Ranking the QBs respect must be earned Will Brinson CBS

Peyton was far better than Brady last year.

Also, Luck is wildly overrated in that ranking. He's the last of the "young guns," in my opinion.

Edited by ny33

Yes, I really don't get the Tannehill = playoff QB thing. I didn't see it, and the data backs that up. Right now Tannehill isn't even in the top half of the league. QBR has him at #19 http://espn.go.com/nfl/qbr

That's 5 slots behind Schaub, btw.

CBS : QBR :: "how do you feel" : "what do you think".

:lol:

I just don't get the love for Tannehill. I mean I understand stats don't tell the whole story, but he had very similar stats to Brandon Weedon. Brandon Weedon had pretty much the same situation at WR as Miami did last year, in some ways I would say it was worse in Cleveland. And yet, no one is drooling over Weedon.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

Peyton was far better than Brady last year.

Also, Luck is wildly overrated in that ranking. He's the last of the "young guns," in my opinion.

Luck's easily the best of them in mine. Guy QB'd the team with the worst record in the NFL the previous season to an 11 win season. This with a D that didn't help much (ranked 26th in yds, 21st in points.)

Luck's easily the best of them in mine. Guy QB'd the team with the worst record in the NFL the previous season to an 11 win season. This with a D that didn't help much (ranked 26th in yds, 21st in points.)

The team tanked, in my opinion, in 2011. RG3 put up insane numbers compared to Luck, from a purely statistical standpoint, and took an injury-riddled team to the playoffs. Indianapolis also had an excellent draft on offense besides Luck, picking up two good TEs, two solid WRs, and a decent RB in Ballard. The draft post-Polian fixed the roster. Luck will be a good QB, but I think RG3 was far more valuable.

Not much argument about the "elite" category or the "young guns" category.

"The Next Group" can start some argument (Romo? Seriously?)

From "In Limbo" on down it's just silly. Cutler, Smith, and Schaub have all shown something and probably deserve to be in whatever group contains Romo.

Freeman and Stafford have shown flashes. Bradford and Tannehill have yet to show anything, and to put them above Dalton is just silly, let alone above Cutler, Smith and Schaub.

"The Next Group" can start some argument (Romo? Seriously?)

From "In Limbo" on down it's just silly. Cutler, Smith, and Schaub have all shown something and probably deserve to be in whatever group contains Romo.

Agree, if you are using Romo as a barometer then the others belong.

Gotta love being ranked #32 of 32.

I remember seeing this list last year and they had us around the mid twenties with Fitz. I feel like our QB position is much improved/has potential to be much better than last year. I think they just didn't know where to put the Bills' QB situation. Not enough info to go on. EJ is a rookie, VJax probably won't do anything differently than he has done in the past, and Kolb could potentially be the top guy teams were drooling over a couple years ago if we keep him protected.

I just don't get the love for Tannehill. I mean I understand stats don't tell the whole story, but he had very similar stats to Brandon Weedon. Brandon Weedon had pretty much the same situation at WR as Miami did last year, in some ways I would say it was worse in Cleveland. And yet, no one is drooling over Weedon.

But that's the whole thing: QBR does, attempt, to tell the whole story. It certainly tells a better story than passer rating, or, "whatever I feel".

The only thing it doesn't measure: Potential, which is wholly subjective. My opinion that Tannehill won't do much, is just as valid as Dolphin fan's opinion that he will, and equally as biased, for obvious reasons. :lol: We'll see who is right, but, neither is a logical argument, and to make a "ranking" on that is ridiculous.

It also doesn't measure how many opportunities with the ball their defense gives one QB vs. another. I think that's what I would add. It accounts for down and distance, and drive start, etc. It doesn't account for: this is the 1st possession vs. this is the 15th possession. I would argue that scoring on the 5th drive, is harder than scoring on both the 1st and the 10th. On the first, the D hasn't seen the O's plan yet. On the 10th, they've seen it, but now they aren't fresh.