Here comes every person/nut who ever had an IRS issue

http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2013/05/kmov-anchor-the-irs-is-targeting-me-163945.html

I figured this would happen. Notice how at the top, this post has been "updated" to say that this guy has had a problem for "several years" prior to the interview he initially said was most likely the cause of his IRS woes?

I'm not sure how to feel about this:

On one hand, perhaps people with legit grievances now feel safe enough to come forward?

On the other, this is a giant CF waiting to happen, as now every single case/audit/issue can be re-raised, even if it is ridiculous, on the premise that "how can we know the IRS didn't F this up too"?

Given the current tax system, we have to have the IRS, or we'd never collect any money. The only choice left: modify the system. Perhaps the end game is: flat/fair tax is implemented?

Consider: by the end of this, we are certain to have had an object lesson in what happens when we concentrate this much power into a single agency, and what can happen as a result. Massive Centralization, and then the expectation that this new organization can manage itself properly, depends on expert leadership, and everything breaking the right way, all the time. In my experience, it's a 50/50 proposition at best.

As bad as this is, perhaps the silver lining is that Obama's ability to obstruct is destroyed, and we don't have to wait until 2017 to get reasonable tax reform = fair tax?

Better hire some more agents... lol

Politicians don't want a Flat Tax or Fair Tax, why would they want to surrender they're power to delve out favors, or manipulate markets, etc..... there are some Real Conservatives out there that would admit to 100% support of these efforts, but even most Republicans can't imagine losing that power...

Think of a world with no deductions, credits, loophoes, just 10% of income and no more, no less- no $500 CPA Bill to figure the mess out and determine which changes were made.... no way that happens

Edited by B-Large

http://www.politico....-me-163945.html

I figured this would happen. Notice how at the top, this post has been "updated" to say that this guy has had a problem for "several years" prior to the interview he initially said was most likely the cause of his IRS woes?

I'm not sure how to feel about this:

On one hand, perhaps people with legit grievances now feel safe enough to come forward?

On the other, this is a giant CF waiting to happen, as now every single case/audit/issue can be re-raised, even if it is ridiculous, on the premise that "how can we know the IRS didn't F this up too"?

Given the current tax system, we have to have the IRS, or we'd never collect any money. The only choice left: modify the system. Perhaps the end game is: flat/fair tax is implemented?

Consider: by the end of this, we are certain to have had an object lesson in what happens when we concentrate this much power into a single agency, and what can happen as a result. Massive Centralization, and then the expectation that this new organization can manage itself properly, depends on expert leadership, and everything breaking the right way, all the time. In my experience, it's a 50/50 proposition at best.

As bad as this is, perhaps the silver lining is that Obama's ability to obstruct is destroyed, and we don't have to wait until 2017 to get reasonable tax reform = fair tax?

It's their own fault. I remember a story where either the white house's or obama's official web site was literally requesting people to send in the names of people who disagree with his policies. Anyone else remember that?

Politicians don't want a Flat Tax or Fair Tax, why would they want to surrender they're power to delve out favors, or manipulate markets, etc..... there are some Real Conservatives out there that would admit to 100% support of these efforts, but even most Republicans can't imagine losing that power...

Yes you are right about the politicians and power. As I said it's way too early to make specific predictions, however, I think the public will as goofy as it is, can be directed towards demanding IRS power be reduced via a flat tax, and that the reduction in Congressional power is a side effect. Congress may not be able to stand in the way this time, depending on the force of the public's will. But, still too early to tell. This may be a 6 months from now thing. It would be one hell of an issue for Republican Senate candidates.

Think of a world with no deductions, credits, loophoes, just 10% of income and no more, no less- no $500 CPA Bill to figure the mess out and determine which changes were made.... no way that happens

What, you mean heaven? :lol:

As I said, too early, but, one hell of a Senate Campaign issue, and not too shabby as a way to either maintain or increase the House lead.

It's their own fault. I remember a story where either the white house's or obama's official web site was literally requesting people to send in the names of people who disagree with his policies. Anyone else remember that?

I remember it too. That's why there's no way I ever believed this is an isolated incident.

Think about it, if you were going to do a comprehensive campaign to discredit/intimidate/make it impossible for your opponents to raise $, you would be looking to get information from everywhere. The IRS is just one place to look.

CNN has embarrassed itself once again, by claiming this is all 1(one) employee...when right after, the WP comes out and says it was 2. :lol:

Both are lame attempts to try and insulate WH staff, and direct the public outcry at these people, before it gets so large that Obama takes the full blast.

Low information voters work 2 ways, though. The same turds that followed American Idol procedure in re-electing this clown, aren't going to care about the details. They'll just know something is wrong, and that Obama did it. The only hope is what he did: try and hold it until the media can get on the low level employees.

Hehehe...dammit! They are copying me again :lol:http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2013/05/15/mark_levin_its_time_to_kill_the_irs.html

(if you don't want to listen to it)

Yes, we're going to cover the ins and outs of this -- we're going to come into the weeds, but folks, it's time to kill the IRS. That's the bottom line. This agency has been corrupt since its founding. And the bigger the government gets, the more corrupt it gets, the more ubiquitous it gets. And I don't just mean political partisanship and cronyism, I mean its abuses. We must fight the expansion of the IRS under Obamacare. We must fight to kill the IRS or critically wound it -- politically -- with either a flat tax or a fair tax. Now is the time to advance a liberty agenda. Now is the time to advance a Constitutional agenda.