RIP Ray Harryhausen

dib

So I guess I can go back to eating my lunch??

Ok just looked him up. He did the stop motion for The 7th Voyage of Sinbad among others. Movie freaked me out and gave me nightmares when I was a kid and that is all due to Harryhausen's work. :thumbsup:

Edited by Chef Jim

I used to have a hardcover book on him and all his movies. It went into detail on how he did his animations. So labor intensive I can't imagine the hours that guy must have put in to make a movie. From "20,000,000 Miles To Earth" to "Golden Voyage of Sinbad" they all were awesome. Golden Voyage was the first one I actually saw in a theater.

A very sad day indeed.

There were many films where his stop motion effects were just fantastic. "The Golden Voyage of Sinbad", "The 7th Voyage of Sinbad", "Clash of the Titans" & "Jason and the Argonauts" are probably the most celebrated of his work.

Personally my favorite of his creations was the Rhedosaurus from "The Beast From 20,000 Fathoms". The first of the atomic age monster movies. I will never forget watching that creature go on a rampage through New York City, a fantastic achievement made in 1953.

He was a student of Willis O'Brien, the man who brought us the great effects of the original "King Kong".

RIP Mr. Harryhausen, your creations and the legacy you left on special visual effects will long be remembered.