HOME OPENER HAS SOLD OUT

Yeah my wife got club seats from her financial planner, now she doesn't want to sit in anythng but club.

I've thought about getting cheaper seats to save money, but I don't want to give up my club seats.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question for those with Club Seats: how is the atmosphere in terms of cheering, being loud for our D when the other team has the ball, etc.? Also, are they difficult to resell on NFL Ticket exchange? I live out of town and agree w/ the above-mentioned benefit of club seats, just trying to see if there is any drawback in terms of experience/ability to re-sell. Thanks!

Question for those with Club Seats: how is the atmosphere in terms of cheering, being loud for our D when the other team has the ball, etc.? Also, are they difficult to resell on NFL Ticket exchange? I live out of town and agree w/ the above-mentioned benefit of club seats, just trying to see if there is any drawback in terms of experience/ability to re-sell. Thanks!

I have seasons in both the clubs and the lower bowl. If you are looking for your neighbors to be loud and "into it", you might be somewhat disappointed with the clubs. In terms of fan intensity, it's definitely a notch below the rest of the stadium - which cuts both ways depending on your taste (some people prefer that). What I've never understood is why half of the club seat holders spend most of the game inside, watching the wall of TVs like they're at a sports bar. It's like, um, do you people realize there's a LIVE NFL game about 50 feet away, outside?

Haha it's awfully cold come December

Really, I never noticed "the awfully cold come December" as it's so easy to stay warm with the proper gear.

I have seasons in both the clubs and the lower bowl. If you are looking for your neighbors to be loud and "into it", you might be somewhat disappointed with the clubs. In terms of fan intensity, it's definitely a notch below the rest of the stadium - which cuts both ways depending on your taste (some people prefer that). What I've never understood is why half of the club seat holders spend most of the game inside, watching the wall of TVs like they're at a sports bar. It's like, um, do you people realize there's a LIVE NFL game about 50 feet away, outside?

I wondered the same thing. Spend the bucks to watch it on TV when you can watch the game live!?

Yeah, and when Bills home games turn into Pats or Steelers home games. <_<

And who's fault is that? The people selling tickets to out of town fans or the local fans who can't be bothered to go to games? I see it as a public service. At least the stadium is full. Otherwise the shots of a half-empty stadium would make Buffalo look bad.

PTR

I don't know that I would ever sit in the club seats again after my experience a few years ago (I believe it was the Paul McGuire Club). My friend got tickets from his Father who is a regional director for First Niagara Bank. Although we are all used to sitting with the drunken masses, we were excited to experience the game with private bathrooms, beverage service, heated seats, etc... The view from the seats was pretty good, but the fans in that section were ridiculous. Mindful of our surroundings, we were very respectful and did not get too intoxicated. Well, it quickly became clear that cheering for the team was frowned upon in this section. Several times on third down defensive stands we stood up to cheer only to hear jeers coming from people behind us yelling at us to "sit down and be quiet." I am serious....we were told to be quiet at a friggin NFL football game. Out of respect for my friend's Father, we bit our tongues, and just played it cool for the remainder of the game.

In short, the concessions and beverage service were great, however, if you want to get up and cheer loudly for the Bills the club section is likely not for you. I guess you have to check it out for yourself...formulate your own opinion.

Edited by Johnny Hammersticks

Biggest complaint I ever heard there is no coat racks..........

In the Van Miller club there is a coat room, but they use it for storage now, and have a beer cart set up in front of it so you can't get in there. I think 2003 or 2004 was the last year I was using it.

And who's fault is that? The people selling tickets to out of town fans or the local fans who can't be bothered to go to games? I see it as a public service. At least the stadium is full. Otherwise the shots of a half-empty stadium would make Buffalo look bad.

PTR

I personally think a stadium filled with away fans looks worse than an empty stadium. And it's easy to tell, just from the crowd noise on TV if nothing else.

