OT - Disneyworld Advice

EZC-Boston

I think I'm heading there in April and it has been 15 years since I've been there. I was wondering if anybody has any advice or good links. You can tell me google, but a ton of sites come up and I thought somebody from the best Bills board on the net might be able to point me to the best Disneyworld board on the net.

I'm planning on heading down there with my GF the last week or two in April, mid week. Trying to figure out how long and what to see, where to eat, etc. etc.

TIA

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I'm heading there in April and it has been 15 years since I've been there.  I was wondering if anybody has any advice or good links.  You can tell me google, but a ton of sites come up and I thought somebody from the best Bills board on the net might be able to point me to the best Disneyworld board on the net.

I'm planning on heading down there with my GF the last week or two in April, mid week.  Trying to figure out how long and what to see, where to eat, etc. etc. 

TIA

200685[/snapback]

Marty, I have a friend who goes there nearly every weekend. I will email him your post, and let you know his reply.

Something that not a lot of people think of is to check to see if the company you work for has any sort of relationship with Disney, especially exhibit sponsorship. Many companies have "employee lounges" at sponsored exhibits which give you a chance to kick back and skip the line onto a ride.

Well, I live in St. Cloud Florida and work in Orlando. There is plenty of stuff to do. Be prepared to dish out the cash around spring break time, they realy rape the tourists then.

Jeff

200692[/snapback]

Church Street Station and Pleasure Island are fun.

Stay at the BoardWalk Inn...cool as hell and close to ESPN zone. Also eat at the Flying Fish Cafe. The wife and I liked it so much we cancelled our last night's dinner reservations to eat there again. Simply amazing.

Oh, also, try catching Cirque du Soleil and if you want somethign REALLY intimate, see if you can get a ride on Breathless -- Tara REALLY liked that.

http://www.disboards.com/index.php?

If you're inclined, get a book from Border's or Barnes and Nobles by Birnbaum. A good idea is to stay at a Disney property (they have "All Star" Sports, Music, Movies, and Pop Century for $77/night usually) because everyday you get to get into a park an hour earlier than non-Disney guests.

And if you check out Epcot, and you should, make sure you visit Ice Station Cool.

If you are very organized and like to plan things out,

The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World 2004

Is the wya to go...we followed what the books says and we had a great time, but you have to really be dedicated to follow what the books says and stay on schedule, my wife was the driving force behind the schedule, left to me we would have been stuck in long lines...

Marty,

"Eat is easy: Yachtsman Steak House in Yacht and Beach Club is awesome. Ohana in the Polynesian is all you can eat grilled stuff and quite good. Seafood in the living seas is quite cool."

"If he wants to impress her, there is an ultra-swanky restaraunt in the Grand Floridian that is about $100 a person, evening wear rquired."

He'll get back to me with more....

"I'll get a list. The wife knows the place better than I do."

Marty,

"Eat is easy: Yachtsman Steak House in Yacht and Beach Club is awesome.  Ohana in the Polynesian is all you can eat grilled stuff and quite good.  Seafood in the living seas is quite cool."

"If he wants to impress her, there is an ultra-swanky restaraunt in the Grand Floridian that is about $100 a person, evening wear rquired."

He'll get back to me with more....

200705[/snapback]

You're preaking of Victoria and Albert's. Good luck getting in there.

If you want onto breathless, you'd better make a reservation now.

Yup, and for the best steak in town go to Charlie's Steak House. It's kinda pricey, but you will never have a better steak in your life.

Jeff

200707[/snapback]

Please tell me you've never been to the Parliament House..... :D

Is "Rachels" still in business?

Only advice you need: BRING LOTS OF MONEY

200689[/snapback]

I'll say. Orlando, FL is pretty small. So it amazes me that DW and Universal Studios both have parks there. I think DW has a pretty strong nostalgia factor. Universal Studios is more for adults of the MTV generation though I think. Very fun.

My favorite DW spot was Epcot's World Pavilion.

It is expensive but you can save cost by buying passes on site for 2-3 days if you're gonna be there a while. Also you can Priceline hotels if you don't mind staying outside the Magic Kingdom. Also if you're a AAA member, they might have some deals going.

We got pregnant there so to us it will always be the Magic Kingdom ;-)

Charles