Thoughts and prayers to those in Oaklahoma

mead107

I've been in several tornadoes from when I lived in Kansas and it's scary as hell. It was NOTHING like what these people are going through, so I can't even fathom how awful this is for all affected. I had no idea that this many people had been killed, and hearing about children drowning just sinks my heart...:(

I've been in several tornadoes from when I lived in Kansas and it's scary as hell. It was NOTHING like what these people are going through, so I can't even fathom how awful this is for all affected. I had no idea that this many people had been killed, and hearing about children drowning just sinks my heart...:(

Same here AJ. I opened the news and saw 51 confirmed dead... My heart just sank... Then to hear of the drowning... Unbelievably sad. You just think these things just can't happen... You read about past school fires that killed many kids, led to new safety guidelines what not... Or children lost in a blizzard being led by their teacher and rope... Even the hurricane in New England during the 1930's... One 9 year old swims, the rest perish in the flood waters... Those are all things in the past. Just a sickening feeling when you have to put those types of stories are in the here and now!

I'm not trying to be flippant. I hope this is appropriate. But we were watching Celebrity Apprentice and Trace Adkins won a crap load of money. Over $500K the last night and I believe he won over $600K up to that point on the show. He was playing for the Red Cross. Couldn't be a better charity considering what is going on in Ok.

Same here AJ. I opened the news and saw 51 confirmed dead... My heart just sank... Then to hear of the drowning... Unbelievably sad. You just think these things just can't happen... You read about past school fires that killed many kids, led to new safety guidelines what not... Or children lost in a blizzard being led by their teacher and rope... Even the hurricane in New England during the 1930's... One 9 year old swims, the rest perish in the flood waters... Those are all things in the past. Just a sickening feeling when you have to put those types of stories are in the here and now!

So true...it's always sad when you hear about people dying, but when it's kids it just affects us on a whole other level. :(

I'm not trying to be flippant. I hope this is appropriate. But we were watching Celebrity Apprentice and Trace Adkins won a crap load of money. Over $500K the last night and I believe he won over $600K up to that point on the show. He was playing for the Red Cross. Couldn't be a better charity considering what is going on in Ok.

I'm embarrassed to admit this, but it wasn't until a few years ago when I realized just how far reaching the efforts of the Red Cross were. Pretty amazing organization and I agree that Trace winning so much money to donate to them is a great thing.

Speaking of celebrity donations, today Kevin Durant just donated a million dollars to the Red Cross today.

Several businesses and industries have donated lots of money, and there is certainly an outpouring of volunteer assistance around here.

I'd give an update on the death toll, but it's too hard to keep track of. They said 51 yesterday, they were saying that the medical examiner had dropped that to 24 this morning, but they still didn't have a firm number. There are also still a lot of people reported as missing that I don't think have had any official pronouncement yet.

Speaking of celebrity donations, today Kevin Durant just donated a million dollars to the Red Cross today.

Several businesses and industries have donated lots of money, and there is certainly an outpouring of volunteer assistance around here.

I'd give an update on the death toll, but it's too hard to keep track of. They said 51 yesterday, they were saying that the medical examiner had dropped that to 24 this morning, but they still didn't have a firm number. There are also still a lot of people reported as missing that I don't think have had any official pronouncement yet.

Damn! How good is that?