Buddy Nix Steps Down as GM

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering the entire organization was his responsibility up to this year, and there are far more things to include than just record and QB/HC...

Really, there is? Tell me this, what's the first thing that comes to your mind when you settle into your seat at the Ralph with your $10 Bud Lite and hot dog? Is it:

1) Gee, parking was a breeze today. I just love what they did with the new lot.

2) I just can't wait to see how the new Senior West Coast Scout performs today!

or

3) Hell, it's been 3 years since we've won a friggin divisional game. I hope Manuel throws for 400 yards, runs for 200, and Alonso knocks Brady's head off today.

Seriously, mediocrity has become so engrained in Bills fans that a kick ass HC, an elite QB, and winning football games has become an afterthought. As long as we hit on a draft pick every 2 years, I guess it's OK.

Edited by kas23

Credibility?

Do you question a person's credibility when they've bluffed you out of a pot during a poker game?

Do you question Bill Belichick's credibility?

Do you understand that the NFL is a high-stakes competition played out every day?

What exactly are you whining about?

This isn't Texas hold 'em. I get that subterfuge is a part of the game, but Brandon continues to say things which are hardly believable. Like Nix putting a better team on the field (record says otherwise) or Nix would be GM for a long time (16 days to be exact) and that an analytics department would be started (it hasn't been). This is a man who convinces people via a marketing department that things have changed when the front office isn't much different today than when Dick Jauron was fired.

We can quibble about truth, but it's clear Brandon is showing that he's put on his big boy pants. But in the process, he has no results to have established any credibility with, thus people are dubious and playing a wait and see game. I for one can't stand Belichick, but he's got results to back himself up with while Brandon has nothing but the Toronto series, 2 years as GM where the franchise was lost in the desert, and a shiny new title he's got from sidling up to RW for years.

Edited by BillsVet

This isn't Texas hold 'em. I get that subterfuge is a part of the game, but Brandon continues to say things which are hardly believable. Like Nix putting a better team on the field (record says otherwise) or Nix would be GM for a long time (16 days to be exact) and that the analytics department would be started (it hasn't been). This is a man who convinces people via a marketing department that things have changed when the front office isn't much different today than when Dick Jauron was fired.

We can quibble about truth, but it's clear Brandon is showing that he's put on his big boy pants. But in the process, he has no results to have established any credibility with. I for one can't stand Belichick, but he's got results to back himself up with. Brandon has nothing but the Toronto series, 2 years as GM where the franchise was lost in the desert, and a shiny new title he's got from his boss.

The Bills are big fans of telling us how they do things differently than everyone else, or disagree with the consensus opinion. The implication is that they're smarter than everyone else. And yet, they keep losing.

I prefer the term misguided. No question that this team is better talent wise than the team that Nix inherited. Anyone who takes a look at today's roster compared to when Nix took over can see that.

That must be why Vegas is forecasting a 3-13 record for the Bills this year and the Bills will most likely be picked to finish last in the AFC East, again. Buddy supporters always say things like "No question this team has better talent than when Buddy took over" and "It's obvious we have a more talented roster now than when Buddy took over" but they never actually offer any evidence to back up the statement. This team had a worse record under Buddy than it did in the Jauron years and had a historically bad defense just this past season, after Buddy heavily emphasized defense in his first three drafts. There is always hope, but right now, there's not much evidence that there is a strong nucleus of talent here just waiting to break through.

That must be why Vegas is forecasting a 3-13 record for the Bills this year and the Bills will most likely be picked to finish last in the AFC East, again. Buddy supporters always say things like "No question this team has better talent than when Buddy took over" and "It's obvious we have a more talented roster now than when Buddy took over" but they never actually offer any evidence to back up the statement. This team had a worse record under Buddy than it did in the Jauron years and had a historically bad defense just this past season, after Buddy heavily emphasized defense in his first three drafts. There is always hope, but right now, there's not much evidence that there is a strong nucleus of talent here just waiting to break through.

It's so great that the games are played in Vegas.

This message brought to you by your World Champion 2013 Toronto Blue Jays.

Not suggesting that Vegas is infallible, but its May, and Vegas has a pretty solid track record with football.

Interesting that Buddy's comments in the press release don't specifically mention Whaley. I guess they're going to announce that and give Doug his own press conference; probably sometime this week?

Yes, the Whaley announcement will happen this week after they're done doing the legal wrangling.....

Yes, the Whaley announcement will happen this week after they're done doing the legal wrangling.....

You seem pretty connected on the Whaley front. I don't know what's going on there but I always like to see your posts on it. Thanks for sharing.

With regard to Buddy's 'failures' at drafting/acquiring a bona-fide NFL QB in his tenure, IMO luck played a bigger role than most seem to acknowledge. Bad luck. He had basically 2 QB's he and the team were set to go with; Edwards & Fitz. For the most part, we all bought in. But just 2 plays in different games from different seasons destroyed these plans. The DB blitz @ Arizona (Aneas?) on Trent and London Fletcher's rib crushing sack on Fitz in Tron'O. Neither QB ever played as well as they did previous, after these vicious hits. Both, frankly, regressed terribly and the hopes of the team went down with them..

JMO. Stay healthy, Kolb, EJ & Tuel!

Am I the only one who's shocked at how big this thread has gotten?

I am absolutely not surprised as there were bound to be polarizing opinions with thw confict between an apparently stronger roster and continued poor results to date.

Btw, John Cocktosten hasnt weighed in yet so when he does, you can be assured of adding another five pages :)

Of course Vegas is not the final word, but it is an indication of how the rest of the unbiased world views the strength of the Bills' roster.

Thank God and thus ends an era of bills GM incompetence. Lets hope Whaley knows what he is doing

well, he only steped aside..... And was replaced by a guy he trained the last few years... So if you feel it was an era of incompetence, don't start holding you're breath. I think he drafted, and brought in more young talent than Modrak ever did. In fact out side of coaching and QB, I think we have the most talent in the AFC east.