It's a tough life

The wife and I were parking a couple of Saturdays ago. We fed the meter and someone pulled up behind us and put no money in the meter. They had a disabled placard on their car and in CA you do not have to feed the meter if you're disabled. WTF. Just because you're disabled you get free parking??? !@#$ that noise. Oh and as you can imagine the woman driving appeard to have zero disabilities.

Inability to pay for parking is probably considered a disability in CA.

Let me guess; the CA public employee union has 'negotiated' for state employees to get a free handicap placards.

Off topic a bit, but this week I was behind a car with a handicap license plate. We were at a drive-thru outside our post office that lets you swing in to drop your mail in one of two boxes. The last pickup is at 5, and as the car in front of me pulled up, she saw the postal worker pushing a large wheeled bucked into a side entrance. Realizing she missed the pickup, the stupid cnt puts her car in park, opens the door, and runs full speed at the postal worker.

I'm thinking...beyond the fact that everyone behind you is blocked in, what handicap could you possibly have that requires special parking but still let's you turn in a competitive 40 time?

Inability to pay for parking is probably considered a disability in CA.

Where do they get that being disabled = you get to park for free. Where's the logic in that? Do they just assume that if you're disabled you can't work therefore you can't afford to pay to park? They're not on disability, they're disabled.

I'm thinking...beyond the fact that everyone behind you is blocked in, what handicap could you possibly have that requires special parking but still let's you turn in a competitive 40 time?

Can't complete a pass beyond 5 yards without bouncing the ball off the turf, maybe?

Where do they get that being disabled = you get to park for free. Where's the logic in that? Do they just assume that if you're disabled you can't work therefore you can't afford to pay to park? They're not on disability, they're disabled.

I don't know. It's your !@#$ing state.

In DC, they have special meters, near doorways and crosswalks, where the time limit is six hours (instead of 2) so you don't have to keep moving your car or feeding the meter. Still have to pay, though. I always thought it made sense.

Can't complete a pass beyond 5 yards without bouncing the ball off the turf, maybe?

I don't know. It's your !@#$ing state.

In DC, they have special meters, near doorways and crosswalks, where the time limit is six hours (instead of 2) so you don't have to keep moving your car or feeding the meter. Still have to pay, though. I always thought it made sense.

The best thing they did in SF was convert most of the meters to be able to accept credit and debit cards. Kind of hard to carry around $124 in quarters when you had to run into the store for a gallon of milk. Oh and starting this year no free parking on Sundays. :censored:

My cousins enjoyed going to Disney last year with my Grandmother, since she was in a wheelchair, they got to go to the head of the line on the rides. So anyone that wants to take my Grandmother to Disney, send me a PM.

The wife and I were parking a couple of Saturdays ago. We fed the meter and someone pulled up behind us and put no money in the meter. They had a disabled placard on their car and in CA you do not have to feed the meter if you're disabled. WTF. Just because you're disabled you get free parking??? !@#$ that noise. Oh and as you can imagine the woman driving appeared to have zero disabilities.

My ex-wife did not appear to have any disabilities (unless you consider marrying me one).

Anyways, here in Syracuse there are handicapped marked street parking, but you still need to feed the meter, no free parking.

My cousins enjoyed going to Disney last year with my Grandmother, since she was in a wheelchair, they got to go to the head of the line on the rides. So anyone that wants to take my Grandmother to Disney, send me a PM.

My ex-wife did not appear to have any disabilities (unless you consider marrying me one).

Anyways, here in Syracuse there are handicapped marked street parking, but you still need to feed the meter, no free parking.

Bingo! Yes they may have disability issues that prevent them from walking to their destination but do not prevent them from digging into their pocket and/or purse to pull out a shitload of quarters to feed the meter. That whole scene pissed me off.