OT - Disneyworld Advice

EZC-Boston

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watermania on international drive is fun and doesn't cost allot compared to the other parks. About an hour up the road is Silver Springs in Ocala, FL. Worth visiting! Natural Florida. Also I think that the Manatees are running at that time. First check with a local, if they are - go to Crystal River, FL. It's about and hour or so NW of Orlando. They hang out near the Nuke power plant discharge. It's warm water and they love it. There fed cabbage and lettuce from park rangers, quite an experience.

I'll come up with some more stuff later

Jeff

Thanks for the help, keep it coming, anybody have more info on this breathless thing?  searched their website and see nothing...

200734[/snapback]

It's a 1930s era wooden speedboat. Just big enough for two. They take you on a cruise all over and you get to watch the fireworks at night near Epcot all by your lonesomes.

Awesome, but expensive. Think it was like $150 for the boat ride. The wife loved it.

Call Disneyworld and ask them about it.

Please tell me you've never been to the Parliament House..... :D

Is "Rachels" still in business?

200715[/snapback]

I work for the City of Orlando so I have to drive by the P-House all the time...even that's to close! Yeah, Rachels is still in business. I wouldn't waste my time with that place.

Jeff

That's gonna change. I quit smoking cigarettes for several months now. Next is the weight loss. I want to live to see my daughter's kids.

:D

200745[/snapback]

I don't want this to come off wrong, but if you're 300, losing some initial weight shouldn't be too terribly hard. The bigger one is, the easier initial weight will come off. I bet you could "fairly" easily drop 10 pounds in less than 2 weeks with a strict diet and some minimal excercise.

Good luck with that man...

I don't want this to come off wrong, but if you're 300, losing some initial weight shouldn't be too terribly hard. The bigger one is, the easier initial weight will come off. I bet you could "fairly" easily drop 10 pounds in less than 2 weeks with a strict diet and some minimal excercise.

Good luck with that man...

200749[/snapback]

I'm NOT 300. Only like 255.

But damned if it doesn't feel like 300. When I left the army, I weighed 180 pounds. That was 9 years ago. Do the math.

I work for the City of Orlando so I have to drive by the P-House all the time...even that's to close! Yeah, Rachels is still in business. I wouldn't waste my time with that place.

Jeff

200747[/snapback]

Rachels back in the early nineties was a fun place to hang out. I used to go there for the lunch buffet. I guess times have changed huh?

That's gonna change. I quit smoking cigarettes for several months now. Next is the weight loss. I want to live to see my daughter's kids.

:D

200745[/snapback]

Beerball and I are also recent quitters. Don't fret. I've put on 17 pounds in 9 weeks. It happens. Gotta tackle the smoking first.

You have Daytona (E), Treasure Island (Tampa area) (W) and Kennedy Space Center (SE) in Coco Beach all about an hour away. I sure wouldn't tie myself to Disney...in fact I wouldn't even go there, Universal is much better IMNO.

Jeff

You have Daytona (E), Treasure Island (Tampa area) (W) and Kennedy Space Center (SE) in Coco Beach all about an hour away. I sure wouldn't tie myself to Disney...in fact I wouldn't even go there, Universal is much better IMNO.

Jeff

200776[/snapback]

Spending time in Clearwater and definitely hitting Universal but have to check out Disney for a few days I think...

Spending time in Clearwater and definitely hitting Universal but have to check out Disney for a few days I think...

200823[/snapback]

Marty, I got tickets to the Datona 500... I'm not even all that into racing, but I got one for free, and I heard its fun as hell, so I'm going... have you been to a live race? I heard they are crazy.. .