Mario Williams: no love for

I just wouldn't make any quick judgements based on the posturing of lawyers, at this point. Is she a gold digger, who knows? But she did meet him after he signed an NFL contract, which again at the time was fairly large. Also, if he had spent less money on the ring, say $10,000 and he asked for it back would she still decline him?

To be fair, while I suspect that the money is big, these two likely love having excuses to fight with each other. Again, breaking up upwards of possibly 10 times and getting back together 9 times inside a short stretch like they did is typically a sign that they'd get into major fights over nothing just to be dramatic. So for 10k I doubt it hits legal filings but I don't doubt they'd be trading heated texts and calls about who gets it.

Edited by NoSaint

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair, while I suspect that the money is big, these two likely love having excuses to fight with each other. Again, breaking up upwards of possibly 10 times and getting back together 9 times inside a short stretch like they did is typically a sign that they'd get into major fights over nothing just to be dramatic. So for 10k I doubt it hits legal filings but I don't doubt they'd be trading heated texts and calls about who gets it.

I definitely agree with that. And because they were so make up/break up, I don't really think we as observers will ever know who did what in this relationship and should be making decisions about either party involved based on texts, put out purposely, while these two fight it out.

They were going together for six years, so this certainly wasn't a calculated relatiionship on her part. At least not the type of hit and run with the spoils type situation. Mario didn't want to get married. He preferred his status as being involved with her and still being a free agent. That is how she characterized the situation. She wanted out of that type of duplicitous relationship. There is nothing wrong with that.

You don't have to have a hit and run relationship to be a gold digger. Women see the fame and fortune and want to be with a guy to live the good life, and if that means sticking it out for years to get the rock and then half, so be it. Apparently she decided she had had enough, after realizing what being a professional athlete's girlffriend/wife entails. Thankfully there were no children involved.

Well, yes. I thing that's pretty obvious. Or are you now saying he never means what he says. That's an interesting defense, maybe he will have another press conference and make that claim. Couldn't hurt at this point..

So now it's "regardless what the law says"? OK!

Anyway, the law in Texas says it is an engagement ring is a conditional gift. However, that legal caveat was rendered meaningless with Mario now on record to just keep it (multiple texts) as a momento. Oh, but that, for reasons you can't explain, is a "worthless text">

Look, Mario labeled her a gold digger and she is doing what anyone would do--defending herself with his own words. You would do the same and you are lying if you say otherwise.

Well, I would have given the ring back after breaking-off the engagement. And surely would have given it back after being threatened with legal action.

As for his texts, yes I think he was being (as you said) dramatic. Either you take all the texts as gospel or you don't. And since she did nothing after his hints at suicide...

You don't have to have a hit and run relationship to be a gold digger. Women see the fame and fortune and want to be with a guy to live the good life, and if that means sticking it out for years to get the rock and then half, so be it. Apparently she decided she had had enough, after realizing what being a professional athlete's girlffriend/wife entails. Thankfully there were no children involved.

Well, I would have given the ring back after breaking-off the engagement. And surely would have given it back after being threatened with legal action.

As for his texts, yes I think he was being (as you said) dramatic. Either you take all the texts as gospel or you don't. And since she did nothing after his hints at suicide...

while i generally agree, id say theres no reason to get tooooo in depth on any of them without context being added. you will at some point certainly be able to blow some off and take others seriously but to date we havent seen enough to know whats what.... im currently on the side of erring towards "people say stupid things when fighting to get a reaction out of the other party" but that doesnt absolve them from responsibility for those stupid things like telling her to keep it - even if he didnt mean it. we will see what comes out, as theres certainly a lot being withheld still.

Edited by NoSaint

while i generally agree, id say theres no reason to get tooooo in depth on any of them without context being added. you will at some point certainly be able to blow some off and take others seriously but to date we havent seen enough to know whats what.... im currently on the side of erring towards "people say stupid things when fighting to get a reaction out of the other party" but that doesnt absolve them from responsibility for those stupid things like telling her to keep it - even if he didnt mean it. we will see what comes out, as theres certainly a lot being withheld still.

Even if he meant for her to keep it at the time, he obviously changed his mind. This isn't a contract that both parties have signed; it's merely a text he sent.

