HOME OPENER HAS SOLD OUT

just as a point of interest...

season tickets holders are not yet able to post tickets for sale on the NFL Ticket Exchange until sometime in early June (they will be sent an email notification of exact date).

the tickets that you see for sale now on the NFL Ticket Exchange are from some type of Broker who pays an additional special fee.

Isn't there something where you have to have your tickets paid in full before being able to list them? So these may just be people who paid the full shot all at once instead of taking a payment plan.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't there something where you have to have your tickets paid in full before being able to list them? So these may just be people who paid the full shot all at once instead of taking a payment plan.

Ding Ding, I think we have a winner!! What has he won Johnny?

I feel that standing up is only necessary when people in front of you are standing up and you have to do it also just so you can see the action.

The problem is that the first 15 rows in the lower level sideline are in fact too low. Those folks need to stand for every play in order to see, which of course makes everyone behind them need to stand....looks like the wave but going up and down :D

I called my ticket rep about this and was told the only tickets on the NFL exchange are those by brokers who paid the fee. I'm on a payment plan, but unless you're a broker you can't use the Exchange yet. BUT, you can sell and buy from StubHub.

The problem is that the first 15 rows in the lower level sideline are in fact too low. Those folks need to stand for every play in order to see, which of course makes everyone behind them need to stand....looks like the wave but going up and down :D

Interesting design "feature."

I know modern building codes dictate a lot of things but I personally always thought that the stadium was too horizontal and not vertical enough.

When you think about the balcony in the Aud or the old Yankee Stadium, you could make all the seats closer to the field by going more vertical.

Also by increasing the height of the risers, you could theoretically have a situation where people weren't forced to stand when the people in front of them stand.

Anyways, didn't mean to hijack the thread.

You have to remember that not everyone thinks that standing for most of the game and yelling and screaming like a madman defines the "game-day experience". Just because some don't want to do that doesn't mean they do not enjoy the game live.

There are areas of the Ralph where that is not only acceptable, but expected. And areas where it is not. To each his own.

you totally mis-quoted me. Anyone who yells "sit-down" when people, seated in section 111 or any place in the 100's when someone in front is cheering for the defense should either: (a) stay home; or (b) sit elsewhere. This is not the opera, its a football game. I'm not saying that standing the entire game is acceptable, but when the Bills are on defense you should feel free to stand and make noise w/o having people tell you to "sit-down."

I think we've arrived at a distinction here.

I don't really have a problem with people standing up but I don't have a problem with people who don't want to stand up either.

I understand both sides. Personally I feel that standing up is only necessary when people in front of you are standing up and you have to do it also just so you can see the action. Other than that, there's no reason to stand up. I can make just as much noise simultaneously yelling and clapping when I'm sitting down as when I'm standing up.

To Johnny Hammersticks, I could understand people in a section telling you to sit down but I could not understand people in a section telling you to be quiet.

Were they really telling you to be quiet or were they possibly just telling you to sit down?

No, the people behind us really were really yelling at us to sit down and be quiet. Actually, they were yelling at us to shut up. They were very rude. Again, I'm quite used to sitting in the "regular" seats, and in comparison, I really thought my friends and I were making an effort from the start to tone our behavior down to fit the atmosphere. It seemed that most of the people in this section were older fans. They did not want to stand up and cheer, and I certainly can respect that. However, there were pockets of fans in front of us who were standing during exciting parts of the game as well.

You have to remember that not everyone thinks that standing for most of the game and yelling and screaming like a madman defines the "game-day experience". Just because some don't want to do that doesn't mean they do not enjoy the game live.

There are areas of the Ralph where that is not only acceptable, but expected. And areas where it is not. To each his own.

Agreed. To each his own. That's why I wouldn't sit in that particular area ever again.

Well....maybe when I'm too old to chew my own food and need to wear a diaper. It will be bothersome to have young whippersnappers standing up and yelling fancy whoosiewhatsits at the playing field. By that stage in my life loud noises and moving objects will be confusing and scary.

you totally mis-quoted me. Anyone who yells "sit-down" when people, seated in section 111 or any place in the 100's when someone in front is cheering for the defense should either: (a) stay home; or (b) sit elsewhere. This is not the opera, its a football game. I'm not saying that standing the entire game is acceptable, but when the Bills are on defense you should feel free to stand and make noise w/o having people tell you to "sit-down."

