Unpopular movie opinions

Talley56

One movie I really liked that got panned by critics and ignored by the public was "John Carter". Disney did not do a good job of marketing that movie.

This started out as a really good movie, but for a two-hour movie, there were a couple of moments when I expected it to end, and it just kept going. And that feeling almost always ruins a movie for me. I was stunned to see Disney spent $250M on this and grossed only $73M.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People actually go to the drive in to watch movies?

There is a drive-in about 2 minutes from my house and every summer Friday and Saturday, it is packed. This past weekend, they had F&F6 and Hangover. Caused traffic jams in our little community each evening of the long weekend.

Oh yeah, 'Remember the Titans' was the most contrived, cliched, syrupy-sweet load of crap ever. An embarrassment to sports movies.

Sports movies are an embarrassment to sports and movies.

The Program, Miracle, Any Given Sunday, The Replacements, Necessary Roughness, Major League, Slap Shot, Days of Thunder, Talladega Nights are all great sports movies. Regardless of seriousness, they are all great.

And as I pointed out earlier in the thread 'a league of their own'

I never liked it. I kind-of understand the appeal...but I never liked it.

I'm sure I know why you liked it, though, You would. Even Rosie.

I never liked it. I kind-of understand the appeal...but I never liked it.

I'm sure I know why you liked it, though, You would. Even Rosie.

I thought "A League of Their Own" was a great flick. Hanks and Geena Davis were terrific together, and I'm surprised we never saw them together again. Maybe Hanks learned his lesson not to prod the bear after the success of "Sleepless in Seattle" leading to the uber-moronic "You've Got Mail."

I was actually going to say except for Miracle, and a few others, but I decided to just make the blanket statement, because MOST sports movies are really bad, IMO.

Besides Miracle, League of their Own was awesome (and I hadn't thought of that). I also love Bull Durham and Field of Dreams. Major League was pretty good, too.........Forgot about a few boxing ones - I haven't seen Rocky since 1977 or whenever it was, and just have the memory of the sequels sucking. But, Cinderella Man and The Fighter both were excellent.

Any Given Sunday is horrible for whoever mentioned that, and that's the kind of crap I think of when I think of sports movies.

$7 on the weekend gets you 3 movies, and usually one is a recent (2 weeks or less) release....

Midway Drive In

And they have the old time ads, including my favorite....

i think it's $6 per person at the Transit Drive In. All the movies are new releases.

Right now can choose,

F&F6 and Pain n Gain

Hangover 3 and Great Gatsby

??? And Star Trek

There's another screen but that's all I can remember.

We were thinking about going last night but the monsoon held us back.

Any Given Sunday is horrible for whoever mentioned that, and that's the kind of crap I think of when I think of sports movies.

It was beyond horrible. Football has been my one and only sport forever, and it did for football what Pat Boone did for heavy metal.