Kobe vs MJ Debate Settled

ajzepp

Jordan was also more naturally inclined to let the game come to him and not overplay his hand, whereas Kobe tends to force the action, especially when the game isn't going his way. When his shot is off, Kobe will pound away relentlessly until his luck turns. Michael, on the other hand, would shift his attention to defense or passing or setting screens to help the team win the game.

That's what I hate about Kobe. When he was off he was off and still kept throwing it up there. He is almost solely responsible for why I no longer watch the NBA.

That's what I hate about Kobe. When he was off he was off and still kept throwing it up there. He is almost solely responsible for why I no longer watch the NBA.

I think the guy is a punk...I was rooting for him out of high school, cause I was living in Philly when he decided to make the jump to the NBA...but the more I learned about him, the more I though he was just a selfish jerk. I used to be heavily into the NBA in the late 80s and throughout most of the 90s, and it's always bothered me when people say Kobe is in the same league as MJ. Clearly even Phil Jackson can't find one area where Kobe was on par with MJ...straight from the Zen horse's mouth.

I think the guy is a punk...I was rooting for him out of high school, cause I was living in Philly when he decided to make the jump to the NBA...but the more I learned about him, the more I though he was just a selfish jerk. I used to be heavily into the NBA in the late 80s and throughout most of the 90s, and it's always bothered me when people say Kobe is in the same league as MJ. Clearly even Phil Jackson can't find one area where Kobe was on par with MJ...straight from the Zen horse's mouth.

And I loved Shaq so it was so much easier to just hate Kobe. Shaq was a big goofball (still is) and Kobe is as you said a punk.

And I loved Shaq so it was so much easier to just hate Kobe. Shaq was a big goofball (still is) and Kobe is as you said a punk.

Same here...Shaq rules

Whoa.

I think Jordan is no. 1, by himself and by a longshot.

When the game is on the line, who would you rather have with the ball?

That's a good question, but I don't think the answer is so obvious. Yes, Jordan certainly had some memorable clutch moments, but LeBron is also a very clutch performer. He brought Cleveland to the NBA finals fer chrissakes!

It almost seems kind of personal still with Jackson and Kobe. Its unfair to say Kobe wasn't initially a leader when one considers how young he was when he started in NBA, and the other strong personalities on the Lakers. Jackson touches on the former but pays no mind to the latter. Also I give kobe credit for stepping up his leadership role after Shaq left.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack