[please fix subject]Well the Byrd is the Word!!

The Bills are getting things done. Tehy've signed all of their 2013 draft picks except for R1 pick Manuel. Now they need to concentrate on signing Manuel and Pro Bowl FS J. Byrd.

In case you forgot, Byrd is pretty good.

The link:

Let's get manuel and Byrd signed ASAP...........and then maybe Whaley can get to work on a few vet FA signings.

Yay!!! Another "Sign Byrd" thread.

Thanks for the video tho. There was actually a Marcus Stroud sighting in it.

It was easier to pick out players who are no longer Bills in that video than it was to pick out those who are still on the team...Kelsay, Whitner, Florence, McGee, Poz.

Could be a sign of things to come for Byrdman.

Not to take anything away from Byrd--who I think is great--but watching that video, Jake Delhomme is really bad. He overthrew his receiver by 10 yards on two of those Byrd picks.

half of that video was Sanchez.

Byrd is great, but when I saw the Bills had signed Woods, I got excited that they extended Eric Wood by 4 years. We need to get him under contract as well. All in all, things are falling into place. Whaley's list: sign Byrd, Wood, and Manuel.

Not to take anything away from Byrd--who I think is great--but watching that video, Jake Delhomme is really bad. He overthrew his receiver by 10 yards on two of those Byrd picks.

Yup... Same thought.... It looked like almost every single pick was an errant throw that the WR bumbled and tipped or had no chance at all.... mostly overthrows. He is certainly opportunistic, I would just love to see him elevate his game to where he making the same plays vs the best qb's too.

If I were Byrd's agent I wouldn't show this as a highlight reel. The majorityof those picks were on overthown balls where the WR was open and Byrd was late in getting there. I know it has been said a lot. And I do think he has gotten better in coverage. And I would make him the highest paid safety in the league. We need to keep our good players. They have the budget and cap room to do it.

But that video does not help his case...

Yup... Same thought.... It looked like almost every single pick was an errant throw that the WR bumbled and tipped or had no chance at all.... mostly overthrows. He is certainly opportunistic, I would just love to see him elevate his game to where he making the same plays vs the best qb's too.

I agree completely.

His opportunistic play is really great, and it means that he is probably in the right position to make a play (and then does, in fact, make a play). Byrd. in fact, made more plays in a single game than the less-opportunistic Whitner made in his entire NFL career.

But that can't be solely how you judge a safety. Ed Reed was opportunistic, but he also took away an entire half of the field against every QB he played.

Byrd highlights plus that song, I was so excited...then I watched it. What a disappointing video. Could have been so much better. Like 5 of his 18 picks over and over again and not one of his 10 Forced Fumbles, 5 of his Recoveries, or his 2 TDs. Not to mention other big hits and deflections.

Byrd highlights plus that song, I was so excited...then I watched it. What a disappointing video. Could have been so much better. Like 5 of his 18 picks over and over again and not one of his 10 Forced Fumbles, 5 of his Recoveries, or his 2 TDs. Not to mention other big hits and deflections.

your right on brother.