Altruistic Powerball Approach to keeping Bills in Buffalo

Dean Cain

Here is my plan on how we as Bills fans could come together to keep the Bills in Buffalo. Quite simple, it would be a reverse of the Bills Bonds plan. It requires the power of social media, expert planning, logistics, and above-all compliance via legal contract among all participants.

Create a 501c3 non-profit entity. Call it Buffalo Bills NY Forever, Bills Mafia, or whatever. Elect a beneficiary - Jim Kelly comes to mind. Also stipulate in contract that the lucky person who picks winning number would receive $50,000,000 , aka incentive.

Open membership to all 432,611 Facebook Bills fans via Facebook campaign. A minimum of 150,000 fans would be needed based on limitations of time, fatigue, logistics.

Generate a Powerball lottery matrix. The matrix would include instructions for all Bills fans to play a specific combination of numbers. Matrix would be traced to user to ensure compliance.

Wait for the next big jackpot, $600 million or more.

When the time comes distribute the money via PayPal to all 150,000 Bills fans participating.

Here's the math:

Fact: there are 432,611 Bills "fans" on Facebook. Assume 150,000 fans participate.

Fact: to win the Powerball jackpot one must purchase 175,223,510 different number combinations.

Fact: 1,169 tickets per person must be played costing the Bills fan $2,338.00 each.

Fact: Assume 2 minutes per ticket printed, 2,338 minutes total or 38 hours 58 minutes per person. Roughly 10 hours needed per day Sunday-Wednesday.

With $550,000,000 more Benjamin's Jim Kelly would have enough money after taxes to acquire the minimum 30% to suffice the owners equity rule. And one lucky guy out of 150,000 would be $50,000,000 richer.

Let's get working on this.

Thoughts?

So if I pick the winning ticket instead of the full jackpot I get $50,000,000? Uhhhh, no thanks. If I win the jackpot the Bills can move to Peoria. Hell they can move there without me winning the lottery and I still wouldn't care.

That's the barrier for you and this plan?

No. Buying 2000 tickets with a 1 in half a million chance that I win 50M is the barrier. Who would do that?

Not to mention Jim's point.

And taxes.

And the whole issue of other winners.

Nope but I do not participate in anything requiring Facebook or text messages so no need to look further.

oh dear lord - text messages are off limits too?

on a sidenote: i guess we didnt win?

Edited by NoSaint

Can I borrow 2400 bucks? Oops, there goes your plan. ;-) :-P

So if I pick the winning ticket instead of the full jackpot I get $50,000,000? Uhhhh, no thanks. If I win the jackpot the Bills can move to Peoria. Hell they can move there without me winning the lottery and I still wouldn't care.

Don't want to go to Peoria... Too many Asian carp... ;-)