[closed]Speed....you can't teach speed.

Not sure what the Bills record will be this year but I do know they will be faster...

At QB, at WR...at LB.... those three positions at least....

I remember watching the Bills first Super Bowl loss to the Cowboys....I knew the Cowboys

had a lot of young talent and were becoming a potential force...but what I really remember

was how FAST they were...They made the Bills look like Statues (except of course-Don Beebe

who showed true Buffalo heart on his run down of Leon Lett)

Here's hoping the Bills surprise a lot of teams this year with their Speed.

Scary how much this reminds me of Al Davis

If this were Al Davis, we would have drafted multiple fast RBs and not fast WRs.

And, yes, I'm well aware of Tim Brown. So, if this were the raiders, after drafting 2 RBs in the 2nd, Marquisse Goodwin would still be the 3rd round pick, as he was the fastest WR on the board at the time. :lol:

Not sure what the Bills record will be this year but I do know they will be faster...

At QB, at WR...at LB.... those three positions at least....

I remember watching the Bills first Super Bowl loss to the Cowboys....I knew the Cowboys

had a lot of young talent and were becoming a potential force...but what I really remember

was how FAST they were...They made the Bills look like Statues (except of course-Don Beebe

who showed true Buffalo heart on his run down of Leon Lett)

Here's hoping the Bills surprise a lot of teams this year with their Speed.

Are you really referencing a Super Bowl from 20 years ago?

I agree. Speed is a great asset and you have it or you don't. I would caution however 40 time doesn't translate 1 to 1 on the field because players are in pads, on different turf, getting hit, etc. But guys who have it on the field can present a dilemma for defender PROVIDED they have the other requisite skills. In man, a DB either has to play close to the line and try and to get physical, and if he misses get beat deep. Or give a cushion and play off and concede the underneath stuff.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

If the bills want to run some west coast and some read option the team speed plays a very important role. Not only because of the speed on the edge or the ability to take a slant the distance but because it will keep the safeties out of the box. The Bills could not get the ball over the top last year and were forced to play against a stacked box pretty often. That should change this year which will open up room to operate the running game and controlled passing game.

[This is an automated response]

This subject matter is being currently being discussed or has already been discussed in a previous thread.

Please consider using the "search" function before starting new topics.

Thank you.