Stevie Johnson Thoughts On New Receivers

I saw Stevie Johnson at an animal park in Varrysburg and he was standing there by himself (otherwise I would not have said anything.) Anyhow, I just said thank you to him for being a refreshing personality and much needed talent to this team. He said how excited he was about what is going on with the organization and that it should be pretty electric offense. I said you must be pretty excited about all the new weapons at WR and he mentioned that it is CRAZY talent and that Goodwin has super human speed.

He added that the coaches are really putting the talent together to match the system. I told him he is going to be pretty pumped when the atmosphere at the Ralph gets back to that the level of the 90s and he said that he just loves watching tapes on that team and how fired up the crowd gets. He closed with "we'll get there and it will all be worth it." I didn't ask anything about EJ as I figured I lucked out with how natural the conversation already was. Anyhow, I thought is was pretty fun to just be talking with him like it was just 2 guys shootin the shiit

I saw Stevie Johnson at an animal park in Varrysburg and he was standing there by himself (otherwise I would not have said anything.) Anyhow, I just said thank you to him for being a refreshing personality and much needed talent to this team. He said how excited he was about what is going on with the organization and that it should be pretty electric offense. I said you must be pretty excited about all the new weapons at WR and he mentioned that it is CRAZY talent and that Goodwin has super human speed.

He added that the coaches are really putting the talent together to match the system. I told him he is going to be pretty pumped when the atmosphere at the Ralph gets back to that the level of the 90s and he said that he just loves watching tapes on that team and how fired up the crowd gets. He closed with "we'll get there and it will all be worth it." I didn't ask anything about EJ as I figured I lucked out with how natural the conversation already was. Anyhow, I thought is was pretty fun to just be talking with him like it was just 2 guys shootin the shiit

That's fun. We tend to forget that these guys are just people. Back in the 90's, I returned to WNY from college and played pickup basketball with Bruce Smith (and another guy I can't remember) in my home town (Springville). Nicest guy in the world. It's good to not see them act like they're above everyone else.

Stevie didn't tell you anything really dramatic or shocking. Nonetheless, it's good to hear he's jazzed about the new offense and WRs.

I thought it was cool he watched tapes of the 90s teams. Not every player will do that. Shows he's identifying himself as a Bill and not just as a guy stuck in Buffalo and toughing it out just for the money.

Thanks for posting!

I also have just an awesome pic and again I would NOT have asked him if it was a crowd but there he was just checking out the scene while his family was like 20 yards behind him. I would have kicked myself not getting the photo opp and did not ask for the autograph (the pic was a much better memory)

I also have just an awesome pic and again I would NOT have asked him if it was a crowd but there he was just checking out the scene while his family was like 20 yards behind him. I would have kicked myself not getting the photo opp and did not ask for the autograph (the pic was a much better memory)

Thanks for sharing, and let's see that pic!

awesome story man. Yes, the pic is better. You can easily get his autograph at St. John Fisher. He is probably the most giving when it comes to signing autographs. From what I've seen, is always the first to start signing and usually will not stop until he's gotten every last person that wants it.

That's fun. We tend to forget that these guys are just people. Back in the 90's, I returned to WNY from college and played pickup basketball with Bruce Smith (and another guy I can't remember) in my home town (Springville). Nicest guy in the world. It's good to not see them act like they're above everyone else.

I was standing at luggage claim at the Airport right at the end of tarining camp 1991 and Bruce was right next to me. He had a look on his face which said don't mess with me. No one talked to him, not one person asked him for an autograph, said hello, nothing. You could see he just wanted to get his wife's luggage and get out of there.

He might have been a nice guy, but day he wasn't in the mood.

Glad to read the Stevie is excited, that's what we need guys who believe they will find a way to get the job done.

So far the Bills off season seems to have gone really well, the whole Marone staff seems to be really professional in their approach. I am hopeful we will see some really positive things but some wins would be nice. I'd be happy with 8-8 this coming season if you can promise me one of those wins is against NE.

I'm glad Bruce was nice to you because I met him one night at Jim Kelly's bar and he was one of the biggest pricks I ever met. He was rude and treated me like I was an ass for wishing him good luck on the upcoming season. He wouldn't even extend his hand for a hand shake. I still rooted for him as a fan when he played but as a person I never respected him again. I see why he held out so much, skipped a ton of practices, and got a few DWI's. Edited by offsides#76FredSmerlas