But for us needing sellouts in order to see the game on TV, away fans are better than a non sellout.

PTR

There are definitely some Buffalo 'fans' who are more concerned about making as much money as they can selling extra tickets to opposing fans.

i spoke to one fan who was selling them to opposing fans to pay for his tickets (he did not sit in section he was selling tickets in) and said he did not even attempt to sell to Bills fans since opposing fans were willing to pay so much more than Bills fans. He bragged to me how he always made enough money to pay for his tickets several times over.

Part of the issue is that compared to rest of the league Bills tickets are cheap not even considering lack of PSLs. Part of it is pure greed which is a shame for Bills fans who would like to go to game but unable to get tickets.

Thanks for the reply. It seems that I'll stick with the regular seats I have. I only make a few games, and the fan intensity is what does it for me. I can go to a sports bar here at home and watch the game. Very helpful, thanks!

I don't know that I would ever sit in the club seats again after my experience a few years ago (I believe it was the Paul McGuire Club). My friend got tickets from his Father who is a regional director for First Niagara Bank. Although we are all used to sitting with the drunken masses, we were excited to experience the game with private bathrooms, beverage service, heated seats, etc... The view from the seats was pretty good, but the fans in that section were ridiculous. Mindful of our surroundings, we were very respectful and did not get too intoxicated. Well, it quickly became clear that cheering for the team was frowned upon in this section. Several times on third down defensive stands we stood up to cheer only to hear jeers coming from people behind us yelling at us to "sit down and be quiet." I am serious....we were told to be quiet at a friggin NFL football game. Out of respect for my friend's Father, we bit our tongues, and just played it cool for the remainder of the game.

In short, the concessions and beverage service were great, however, if you want to get up and cheer loudly for the Bills the club section is likely not for you. I guess you have to check it out for yourself...formulate your own opinion.

Thanks. Very helpful. It seems that I'll stick with the regular seats I have. I only make a few games, and the fan intensity is what does it for me. Being told to "sit down" when cheering for the defense really annoys me. If you don't want to get into the game, why are you at the game?!?!? I sat in club seats about 10 years ago and your description fits in with what I recall. Very helpful, thanks!

Well, it quickly became clear that cheering for the team was frowned upon in this section. Several times on third down defensive stands we stood up to cheer only to hear jeers coming from people behind us yelling at us to "sit down and be quiet."

I sat in the Jim Kelly club last year and will again this year. I thought the atmosphere was great and I didn't have any problems with people trying to tone us down.

I think we've arrived at a distinction here.

I don't really have a problem with people standing up but I don't have a problem with people who don't want to stand up either.

I understand both sides. Personally I feel that standing up is only necessary when people in front of you are standing up and you have to do it also just so you can see the action. Other than that, there's no reason to stand up. I can make just as much noise simultaneously yelling and clapping when I'm sitting down as when I'm standing up.

To Johnny Hammersticks, I could understand people in a section telling you to sit down but I could not understand people in a section telling you to be quiet.

Were they really telling you to be quiet or were they possibly just telling you to sit down?

Thanks. Very helpful. It seems that I'll stick with the regular seats I have. I only make a few games, and the fan intensity is what does it for me. Being told to "sit down" when cheering for the defense really annoys me. If you don't want to get into the game, why are you at the game?!?!? I sat in club seats about 10 years ago and your description fits in with what I recall. Very helpful, thanks!

You have to remember that not everyone thinks that standing for most of the game and yelling and screaming like a madman defines the "game-day experience". Just because some don't want to do that doesn't mean they do not enjoy the game live.

There are areas of the Ralph where that is not only acceptable, but expected. And areas where it is not. To each his own.

just as a point of interest...

season tickets holders are not yet able to post tickets for sale on the NFL Ticket Exchange until sometime in early June (they will be sent an email notification of exact date).

the tickets that you see for sale now on the NFL Ticket Exchange are from some type of Broker who pays an additional special fee.