It's a tough life

LOL, that is freakin awesome.... while I find the dishonesty abbhorrent, if you love free markets this is one great example of one person have a service in demand and another valuing it enought to purchase it.

Disney sucks though- Chicken Sandwich, $17.50.... happiest place on earth, no. pound for pound most expensive, perhaps.

LOL, that is freakin awesome.... while I find the dishonesty abbhorrent, if you love free markets this is one great example of one person have a service in demand and another valuing it enought to purchase it.

Disney sucks though- Chicken Sandwich, $17.50.... happiest place on earth, no. pound for pound most expensive, perhaps.

I don't consider it "dishonesty" as much as "gaming the system". Which I have no problem with - Disney's rules, they're following them.

I don't consider it "dishonesty" as much as "gaming the system". Which I have no problem with - Disney's rules, they're following them.

I am currently debating with myself here: if Renting a Capper to skirt the lines at Disney is on the same level as a friend of mine (who is become less of a friend) says he is military to get discounts on stuff. Both exploit the coutesy of others for personal gain... Neither has miltary service or a bone fide handicap in the family....

I am currently debating with myself here: if Renting a Capper to skirt the lines at Disney is on the same level as a friend of mine (who is become less of a friend) says he is military to get discounts on stuff. Both exploit the coutesy of others for personal gain... Neither has miltary service or a bone fide handicap in the family....

I think the difference is: Disney's rules are explicit (handicapped people and guests go to the front of the line), and are technically being followed (there's nothing that says your guests can't pay you to be their guests. What's more, even if they did, you could just as easily say "It's an act of charity - we're giving a handicapped person a free vacation they otherwise wouldn't have, complete with a per diem.") They can hide behind the letter of the rule by saying "All we said is that he's with us..."

In your friend's case, he's simply flat-out lying.

I think the difference is: Disney's rules are explicit (handicapped people and guests go to the front of the line), and are technically being followed (there's nothing that says your guests can't pay you to be their guests. What's more, even if they did, you could just as easily say "It's an act of charity - we're giving a handicapped person a free vacation they otherwise wouldn't have, complete with a per diem.") They can hide behind the letter of the rule by saying "All we said is that he's with us..."

In your friend's case, he's simply flat-out lying.

Interesting. To me, Saying you're Miliatry or Claiming that the Cap is your family member is one of the same... its lying, its dishonest. Its only when you're discovered that you resort to the "we're taking this guy on a avacation he couldn't afford" explanation and ratioanlization... The intent was to cheat, and how I was raised, is dishonest... at the very minimum its probably bad karma....

I am not saying I don't go in the exit door at Invesco Field bathrooms at halftime to piss when the line in out the door in the entrance... or that I don't name drop to skip lines.... Is it dishonest, maybe maybe not, I know alot of people from my job.... but my mother sure would have some choice words about that kind of behavior.

I am not saying I don't go in the exit door at Invesco Field bathrooms at halftime to piss when the line in out the door in the entrance...

or that I don't name drop to skip lines....

Is it dishonest, maybe maybe not, I know alot of people from my job.... but my mother sure would have some choice words about that kind of behavior.

Thats an intriguing statement "B"......................

All Disney needs to do is ammend the rules a little, a handicapped patron and one other member of the group can skip ahead.

That way, if you're going to do this practice, you have to "hire" more handicapped people.......................everyone wins

Disney is great. Every ride spills directly into a gift shop. Genius.

Hopefully Disney changes the rules and makes handicapped people wait for hours in line as well.

Nice Doc! :lol:

Although 'legal' and following the rules I'm gonna fall into the camp of this being 'not cool.' Letter of the law....fine. Spirit of it....not so much.

Disney is great. Every ride spills directly into a gift shop. Genius.

Yep. We go several times a year. Although I've never spent close to $17.50 on a chicken sandwich there.

Nice Doc! :lol:

Hey, they make the parks and rides accessible to people with disabilities (not to mention I have to worry about getting run-over by some in the motorized wheelchairs who think they own the park). No one said they deserved to get on rides immediately!

Edited by Doc

The wife and I were parking a couple of Saturdays ago. We fed the meter and someone pulled up behind us and put no money in the meter. They had a disabled placard on their car and in CA you do not have to feed the meter if you're disabled. WTF. Just because you're disabled you get free parking??? !@#$ that noise. Oh and as you can imagine the woman driving appeard to have zero disabilities.

Thats an intriguing statement "B"......................

All Disney needs to do is ammend the rules a little, a handicapped patron and one other member of the group can skip ahead.

That way, if you're going to do this practice, you have to "hire" more handicapped people.......................everyone wins

Did you just outline the 2013 Obama Jobs Bill?

It sounds like they're creating jobs for handicapped people. Bravo, real housewives of NYC!

Yup. The biggest winners in this are he handicapped that make $1,000 a day for having fun!

The wife and I were parking a couple of Saturdays ago. We fed the meter and someone pulled up behind us and put no money in the meter. They had a disabled placard on their car and in CA you do not have to feed the meter if you're disabled. WTF. Just because you're disabled you get free parking??? !@#$ that noise. Oh and as you can imagine the woman driving appeard to have zero disabilities.

Let me guess; the CA public employee union has 'negotiated' for state employees to get a free handicap placards.