I definitely agree with that. And because they were so make up/break up, I don't really think we as observers will ever know who did what in this relationship and should be making decisions about either party involved based on texts, put out purposely, while these two fight it out.

odds are they dont even know what the heck happened to the last year or two with fights if they were as constant as they sound.... it happens to good people too, as they get wrapped up and dont have the tools to deal with a relationship in a healthy way. i dont know anything about either ones background but i bet its not totally out of left field that they struggled with all this. its silly to point fingers, as it takes both sides to go back and forth so much.... just another ugly breakup, most people have had them, but this time someone famous and with more commas in the money at stake.

Even if he meant for her to keep it at the time, he obviously changed his mind. This isn't a contract that both parties have signed; it's merely a text he sent.

right, but it certainly doesnt help his case to have put it in writing.

even if its "just a text" its something that can very much bite him. if you plan on saying something dumb that you may later want to deny... dont do it in writing.

right, but it certainly doesnt help his case to have put it in writing.

even if its "just a text" its something that can very much bite him. if you plan on saying something dumb that you may later want to deny... dont do it in writing.

Yep. Or post pics on the internet.

Look, Mario labeled her a gold digger and she is doing what anyone would do--defending herself with his own words. You would do the same and you are lying if you say otherwise.

Don't you think, if she really wanted to defend herself against being labeled a "gold digger", the easiest way to do that would be just to give the ring back? I know she doesn't have to because it's a gift and why should she have to, etc. but if she feels the need to defend herself against being labeled something, what easier proof to do that then to just give it back. Shuts up both parties. Story is over.

First, it's in dispute as to who broke off the engagemnent.

Second, if you are conceding that the ring is a gift, he has no legal recourse. You can't "change your mind" and expect someone to give back a gift. It doesn't work that way. I'm pretty sure you know this...

And saying that we have to beleive all of the texts or none is silly. I know you don't think he was serious with his lame mention of suicide--why do you keep mentioning it. Doesn't mean he was serious when he (repeatedly) texted her to keep the ring--which is a verbal contract.

Don't you think, if she really wanted to defend herself against being labeled a "gold digger", the easiest way to do that would be just to give the ring back? I know she doesn't have to because it's a gift and why should she have to, etc. but if she feels the need to defend herself against being labeled something, what easier proof to do that then to just give it back. Shuts up both parties. Story is over.

I see your point. But she wants to keep the ring. He told her to keep it and maybe she feels she deserves it for putting up with his drama for 6 years.

If he bought her a $750,000 car as an engaement gift and they broke up and he texted her "keep it" several times, we wouldn't be saying hey--she has to give back the car? There is another way she can defend herself and she is availing herself of that form or defense.

First, it's in dispute as to who broke off the engagemnent.

Second, if you are conceding that the ring is a gift, he has no legal recourse. You can't "change your mind" and expect someone to give back a gift. It doesn't work that way. I'm pretty sure you know this...

And saying that we have to beleive all of the texts or none is silly. I know you don't think he was serious with his lame mention of suicide--why do you keep mentioning it. Doesn't mean he was serious when he (repeatedly) texted her to keep the ring--which is a verbal contract.

There isn't much of a dispute over who broke off the engagement. And I didn't say the ring was a gift. It was an engagement ring which carries with it certain expectations...like actually getting married, depending on the state. Finally what does she owe him for all of her drama over the past 6 years (and remember, she's been living-it-up during that time on his dime)?

Not all professionally athletes are scoundrels. Whether a person is wealthy or poor (male or female) no one is obligated to put up with such cheating behavior. I'm not sure who made the final break. I think she did. But the best thing she did for herself is get away from this self-absorbed character. Conversely, the best thing that happened to him in this dysfunctional relationship is that it ended.

His legal response would make her more motivated to kick his two-timing arse even harder. You know which side I'm on. Go get him girl!!!! LOL

Not all professionally athletes are scoundrels. Whether a person is wealthy or poor (male or female) no one is obligated to put up with such cheating behavior. I'm not sure who made the final break. I think she did. But the best thing she did for herself is get away from this self-absorbed character. Conversely, the best thing that happened to him in this dysfunctional relationship is that it ended.

