Justice Dept. Secretly Grabs AP Phone Records

In my business I'm in deep trouble if one of my reps !@#$s up. It's called failure to supervise. With the President he can get by with "I had no idea." It's been shown time and time again that the leader of the "free world" is far from any kind of leader. Man this guy sucks at his job.

It's been a long time since we had a president with a pair, willing to accept responsibility for failings. This admin is just following precedent.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One word mother!@#$er..........CHANGE.

The head of the IRS resigned. That's pretty good and never happened when we went to war in Iraq over bad intel.

As to change, who knows if Mitt would have been much different. He would certainly have been better but being the tall Lillipution isn't much.

Edited by John Adams

The head of the IRS resigned. That's pretty good and never happened when we went to war in Iraq over bad intel.

As to change, who knows if Mitt would have been much different. He would certainly have been better but being the tall Lillipution isn't much.

IIRC Brownie resigned after Katrina.

Rumsfeld eventually had to leave, but John's correct - no one was fired. However the head of the IRS, says he was leaving anyway.

"But in an email to IRS employees, Miller claimed he would only be leaving next month because his assignment would be over. 'It is with regret that I will be departing from the IRS as my acting assignment ends in early June,' Miller wrote."

You're one of the few people I didn't expect to justify stupid consequences with what you consider to be more stupid consequences. And I'm not sure how the resignation of a guy leaving in two months anyway satisfies anyone but a liberal or the casual passerby, but since he's at fault and the Cincy people admitted doing what their bosses told them to do, I look forward to his full and open testimony to congress next week about who ordered what.

In the meantime, take a close look at specifically WHAT was happening to the conservatives, tea party groups, Christian leaders and right leaning donors and then let us know again how 'pretty good' this result is.

You're one of the few people I didn't expect to justify stupid consequences with what you consider to be more stupid consequences. And I'm not sure how the resignation of a guy leaving in two months anyway satisfies anyone but a liberal or the casual passerby, but since he's at fault and the Cincy people admitted doing what their bosses told them to do, I look forward to his full and open testimony to congress next week about who ordered what.

In the meantime, take a close look at specifically WHAT was happening to the conservatives, tea party groups, Christian leaders and right leaning donors and then let us know again how 'pretty good' this result is.

You'll be happy to know that I did not read "the rest of the story" until later this morning. I did not know that he was already on his way out. So again, no one took the blame. Typical.

It's funny to me that Brown resigned after Katrina, when I still remain baffled as to how people were upset at the Katrina response, which to me seemed pretty heroic.

(1) Tell people to leave their homes before major storm.

(2) People don't leave. People don't take precautions.

(3) Giant hurricane hits and massive flooding ensues.

(4) Small number of people are left without government-provided food and shelter for 2(!) days. (Other food and shelter abounds.)

ergo,

(5) Bush's fault.

I'd rather the Bush admin stepped up for its intel failures and the Iraq war debacle.

You'll be happy to know that I did not read "the rest of the story" until later this morning. I did not know that he was already on his way out. So again, no one took the blame. Typical.

It's funny to me that Brown resigned after Katrina, when I still remain baffled as to how people were upset at the Katrina response, which to me seemed pretty heroic.

(1) Tell people to leave their homes before major storm.

(2) People don't leave. People don't take precautions.

(3) Giant hurricane hits and massive flooding ensues.

(4) Small number of people are left without government-provided food and shelter for 2(!) days. (Other food and shelter abounds.)

ergo,

(5) Bush's fault.

I'd rather the Bush admin stepped up for its intel failures and the Iraq war debacle.

Memories are rather short, I take it. In addition to Rumsfeld falling on the sword, how would you characterize departures of Woolsey, Perle, Libby, Feith, Wolfowitz?

Memories are rather short, I take it. In addition to Rumsfeld falling on the sword, how would you characterize departures of Woolsey, Perle, Libby, Feith, Wolfowitz?

Rumsfeld stuck around for quite a while after the war, and was basically forced out by senior military officials. Libby didn't resign until he was indicted over the Valerie Plame nonsense.

Rumsfeld stuck around for quite a while after the war, and was basically forced out by senior military officials. Libby didn't resign until he was indicted over the Valerie Plame nonsense.

I can argue that the only reason Libby didn't "resign" was because he needed to stick around for the investigation and trial.

Rumsfeld resigned over the Iraq failure of intelligence? Huh? Wolfiwitz's move from DoD to World Bank President was accountability?

Come on. You can do better than that. No one took any fall for Iraq. No one. And Katrina was peanuts compared to Iraq.

Edited by John Adams

Rumsfeld resigned over the Iraq failure of intelligence? Huh? Wolfiwitz's move from DoD to World Bank President was accountability?

Come on. You can do better than that. No one took any fall for Iraq. No one. And Katrina was peanuts compared to Iraq.

There was collective intelligence failure on the part of the entire global intelligence community. But, Iraq wasn't invaded solely due to "presence" of WMD, but persistent violation of UN treaties. But if you think that no senior person resigned due to intelligence failure, then George Tenet may disagree with you.

Excellent someone resigned. And your reply to change is to bring up something we have no idea about. That's all you got? That's pretty damn weak.

Excellent someone resigned. And your reply to change is to bring up something we have no idea about. That's all you got? That's pretty damn weak.

Last I checked, the only realistic alternative to Obama in 2012 was Romney. My point was one I suspect you may agree with: Romney did not seem to be an agent of change and accountability. He would have been a much better choice than Obama. that was my only point.

There was collective intelligence failure on the part of the entire global intelligence community. But, Iraq wasn't invaded solely due to "presence" of WMD, but persistent violation of UN treaties.

I realize we're in a debate here but you can't believe that's why we went to war in Iraq. It may have given cover for doing it but there was no cause and effect between Iraq violating treaties and the US invading.

But if you think that no senior person resigned due to intelligence failure, then George Tenet may disagree with you.

Do you think that one person's resignation--not that anyone in the admin ever admitted doing anything wrong RE WMDs--is adequate compensation for the Iraq war debacle?

Last I checked, the only realistic alternative to Obama in 2012 was Romney. My point was one I suspect you may agree with: Romney did not seem to be an agent of change and accountability. He would have been a much better choice than Obama. that was my only point.

I realize we're in a debate here but you can't believe that's why we went to war in Iraq. It may have given cover for doing it but there was no cause and effect between Iraq violating treaties and the US invading.

Do you think that one person's resignation--not that anyone in the admin ever admitted doing anything wrong RE WMDs--is adequate compensation for the Iraq war debacle?

Why are we talking about Bush?

Yes, when I get an answer I don't like, I also change the discussion points.

I wonder...if it's true that Iraq's WMDs were moved...some to Syria (an interesting case is being made that this is what happened, since...where did these chemical weapons in Syria come from? Israel said they didn't have any.), and the CIA presents that fact to Obama in say...1 year...if that info will ever see the light of day?

It will probably be leaked anyway.

If/When it is, and we find out beyond reasonable doubt that Iraq did have WMD, but, they moved them to Syria, I also wonder: how many people will hold themselves accountable for being wrong?