Female Cardinal Attacking Windows

did you try the cut out of a hawk taped to the window? that sounds like a cool trick...or put one of those fake owls in a couple of the windows...i bet they stay away...

We've got a bird (sparrow, I think) crapping all over our cars in our driveway. I mean ALL over. And it's one bird. It's amazing...I don't know what this !@#$er's eating, but there's about a half-pound of **** coming out of this four-ounce bird every morning.

So anyhow, we got sick of it, so I went out and got a fake hawk and put it on top of the car one night, hoping MAYBE it would work.

Next morning, hawk's covered with bird ****.

We just park in the street now.

We've got a bird (sparrow, I think) crapping all over our cars in our driveway. I mean ALL over. And it's one bird. It's amazing...I don't know what this !@#$er's eating, but there's about a half-pound of **** coming out of this four-ounce bird every morning.

So anyhow, we got sick of it, so I went out and got a fake hawk and put it on top of the car one night, hoping MAYBE it would work.

ROTFLMAO!

"Take that screwy humans... 1 sparrow - 0 Humans!"

-Signed, Mr. Sparrow

I thought this was a Catholic thread too.

I think that would have been better.

As I read through it there was ......female cardinal this and.....male cardinal that.....then I realized that the sick individuals in this thread are looking at birdies privates all day.

As I read through it there was ......female cardinal this and.....male cardinal that.....then I realized that the sick individuals in this thread are looking at birdies privates all day.

I don't get it.

I heard Blue Jays do it too... Get territorial that is. Guess what country they are from? We aren't in St. Louis anymore.

Thanks! I was reading where the outside would be better for knocking the reflection... But it is rainy and what not... It would turn to shambles. The foil I am think would be better on the inside I suppose... May make it worse on the outside. Anyway... All I can find around the house is tissue paper... LoL... All out of tin foil. I put it on the inside (rainy) and now this screwy beeatch is going to the high windows in front! She is even "kissing" the male @ times! I got like a low brow ghetto event brewing in my yard! Wife is gonna hate what I have done to the interior decorating, she'll tear it down! "All you need to do is talk to the nice birds." she will say. Yeah right, nothing a 12 gauge and some bird shot won't solve!

Tissue paper is holding its own... Still early... Male bird will get her all jacked up! Gonna get some foil later and try that!

lmao...you should be filming this for youtube

lmao...you should be filming this for youtube

I was thinking that... Gotta get my kid to show me how to post that... Blush. It is so stupid, it is crazy. I think she had the eggs hatch the first hot day we had... She was raging before that, calmed down for a few days... Now back right @ it!

Not to get too political... ;-) But a Republican guy @ work said in my response to me telling him what my son said: "Just let the crazy bird keep doing it" and myself saying: "What am I raising a young Republican?" The guy @ work said: "A Republican would just let the bird keep hitting the window, a Democrat would spend a million dollars destroying the house!" LoL... Hey, I am somewhere @ stopping between 25 and 50 bucks for window treatments! ;-)

I think this where they got the concept for Angry Birds!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

I don't get it.

I heard Blue Jays do it too... Get territorial that is. Guess what country they are from? We aren't in St. Louis anymore.

You said it was a female cardinal. I don't understand why you're staring at her privates to decide if she is a girl. Somebody else was looking at the boy cardinal's privates. It is just weird.

You said it was a female cardinal. I don't understand why you're staring at her privates to decide if she is a girl. Somebody else was looking at the boy cardinal's privates. It is just weird.

No. I don't get it. What's this whole thing about "privates?" With birds it is pretty easy to distinguish between male and female withOUT looking at their privates. Male northern cardinals are bright red like the St. Louis baseball team logo. Female northern cardinals are the same kind of bird, bright orange beak BUT dull in color... Only red is the plume on top of its head.

Could be worse. You could have a woodpecker banging away on your house.

Bratatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatata.

Try putting up with THAT for a few days. Ugh!

What did you do? Shoot the thing?

No. I don't get it. What's this whole thing about "privates?" With birds it is pretty easy to distinguish between male and female withOUT looking at their privates. Male northern cardinals are bright red like the St. Louis baseball team logo. Female northern cardinals are the same kind of bird, bright orange beak BUT dull in color... Only red is the plume on top of its head.

What did you do? Shoot the thing?

Whatever you say perv.

you do realize that there is a major difference between male and female cardinals appearance??? or are you just f***ing with him? pretty funny either way

Female

Male

Edited by The Poojer

you do realize that there is a major difference between male and female cardinals appearance??? or are you just f***ing with him? pretty funny either way

Female

Male

I figured as much that they are trolling as usual... That is why I made the comment about blue jays doing the same thing... LoL...

Crayonz is a St. Louis Cardinals fan... One dumb bird! You would think they (4mer, crayonz, whoever came before) would know without having to look @ you know what... That is for the first ever field guide writer... ;-)

Anyway... That is them! The males attack less than the females.

Had a friend just post this to Facebook:

Does anyone have a scoped bb gun rifle i can use for a day? Seriously, this bied has been slamming into our window for a week... I gave him the benefit of the doubt, but his day of reckoning is upon him... muahahaha.... no seriously i need a bb gun.

You guys...is it...happening?

Does anyone have a scoped bb gun rifle i can use for a day? Seriously, this bied has been slamming into our window for a week... I gave him the benefit of the doubt, but his day of reckoning is upon him... muahahaha.... no seriously i need a bb gun.

LoL... Wow... This is quite a problem with these birds! Spring is in the air!

Too bad we can't revive the old tradition of: Christmas Bird Count!

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas_Bird_Count

:-O It would totally drive the environmentalists nuts... My cardinal would have never made it past January 1st! I kid, I kid!

Yep it's SHTF for real. 3 AR's but I never thought of a BB gun. :wallbash:

I have a .22 pellet rifle with a scope, a Daisy 922. The scope is a basic Sears 4x15 scope....

post-9-0-02525900-1369193607_thumb.jpg

:lol:

I was watching some show the other day about how to deal with pesky visitors, and they showed this motion detecting canister of air that goes off whenever anything comes within range and scares the crap out of them. That might end up being counterproductive in your situation, though.