His legal response would make her more motivated to kick his two-timing arse even harder. You know which side I'm on. Go get him girl!!!! LOL

Anyone who gets involved with someone rich and famous needs his/her head examined. And deserves what they get.

Anyone who gets involved with someone rich and famous needs his/her head examined. And deserves what they get.

She is going to get what she deserves: An expensive ring!

You are too caught up with the status of the participants. The issue is about the law and behavior. In my view MW's attitude of entitlement is no match when up against the law. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

so your saying you are entering this discussion likewise fair and balanced haha

Nope, not fair and balanced at all when it comes to pro athletes and women. They each have their own idiotsyncracies (sic). But I go on a case-by-case basis.

She is going to get what she deserves: An expensive ring!

You are too caught up with the status of the participants. The issue is about the law and behavior. In my view MW's attitude of entitlement is no match when up against the law. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

If she broke of the engagement, like most think, she gets zip, zero, zilch, nada. Except for a huge lawyer bill.

There isn't much of a dispute over who broke off the engagement. And I didn't say the ring was a gift. It was an engagement ring which carries with it certain expectations...like actually getting married, depending on the state. Finally what does she owe him for all of her drama over the past 6 years (and remember, she's been living-it-up during that time on his dime)?

You said "even if he meant for her to keep it at the time"....meaning it was a gift. And he conceded as much when he later told her to keep it. Once he tells her to keep it outside of engagement, it's a gift. She doesn't have to give it back at that point in any state.

Also, the woman, in her response to Mario's suit, says Mario broke off the engagement "at least 5 times". In fact, her lawyer claims " Williams told Marzouki on several occasions that she could keep the engagement ring, most recently after he broke off the engagement for the final time". So I'm not sure why you are claiming it's not in dispute. It seems you haven't read any of her lawyer's counter claims. You probably should.

It's interesting that, while Mario puts in the $108,000 Amex charges in his suit to paint her as a gold digger (her lawyer says he can prove most of those expenses went to Mario's household expenses), he's not suing her to recover that money.

As her lawyer stated weeks ago, Mario "is a victim of his emotions and of bad legal advice". Witness the silence from Mario's lawyer since this guy Buzbee started swinging back.

And your claim that all spouses of the rich and famous (that would be every major sports figure) should have their head examined is just kooky.

Edited by Mr. WEO

You said "even if he meant for her to keep it at the time"....meaning it was a gift. And he conceded as much when he later told her to keep it. Once he tells her to keep it outside of engagement, it's a gift. She doesn't have to give it back at that point in any state.

Also, the woman, in her response to Mario's suit, says Mario broke off the engagement "at least 5 times". In fact, her lawyer claims " Williams told Marzouki on several occasions that she could keep the engagement ring, most recently after he broke off the engagement for the final time". So I'm not sure why you are claiming it's not in dispute. It seems you haven't read any of her lawyer's counter claims. You probably should.

It's interesting that, while Mario puts in the $108,000 Amex charges in his suit to paint her as a gold digger (her lawyer says he can prove most of those expenses went to Mario's household expenses), he's not suing her to recover that money.

As her lawyer stated weeks ago, Mario "is a victim of his emotions and of bad legal advice". Witness the silence from Mario's lawyer since this guy Buzbee started swinging back.

Wait, she claims he broke it off? What a shocker! You should learn not to believe everything you read, doc. And if this were such an open and shut case, it would have been settled ONLY in court, not in public. Looks like a classic case of having a weak case and trying to embarrass the other party into settling by airing dirty laundry. Just because Mario and his lawyer didn't stoop to, say, playing a sex tape with her in it, doesn't mean he doesn't have a case. Oh and she likely doesn't have that $108K on her, but does have the ring, hence the reason he's looking for just that back.

And your claim that all spouses of the rich and famous (that would be every major sports figure) should have their head examined is just kooky.

Whatever. As I said, if you get involved with a rich/famous/powerful person, you get what you deserve. I suppose half the money makes it all worth it in some way, and Mario's lucky he dodged that bullet.

