RIP Dick Trickle

King of the short track...he called 911 himself...wow!

God, Suicide... I hadn't heard he was sick and knew he was young, and I knew he lived not too far away... wonder what the rest of the story is - the guy could race.

King of the short track...he called 911 himself...wow!

I was expecting to read that he was at the gravesite of a beloved friend or family member - a wife he could not live without or a child...

I was expecting to read that he was at the gravesite of a beloved friend or family member - a wife he could not live without or a child...

His grandaughter killed in 2001 in a traffic accident...said he never got over it.

I used to work at a graveyard in high school and college during the summers. In the 4 years I worked there we had two suicides of family members near a loved ones grave. The pickup truck we used in the yard was from one incident. The family didn't want it since it had the decedent had deposited his brain matter throughout the interior of the cab.

God, Suicide... I hadn't heard he was sick and knew he was young, and I knew he lived not too far away... wonder what the rest of the story is - the guy could race.

You know we're getting old when we're calling somebody in their 70s young!

His grandaughter killed in 2001 in a traffic accident...said he never got over it.

12 years doesn't really make it the same, to me, though.

You know we're getting old when we're calling somebody in their 70s young!

And I am 31... wtf. But, yeah, I get your point.