Robert Kraft would welcome a gay player on the New England Patriots

New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft is one of the most influential figures in the National Football League and has congratulated Jason Collins for becoming the first male athlete in one of the four major sports leagues to reveal that he is gay.

Kraft added that he would support a gay player on the Patriots.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/robert-kraft-welcome-gay-player-england-patriots-031749949.html

Civil rights law in the state of Massachusetts has long prohibited discrimination based on sexual orientation in the work place. I think it's great that Kraft is being proactive on this issue but by stating that he wouldn't discriminate against a gay player, he is doing nothing more than stating that he is willing to obey the laws of the state of Massachusetts. A similar law, SONDA, is in place in New York State having been enacted, I believe, in 2003.

Kraft wants a winner. I have no trouble imagining him not caring if his players prefer men or women so long as they help the team win.

People HAVE TO click on this link.

Too freaking hilarious and no, bashing Marcia NEVER gets old.

Thanks, I wasn't going to look but now you have ruined boobs for me forever! ;)

Thanks, I wasn't going to look but now you have ruined boobs for me forever! ;)

It's a good morning laugh and so hopefully that balances things a bit.

Not a bad job but there would have been a lot less "package enhancement" if it were me doing the photoshopping.

Like none at all.

Robert Kraft is a compulsive liar.

Capri Sun alone ought to tell people that. Then he takes the money he made cheating people out of drinks and buys a football team and cheats some more.

On this topic I would like to credit him a little. I think it is unfair that people equate men that seem feminine with gay people. Yes, some feminine guys are gay but there are plenty of manly gay guys. There are also feminine guys that are straight. Breaking down these stereotypes is tough. Step two would be having a manly gay guy on the Pats. Step one has already been taken by dumping the feminine but straight Welker.

He already has one at Qb.....

My only surprise was it wasn't in the original post.

In Itself it's not a very bold statement as pointed out... I'd hope every GM would be happy to go on record that sexual orientation is not relevant to to personnel decisions as it shouldn't be.

What I think is this is krafts thinly vieled way of telling Brady, "it's ok Tom we all know, it's ok to admit it now", "we know a whiney,goofy guy like you could never land Gisselle in real life, you're her shopping buddy."