Agree with this wholeheartedly. People who stand and scream their brains out for the entire game are obnoxious, however, I think fans in ANY section of the stadium should feel free to stand and cheer during critical points in the game (i.e., goalline stands, defensive third down stand, etc...). Anyone who doesn't like it should stay home. It's more comfortable on your couch, and you can adjust the atmosphere to be just how you like it.

Edited by Johnny Hammersticks

Isn't there something where you have to have your tickets paid in full before being able to list them?

So these may just be people who paid the full shot all at once instead of taking a payment plan.

YES, that part is true, you must be paid in full BEFORE you can list your tickets on the NFL Ticket Exchange.

your second part is not correct.

I have 10 season tickets, my account is paid in full. I have been told by my Buffalo Bills Account Rep that I will NOT be able to list my tickets, even though I am paid in full, til sometime early june. they will send me an email and she confirmed my email addy.

she also said the tickets that are listed now, are from special brokers who pay an additional fee (I did not ask to whom).

Do you have to stand to make noise? I get the concept of trying to disrupt the opponents offense. But do you have to stand to do so?

If the people behind you are telling you to shut up I am totally on your side. But if like you said, it is only to sit down I am on their side.

That's another reason I like to watch at home. Considerably less drama. I only have my wife telling me to shut up ;)

Edited by CodeMonkey

Do you have to stand to make noise? I get the concept of trying to disrupt the opponents offense. But do you have to stand to do so?

If the people behind you are telling you to shut up I am totally on your side. But if like you said, it is only to sit down I am on their side.

That's another reason I like to watch at home. Considerably less drama. I only have my wife telling me to shut up ;)

Yes, it is a scientific fact that you can yell louder from a standing position :nana:

Last season I was finally able to upgrade to the first row in the upper deck -- and I gotta say, I think these are some of the best seats in the house. The leg room is fantastic, there's nobody in front of me, and I see everything. Aside from turning these benches into individual seats, there isn't anything else I could ask for. I can only hope I have a reason to come up late in the year one of these days.

Last season I was finally able to upgrade to the first row in the upper deck -- and I gotta say, I think these are some of the best seats in the house. The leg room is fantastic, there's nobody in front of me, and I see everything. Aside from turning these benches into individual seats, there isn't anything else I could ask for. I can only hope I have a reason to come up late in the year one of these days.

My one friend's dad when they renovated the stadium last time, he had lower bowl tickets but he got bumped to the upper deck. He was pissed. Since he got bumped they gave him any choice in the upper deck & he picked first row around the 50. He was close to dropping them because being in the lower bowl alll those years he wanted nothing to do with the upper deck. That was what back in 1998. I will see him every once in a while at the games & it never fails he still to this day mentions how much he loves his seat now in the first row upper deck. Says he will never sit anywhere else in the stadium. He swears by those seats.

My one friend's dad when they renovated the stadium last time, he had lower bowl tickets but he got bumped to the upper deck. He was pissed. Since he got bumped they gave him any choice in the upper deck & he picked first row around the 50. He was close to dropping them because being in the lower bowl alll those years he wanted nothing to do with the upper deck. That was what back in 1998. I will see him every once in a while at the games & it never fails he still to this day mentions how much he loves his seat now in the first row upper deck. Says he will never sit anywhere else in the stadium. He swears by those seats.

I completely agree. I'm at about the 35. My friend has great lower bowl seats (124) and I've sat with him before, but I prefer where I am now.

I completely agree. I'm at about the 35. My friend has great lower bowl seats (124) and I've sat with him before, but I prefer where I am now.

I'm with both of you guys on this one too.

Have sat through a game in just about every spot possible in RWS over the years and the one time I happened upon front row tickets of the upper deck near mid-field on the visitor's side was easily the best comfort and viewing experience.

Now iirc the game was a field goal battle snooze fest against the Texans that the Bills ended up losing... but at least we really enjoyed the seats.

:thumbsup:

Part of the issue is that compared to rest of the league Bills tickets are cheap not even considering lack of PSLs. Part of it is pure greed which is a shame for Bills fans who would like to go to game but unable to get tickets.

While certain games, like the opener, sell out quickly, it's not like anyone who wants to see a Bills game can't buy a ticket. In fact you can usually see games at drastically reduced prices by November.

Buffalo is not Green Bay or the Giants. Anyone can see a Bills game for box office price or less.

PTR

I just gave up my seats in 332 row 2, we have had them since a renovation many years ago when we had been in the lower bowl since 82. Loved them, but wanted to try the lower bowl again, so we are down in 114. If it doesn't work out, I can always switch next year to go back up. But I did love those seats.