Miami Dolphins renaming stadium

Like A Mofo

Fi$h

Associated Press

1/10/2005

MIAMI (AP) - The Dolphins have a new coach, and now they have a new name for their stadium

It will be known as Dolphins Stadium, and there are plans to expand the facility and possibly add a roof, owner Wayne Huizenga said Monday.

The name change takes place nearly five years after Huizenga unsuccessfully began seeking a new naming-rights sponsor for the ballpark. Pro Player signed a 10-year, $20 million US deal with the Dolphins in 1996, but the sports apparel company was bought out five years ago.

A new management company - Dolphins Enterprises LLC - is being created to run the stadium and the Dolphins. A CEO for that company will be named shortly, Huizenga said

The CEO will report directly to Huizenga, as will new coach Nick Saban.

Why would you put a roof on a stadium in Florida!

200655[/snapback]

I work about 20 minutes north of the stadium. In the summer, the darkest storm clouds you've ever seen roll in here between 3 and 4 o'clock in the afternoon. This tends to keep folks away, even though it only rains for about 20 minutes. A roof would mitigate some of that for baseball. Then again, Wayne is kicking the Marlins out in a few years anyway. They're looking to build a new retractable roof stadium, but finding the $$$ and location is the subject of quite a few debates. I favor a bond issue and a Ft. Lauderdale location, but nobody is listening to me.

Big mistake if they add a roof IMO,

that heat & humidity is a great home-field advantage.

200645[/snapback]

I agree 110%. If you have never had the pleasure of being drunk off your a** and baking in the sun all day in that stadium, your realy missing out!

Jeff

They should be more resourceful and call it "The Fish Tank."

That way, not only is it the name of the stadium, but it also answers the oft-asked question: "What happens every December?"

200762[/snapback]

:lol::D Instant classic! :lol:

Big mistake if they add a roof IMO,

that heat & humidity is a great home-field advantage.

200645[/snapback]

That was the first thing I thought of as well. It just goes to show what a bunch of pussies they are!!!! Hey Miami :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

Fi$h

Gee,I would've thought that they named it 'Moon Crater Face Stadium' after Huizenga..... :D

200944[/snapback]

BB, if that was the case, the stadium instead would have been named for the Original Moon Crater Face: Oiv Weinstein! Then the toughs, thugs, and pistol-packing punks would feel right at home.