Wait, she claims he broke it off? What a shocker! You should learn not to believe everything you read, doc. And if this were such an open and shut case, it would have been settled ONLY in court, not in public. Looks like a classic case of having a weak case and trying to embarrass the other party into settling by airing dirty laundry. Just because Mario and his lawyer didn't stoop to, say, playing a sex tape with her in it, doesn't mean he doesn't have a case. Oh and she likely doesn't have that $108K on her, but does have the ring, hence the reason he's looking for just that back.

Whatever. As I said, if you get involved with a rich/famous/powerful person, you get what you deserve. I suppose half the money makes it all worth it in some way, and Mario's lucky he dodged that bullet.

You had just claimed in your previous post that who broke off the engagement was not in dispute, so I'm assuming you were actually shocked to learn that was not the case.

What you, for reasons I can only guess at, are ignoring is that she has essentially a transcript of their relationship and everything they discussed via text over a long period of time. And she has the weak case? How so? What does he have to refute this.

This will be settled only in court. In fact, it's in the process. But since he stumbled into maligning her in public, she has chosen to repsond in public not only to defend herself (in public), but to convince him that he can't win this suit, based on the evidence she will introduce in court.

Sex tape?? Did you just make that up? That corner you always paint yourself into is getting smaller and smaller. Resist the hero worship.

You had just claimed in your previous post that who broke off the engagement was not in dispute, so I'm assuming you were actually shocked to learn that was not the case.

What you, for reasons I can only guess at, are ignoring is that she has essentially a transcript of their relationship and everything they discussed via text over a long period of time. And she has the weak case? How so? What does he have to refute this.

This will be settled only in court. In fact, it's in the process. But since he stumbled into maligning her in public, she has chosen to repsond in public not only to defend herself (in public), but to convince him that he can't win this suit, based on the evidence she will introduce in court.

Sex tape?? Did you just make that up? That corner you always paint yourself into is getting smaller and smaller. Resist the hero worship.

Yes, I was truly shocked to learn that she claimed he broke off the engagement. Shocked, I tell you!

And since he called her a gold digger, that forced her to produce texts talking about suicide? Not sure how that does anything for her case, except to undermine the veracity of his previous texts, or portray her as a callous gold digger since she did nothing about it.

The sex tape was a made up example of airing worthless dirty laundry. I'll make sure not to confuse you next time.

Lastly, I don't care if he loses the ring. He can afford to lose it. I also couldn't care less about the alleged suicide talk because, as you said, it was a ruse. While a pro football player taking narcotics is about as much a shocker as his ex claiming he broke off the engagement. To tell you the truth, I didn't care much about the case until I heard your "moral compass" hypocrisy, in light of your hard-on for Bills players. If this were Brady, you'd be siding with him. At least Mario didn't knock her up and leave her.

Yes, I was truly shocked to learn that she claimed he broke off the engagement. Shocked, I tell you!

And since he called her a gold digger, that forced her to produce texts talking about suicide? Not sure how that does anything for her case, except to undermine the veracity of his previous texts, or portray her as a callous gold digger since she did nothing about it.

The sex tape was a made up example of airing worthless dirty laundry. I'll make sure not to confuse you next time.

Lastly, I don't care if he loses the ring. He can afford to lose it. I also couldn't care less about the alleged suicide talk because, as you said, it was a ruse. While a pro football player taking narcotics is about as much a shocker as his ex claiming he broke off the engagement. To tell you the truth, I didn't care much about the case until I heard your "moral compass" hypocrisy, in light of your hard-on for Bills players. If this were Brady, you'd be siding with him. At least Mario didn't knock her up and leave her.

Look, you said who ended the engagement wasn't in dispute, when that is so obviously untrue. Try looking into it next time.

He called her a gold digger and she responded by releasing his own words to her inwhich he tells her to keep the ring. She also released his sad dramatic "don't make me mention suicide!" texts, but I bet she wanted to embarrass him like he did her.

As for who has "a hard on for Bills players", you have long exhibited incurable priapism for Bills players who do stupid or criminal things (or both). I don't condone Brady's handling of his relationship with the mother of his first child (although there was no rancor between the two or lawsuits to "side with") so you are wrong yet again.