Worst Player Offseason Power Rankings

Chris Burke from SI.com lists the ten players who have had the worst offseasons: http://nfl.si.com/20...?xid=nl_siextra

Hard to argue with his list.

Wow thats pretty depressing ! Not sure I agree with Nassib being on the list. He seems in a reasonable situation, especially when compared to some of the thugs on that list ! LOL ! Thanks for that.

jb

yeah, I agree it seems a little unfair to have nassib on that list, most people had him as a 2-3rd round prospect outside of Buffalo, so going 4th wasn't that far a drop.

rounds aside, he's going to a place where the coach and GM said they hope he never plays. not exactly a QB's dream... going to a team with a durable franchise guy still in his prime years. the actual location hurts worse than his spot in the draft.

yeah, I agree it seems a little unfair to have nassib on that list, most people had him as a 2-3rd round prospect outside of Buffalo, so going 4th wasn't that far a drop.

Goes to show, the power of the uninformed media repeating something over and over (i.e., the Bills will draft Nassib high), until it suddenly becomes an accepted fact.

rounds aside, he's going to a place where the coach and GM said they hope he never plays. not exactly a QB's dream... going to a team with a durable franchise guy still in his prime years. the actual location hurts worse than his spot in the draft.

absolutely. if you are a competitor who loves the game of football, this is pretty much worst case scenerio. but, injuries and garbage time could allow him an opportunity, and we've seen teams go nuts trading for big potential and small body of work.

absolutely. if you are a competitor who loves the game of football, this is pretty much worst case scenerio. but, injuries and garbage time could allow him an opportunity, and we've seen teams go nuts trading for big potential and small body of work.

grumble... Rob Johnson

Edited by eball

How is being a competitor, loving the game of football and being on a football team worse than not being on a football team?

I completely disagree with anything anyone has to say about Nassib. This guy is in a great spot. Pretty sure the whole"hope he never has to play" thing is in regards to any time in the immediate future...basically, hopeing Eli doesn't get hurt because Nassib will probably end up as the #2 in NY.

Manning, though the younger of the 2, is no "spring chicken" @ 32. Just because Peyton showed he's got more in the tank @ 36 doesn't mean Eli will follow the same path. Like Rogers, Nassib will have an opportunity to sit for a few years behind an, arguably, elite QB. Not to say Eli will be done @ 35, but if he continues to take the beatings he has over the last couple years, ya never know. Eli's a tough dude, but so is Ken Shamrock, regarless of how many beatings he had to take to make him hang it up.

How is being a competitor, loving the game of football and being on a football team worse than not being on a football team?

i am just trying to say that if playing time is an important factor in his being happy in the nfl, he may be in the wrong place. and he has absolutely no control of that.

There is both downside and upside to Naasib's tenure with the Giants. On the upside, he will sit on the bench and learn and may be traded to a QB needy team in a couple of years. (I believe 4th Rds only get a 3year deal). The downside is that while EJ, Barkley and Geno have a very good shot of starting and proving themselves in the NFL rightaway, Naasib has that door shut firmly in front of him unless there is a devastating injury to a player who has not missed any game in his career.