Schiano / Belichick

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2013/05/buccaneers_schi_1.html

I have a tough time believing the Bucs and Pats* staffs are going to only discuss "technique" when they meet. Knowing Belichick's need for "competitive advantage", I wonder how much information he will be soliciting on how Rutgers approached the Syracuse offense when Schiano and Marrone coached against each other.

I'm generally not a conspiracy theorist, but anything Belichick does deserves extra scrutiny, IMO.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2013/05/buccaneers_schi_1.html

I have a tough time believing the Bucs and Pats* staffs are going to only discuss "technique" when they meet. Knowing Belichick's need for "competitive advantage", I wonder how much information he will be soliciting on how Rutgers approached the Syracuse offense when Schiano and Marrone coached against each other.

I'm generally not a conspiracy theorist, but anything Belichick does deserves extra scrutiny, IMO.

The guys are friends. I'm not sure what conspiracy you expect to hear about here. They talk outside of this and it would be no shock if they chatted about opponents or fellow coaches

The guys are friends. I'm not sure what conspiracy you expect to hear about here. They talk outside of this and it would be no shock if they chatted about opponents or fellow coaches

Lots of coaches are friends in the league, but that doesn't mean they travel as a staff to each other's facility.....

Lots of coaches are friends in the league, but that doesn't mean they travel as a staff to each other's facility.....

So you're saying Belichick knew last year that Marrone would be the coach of the Bills this year? If he did, I don't think he needs any information from Schiano.

that is gonna be old information...heck during part of that time period SU used a duke basketball player as the QB...

http://www.boston.co...ers_schi_1.html

I'm sure Belichick is so full of himself that he thinks he doesn't need anybody else's help.

Nor does he probably care about us at this point.

Belichik cared about us when THE CHANIMAL milked the clock and set up Lindell's chip shot for the win. Old Billy was livid that day as those seconds ticked down. Watching Belichik have a meltdown knowing that THE CHANIMAL just got one over on him brought great joy to YE OLE's heart that day. Those were the days, gents... short lived as they were.

Edited by Cotton Fitzsimmons

right, but that doesnt mean that hes shipping in tampas staff to get the info on the bills like you implied.

its an odd trip, but not unheard of. in the offseason coaches talk to other coaches, players work out with other players. i remember recently the saints fans around me were not too happy with drew brees working out with and mentoring other qbs around the league (including the NFC south) during the offseason. the saints go up and scrimmage with the pats regularly in preseason and i bet coaching staffs trade notes there too. not to mention the well known relationship BB has with urban meyer including trips to florida to learn more about the spread (though thats obviously different with a college guy, but one that couldve easily gone to the nfl at some point)

if you want to call the trip weird - go for it - the way its being framed is embarrassing for the tampa staff. if you want to imply its BB using it to hide some sort of scouting of doug marrone... well... that sounds just silly. like i said, odds are they talk anyway, and no trip would be needed. I still dont understand what scrutiny this deserves, based on your OP comment.

Edited by NoSaint

All he did is show what a good coach he is in preparation. I'm not crazy about him either, but it does tell you what the best do. They leave nothing unturned. If he can offer something to Schiano, which I'm sure he will, then he can get maybe some tidbits on Marrone.

I think it's funny as Marrone is going to change things up for game 1 just because of this fact. Belicheat is always concerned as he has no tape on this guy back to the Saints. I love it. Means he is actually thinking about us vs. penciling in a W. I lvoe we are playing them in game 1 as he has no idea really even with meeting with Schiano what we will do, and Marrone has already proved to be as closed mouth as Belicheck. Week 1 will be fun guys. We always play these guys tough.

Now let's kick their A** in week 1! That would be a great start to the Marrone era with a 4 sack game for Super Mario.

I'm sure Belichick is so full of himself that he thinks he doesn't need anybody else's help.

Nor does he probably care about us at this point.

I am sure Bellicheat thinks this staff won't be any different than the last 4 or 5 staffs that have tried and flailed. And he is probably right.

This is rather strange. If they're so buddy buddy, why don't they just meet at a bar and have a few together? Why is this even being reported?

Since they're playing each other this season, Bellicheat could be scheming to drop some misinformation or flat out try to gain the upper hand.

Edited by kas23

The only thing I find strange here is that people would actually think this has anything to do with Belichick being worried about the Bills and their new coach. :lol:

How many Bills coaching changes has Belichick been through already? Have they ever done anything differently than what they normally do?

Also, considering DAVE WANNSTEDT is Special Teams Coordinator and only ONE coach on the entire staff was a carry-over from Rutgers (Linebackers Coach Robb Smith who just joined the team this offseason), I doubt the Pats are going to gain any info on Marrone.

Edit: Looks like most of Sciano's staff have NFL experience, and with teams like Dallas and the Giants. I would bet money that this trip is mostly about stuff like organization, attitude, etc. Not specifics like how to call plays or what other teams are doing.

Edited by DrDareustein

The only thing I find strange here is that people would actually think this has anything to do with Belichick being worried about the Bills and their new coach. :lol:

How many Bills coaching changes has Belichick been through already? Have they ever done anything differently than what they normally do?

Also, considering DAVE WANNSTEDT is Special Teams Coordinator and only ONE coach on the entire staff was a carry-over from Rutgers (Linebackers Coach Robb Smith who just joined the team this offseason), I doubt the Pats are going to gain any info on Marrone.

Edit: Looks like most of Sciano's staff have NFL experience, and with teams like Dallas and the Giants. I would bet money that this trip is mostly about stuff like organization, attitude, etc. Not specifics like how to call plays or what other teams are doing.

Even if he announced an anti-marrone pow wow and invited every coach in the big east.... I'm not sure what the OP would be implying should be done or what the problem would be.

Not implying anything should be done. I simply find it odd and am theorizing as to why it may be happening. There's nothing definitive in my OP, just an observation and a theory to be discussed.