Unpopular movie opinions

Talley56

"Nightmares" might be an exaggeration...I wasn't terrified, but all night after watching that movie I kept dreaming the last scene and waking up and saying "Whoa...what the !@#$?"

The only movie that freaked me out was the Exorcist and that was because I was very young and still religious at the time. Now I would think it's hysterically funny movie effects.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hated tropic thunder. Absolutely horrible.

Add Jack Black to the list of any actor that I can't stand. Not funny in the least little bit.

What about There's Something about Mary?

Not to hi-jack this thread into a "Freaks & Geeks" love-fest...but this is a great, small, scene that kind of epitomizes the heart of the show, freak meets geek...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLv-DQwPFuE

Nice. And, then I noticed that they have all the full episodes, so I can just watch the whole series it looks like on youtube.

I hated tropic thunder. Absolutely horrible.

Add Jack Black to the list of any actor that I can't stand. Not funny in the least little bit.

How can you hate Tropic Thunder?

"What do you mean, 'you people?'"

"What do YOU mean, 'you people?'"

What about There's Something about Mary?

Jack Black is in Theres Something About Mary? News to me.

How can you hate Tropic Thunder?

"What do you mean, 'you people?'"

"What do YOU mean, 'you people?'"

I like Robert Downey Jr. In probably every movie with the exception of Sherlock Holmes. Couldn't stand that movie.

I think most people hated it but I liked The Truman Show. Like several others though I mostly dislike Jim Carey.

Are you kidding? That sucked. How do you even make a movie about Truman without mentioning Potsdam?

Silver Linings Playbook was awful. I was bored to tears

I think Scarface is stupid and cheesy.

I thought the first 45 minutes was good and then that movie completely lost me. The big scene at the end was dumb.

I really don't like super hero movies. I think they are tired out. I enjoyed the first Iron Man. Not that I hate any of the Batmans, Spiderman's etc just that they are all the same to me.

Absolutely agree. I honestly can't understand how people will get excited for Batman 17 this summer.

Agreed -- another guy who is supposed to be a humerous side character to a straight man, but simply can't carry a movie.

Another on my list: Inception. It's a dream. No, it's a dream of a dream. No, it's a dream of a dream of a dream. Enough already. I got so bored I turned it off and went to bed.

No, can you follow your own thinking here? You said you don't like Ben Stiller in any movie.

your thinking of the wrong guy. I never said that about Ben Stiller.

I'd also like to add a movie to the list that most I'm sure don't like or thought was bad that I love.

As I sit here on my couch now, watching Congo, I can't change the channel. It's addictive like crack.

Edited by mrags

I see what happened. Wayne Cubed said he doesn't like Ben Stiller in any movie and then Mark Vader said "Not even Tropic Thunder?" and then you said you hate Tropic Thunder, so I figured you were the guy who said it in the first place...........That's why I then asked what about "There's Something about Mary?"

I see what happened. Wayne Cubed said he doesn't like Ben Stiller in any movie and then Mark Vader said "Not even Tropic Thunder?" and then you said you hate Tropic Thunder, so I figured you were the guy who said it in the first place...........That's why I then asked what about "There's Something about Mary?"

lol. Naw, I like Stiller. Between him and Downey Jr, the only reasons I even watched Tropic Thunder. Don't get me wrong, I don't absolutely hate it. But not a huge fan really.

I really don't like super hero movies. I think they are tired out. I enjoyed the first Iron Man. Not that I hate any of the Batmans, Spiderman's etc just that they are all the same to me.

I am an uabashed Star Trek fan... but in genral, I agree...I loathe super hero movies and other genre type things.

So you both did not like "The Incredibles"?

I'm going to venture into forbidden territory and say the whole star war series is over rated

I'm with you on this.

I can't truly comment on this..as I only saw the original back whe n it was in theaters...didn't think it was that great either.

i'll join the club but i would have to say i didn't even see the original back in the day...not my movie style...same with star trek...i'll pass...i've even passed on all of the super hero movies that have come out, again, not my cup of tea

Ahhh, so you are all a part of the "I'm so cool, I didn't like Star Wars" crowd.

lol. Naw, I like Stiller. Between him and Downey Jr, the only reasons I even watched Tropic Thunder. Don't get me wrong, I don't absolutely hate it. But not a huge fan really.

I've never seen it, and it looks stupid and like something I wouldn't want to see. But, I listen to Tony Kornheiser all the time, and agree with what he says most of the time about movies, and he totally loves that movie.

I liked that movie!

Ahhh, so you are all a part of the "I'm so cool, I didn't like Star Wars" crowd.

Not so at all Mark. Prolly more the genre for me...I have only seen one Star Trek movie as well, and that was on HBO prolly in 1987 or something, the Khan one. Having said that, that Triumph bit is some of the funniest stuff ever!

Nope...I'm part of the club that I really don't like sci fi...never been my cup of tea. Never saw an episode of star trek either. Just not my thing. Trust me...'cool' has never been used when speaking about me.

your thinking of the wrong guy. I never said that about Ben Stiller.

I'd also like to add a movie to the list that most I'm sure don't like or thought was bad that I love.

As I sit here on my couch now, watching Congo, I can't change the channel. It's addictive like crack.

Such a waste of Bruce Campbell.

Are you kidding? That sucked. How do you even make a movie about Truman without mentioning Potsdam?

You had to look close. Potsdam is a drinking school and Truman's friend in the movie was constantly bringing beers over. Granted it was more of an indirect reference but you really have to pay attention before you start complaining.

Such a waste of Bruce Campbell.

haha. His acting in that movie, as short as it was, was absolutely atrocious. I love Bruce Campbell but man he was bad in that. Guess it goes along with the rest of that movie tho.