Unpopular movie opinions

Talley56

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Pacino's best movie was Heat.

The Godfather? Serpico? Dog Day Afternoon? Donnie Brasco?

One Pacino movie that's a bit under the radar that I loved was Sea of Love. Ellen Barkin was yummy in her prime.

One Pacino movie that's a bit under the radar that I loved was Sea of Love. Ellen Barkin was yummy in her prime.

Great flick. The sting scene in the beginning was pretty funny.

"You don't know who I am? Let me give you a clue. HOLY COW!"

"You're Phil Rizzuto? Do it again."

"HOLY COW!"

"Man, I knew it. You ARE Phil Rizzuto. Hey Phil...why you serving us coffee?"

the Inches Speech is why.

haha; that's exactly it. He loves that speech.

Sea of Love?? Really??

Pacino has some serious duds. E.g., "and justice for all." Probably one of the worst movies ever.

haha; that's exactly it. He loves that speech.

Sea of Love?? Really??

Pacino has some serious duds. E.g., "and justice for all." Probably one of the worst movies ever.

Yes. Really.

I've never seen "Donnie Brasco".

We all know how great "The Godfather" is.

I thought "Serpico" was nothing special.

"Dog Day Afternoon" is very good.

As for Fan in San Diego's point, I don't know if "Heat" is Pacino's best, but I love that movie and Pacino gives a good performance in it.

As for Fan in San Diego's point, I don't know if "Heat" is Pacino's best, but I love that movie and Pacino gives a good performance in it.

Except for three moments (when he finds Natalie Portman in the bathtub, the "Neil is gone" scene after the shootout, and "You do not get to watch my television set!"), I thought Pacino's performance was slightly annoying. Mostly because I consider that the start of his "SCREAM EVERY LINE!!!" method of acting.

And Dennis Haysbert is seriously underappreciated in Heat. Small part, but possibly the best performance in the movie.

Bullitt with Steve McQueen.

Caught it last night on AMC and was laughing at all the pregnant pauses in dialog, stilted acting and so-so action sequences (outside of the iconic car chase).

It gets a 97% on Rotten Tomatoes, putting in the top tier of American movies, but I just don't get it....

Major league....The Sandlot.....the fighter/Cinderella man/rocky.......Bloodsport. BLOODSPORT!! Come on these are great sports movies.

Bloodsport is the worst acted, worst written, and worst directed movie of all time, but I love it and can't help but what watch it whenever it's on.

Bloodsport is the worst acted, worst written, and worst directed movie of all time, but I love it and can't help but what watch it whenever it's on.

Pretty much like Starship Troopers.