Fall from grace - worst movie sequels

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't go around telling too many people you feel that way. You are aware that Raiders of the Lost Ark is fairly high on the American Film Institute's greatest films of all time? I like Temple of Doom, but you need to re-watch Raiders of the Lost Ark my friend.

I like Raiders for sure, but for some reason Temple (and even Last Crusade) resonate more with me. The story line, love interest, and side kick in Temple are more interesting, IMO. But maybe I will re-watch Raiders to see if I am undervaluing it.

Jaws 2!

Weekend at Bernies 2. Then again Weekend at Bernies sucked too.

Some off the top of my noggin....

Dumb and Dumberer

Jaws 2

Teen Wolf 2

Blues Brothers 2000 (are you friggin kidding me?)

Caddyshack 2

Why the hate for "Jaws 2"? Yes it is nowhere near the greatness of the original film, but it is a decent sequel.

Jurassic Park 2 - It wasn't bad but compared to how great the original was it was a huge disappointment. I actually kind of liked #3 though.

I really like "Jurassic Park", but I do not consider it a great movie.

"The Lost World: Jurassic Park" does have it's moments, but I agree that it is disappointing.

"Jurassic Park III" is just a damn good fun time.

What do people think of the two Harrison Ford Jack Ryan movies? I always like them, but I wonder if people would want to include them on a failed sequel list or not. Either way, the Ben Affleck one would definitely go on my list.

I thought "Hannibal" was quite good.

That's fair...and, in retrospect, my comment is likely more positive of the first movie than negative about the second. Hannibal certainly was no Caddyshack 2.

Ultimately though, at least for me, Silence of the Lambs is an absolute must see movie... and I've enjoyed re-watching it over the course of time. With Hannibal, I thought it was worth the ticket, but I wouldn't be upset if I only saw it once. Not a bad flick...just not the masterpiece the first was. Just my 2 pennies.

That's fair...and, in retrospect, my comment is likely more positive of the first movie than negative about the second. Hannibal certainly was no Caddyshack 2.

Ultimately though, at least for me, Silence of the Lambs is an absolute must see movie... and I've enjoyed re-watching it over the course of time. With Hannibal, I thought it was worth the ticket, but I wouldn't be upset if I only saw it once. Not a bad flick...just not the masterpiece the first was. Just my 2 pennies.

That I agree with. There was no way that "Hannibal" would top "Silence".

Still, "Hannibal" was a good movie.