Charles Woodson

Jason Peters defenately Didnt cause any problems. Why should we worry? Amiright?

Peters was in a different situation.

Also, "On September 5, 2008, Jason Peters ended his holdout and returned to the Buffalo Bills. Peters was fined over $560,000 for missing all of training camp, but if he had missed a regular season game, he would have been fined $191,000 for each game he missed."

Peters was in a different situation.

Also, "On September 5, 2008, Jason Peters ended his holdout and returned to the Buffalo Bills. Peters was fined over $560,000 for missing all of training camp, but if he had missed a regular season game, he would have been fined $191,000 for each game he missed."

ultimately, Peters was traded after years of unhappiness about his contract.

Byrd and Peters have the same agent. Both are pro bowl quality players. Both will end up getting contracts that paid them like one of the top 3 at their position in the whole league. Both play for the Bills who will mostly likely (just like Peters situation) will not be willing to pay them top 3 money at their position on the whole league.

Edited by mrags

that right there is what scares me even more. Since the market might be "softer" then we only get a 2nd rounder out of the deal.

We have to remember, this isn't about what other teams are willing to give up for an all pro safety. This is about what the Bills are willing to sign him for. And personally I don't think they are willing to make Jairus one of the top 3 highest safeties in the league. Which means Jairus won't be willing to sign here or his franchise tag. Which means a holdout (just like his agents other problem child Peters) which means the Bills hand will be forced to deal him. And if the market isn't there for a stud FS, then we won't get as much as we should.

Here's a thought.

The Bills used the non-exclusive tag on Byrd which suggests that they're encouraging him to find his true market value.

I would not be surprised if at some point the Bills gave Eugene Parker permission to seek a trade and negotiate with other NFL teams. This would accomplish two things:

1) Establish what teams are willing to trade for Byrd and

2) Establish what teams are willing to pay Byrd.

Once these things are established this impasse will be broken pretty quickly.

There's no reason for the Bills to negotiate in a vacuum.

Let the market speak for itself.

ultimately, Peters was traded after years of unhappiness about his contract.

Byrd and Peters have the same agent. Both are pro bowl quality players. Both will end up getting contracts that paid them like one of the top 3 at their position in the whole league. Both play for the Bills who will mostly likely (just like Peters situation) will not be willing to pay them top 3 money at their position on the whole league.

...and we hit both with the franchise tag! Right?

Okay I'm currently done arguing about this I have no factual evidence to show that Byrd will hold out or will be traded. However it is my opinion that Byrd has played his last game as a Buffalo Bill. Ill just leave it at that.

Edit: I'd also like to add that I hope I'm wrong. I want Byrd to be here for a long time.

Edited by mrags

Duly noted. We can revisit this in a few weeks, as Byrd probably won't be showing up for OTAs (rightfully so) and eventually the News will run a column pointing this fact out, which should send a large portion of the fanbase into meltdown mode.

If it didn't hinder our chances with Byrd, I'd love it. Woodson has been on teams that win, I think he'd add a lot of insight.

Who cares about insight? Tired of hearing that and also mentoring. He's desperate for a job so of course he says he'll go to a rebuilding team. He'll sign with anyone that offers him a contract. He's also been on teams that lost.

Edited by nucci

Okay I'm currently done arguing about this I have no factual evidence to show that Byrd will hold out or will be traded. However it is my opinion that Byrd has played his last game as a Buffalo Bill. Ill just leave it at that.

Edit: I'd also like to add that I hope I'm wrong. I want Byrd to be here for a long time.

If he is traded, obviously but if not no way he passes up $7M in salary and sits out the year. That would be incredibly stupid.

If he is traded, obviously but if not no way he passes up $7M in salary and sits out the year. That would be incredibly stupid.

I'll say it again. It is my opinion that he will not play another down as a Buffalo Bill. He will end up threatening to sit out if he does not get his contract and he will be traded because we will not sit on a All-Pro safety That is refusing to play or sign. It's a tactic that will be used by his agent and we will end up with another early draft pick next year. Again this is just my opinion.