Bills Look Promising

Owen

Yeah the kool aid is flowing so I'll spike the punch a little more..........

We have a young new innovative NFL head coach and OC

We had our pick of any college QB in the nation and we got the guy we wanted

We have a new Defensive Coordinator who is proven in this league

We have CJ Spiller and they don't

Our #2 receiver Robert Woods is going to be an NFL force

Dareus is going to come back with a vengeance this year

Solid special teams, faster defense, younger and stronger overall.

Plus our rookies can party like nobody else....... Luckily they'll have Stevie Johnson to show them how to mature and take life seriously.

If you don't think our team is going to be fun, you're nuts.

And this GM and scouting department instills confidence in that because...

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have hope that this new coaching staffing will get the most out of the talent assembled. There are still holes (OG, ILB and CB) on the team. Nix saying they are not done which means going through the post draft cast offs. If the team that was so disfunctional last seasson could win 6 games, I expect this one will at least match that record. Need one more solid draft and the Bills will be on solid footing.

I like the feel of this years team. I get the feeling the players are hungry and more talented. The coaches look to be a vast improvement over last year too... Time will tell of course, but things are looking up. Our coaches look to be more involved and Nix reinforced many positions with what looks to be some good depth. The biggest and most notable change will be on defense with our new DC. Then right behind that will be the go go offense that is being installed... WE will have a fun team to watch...and cheer for, unless you can not get off the stick and want to find non constructive things to say about the team.

I'm hoping this is true, but it's just hard to get excited after the past few years. But I do admit, there does seem to be a bit of electricity in the air this year. Let's hope it translates into Ws on the field.

We have a young new innovative NFL head coach and OC

We had our pick of any college QB in the nation and we got the guy we wanted

We have a new Defensive Coordinator who is proven in this league

We have CJ Spiller and they don't

Our #2 receiver Robert Woods is going to be an NFL force

Dareus is going to come back with a vengeance this year

Solid special teams, faster defense, younger and stronger overall.

If you don't think our team is going to be fun, you're nuts.

I heavily edited the quote, but I went back to page one for it because it is the best in the thread. I am a glass half full kind of guy. I feel that way about the USA, and I feel that way about the Bills. Every year I hope it will be the turning point, This year is no different. Other wise, why watch? Why root? Are you so jaded that you believe they can't turn it around? They can't find a good coach, a good QB? I'm a fan. Go, Go, Buffalo!

No Wannstedt = Instant Improvement. The fact that we get the guy from The Jets, who not only was known for one of the NFL's best defenses but already knows our division is HUGE. I think the Offense will need some time to grow but has a lot of upside. I am realistically optimistic but we are much younger and faster than in year's past. I am happy that Fred and Stevie are still here to give the offense leadership and stability and am rooting hard for EJ. I am hoping for tons of CJ explosiveness. Would love so much to catch NE off guard week one at home and beat them. OMG, so excited.

I liked the points you made about Petine (DC) he does know the division and that fact just HAS to help us.

Think Brady is going to miss Welker BIG time. He was his money WR . It going to be a very interesting game no doubt for many reasons. Looking forward to Sept.

There's a new sheriff in town!

Or as Lombardi once told his Packers, "You guys take care of the Giants and I'll take care of Allie Sherman (Giants Head Coach)!

Apparently that went over real well in the Packers locker room.

Just nurture the visual of Marrone cuffing Belicheat around for a few dances and then rag dolling him into lifeless submission.

Isn't he (Belichek) already lifeless....the zombie coach

The best part is: with so many young guys, if they do grow and progress together, the Bills could be dangerous for years to come.

Imagine EJ, CJ, Woods, Alsonso, Gilmore, ________, ___________, etc. (fill in the blanks) all in their prime together.

I know I'm getting ahead of myself, but in a few seasons, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Bills as perennial division champs.

OH YEAH!!!!

BillsKoolAid.jpg

My secret is out....drink it and like it

Edited by drinkTHEkoolaid

How come people say the Pats don't do well in the draft, but they win the division every year? I can't think of the names of more than a few players on their team. Methinks we could field all pros at each position and still come in last place every year.

How come people say the Pats don't do well in the draft, but they win the division every year? I can't think of the names of more than a few players on their team. Methinks we could field all pros at each position and still come in last place every year.

Head Coach and Quarterback.

That's most of the battle just in those two spots.

Head Coach and Quarterback.

That's most of the battle just in those two spots.

Well there's that and then there's also the plethora of bad teams in the NFL, especially in the AFC. Given this, having a HOF QB and coach has made it rather easy for them the last few years. Look at what happened to the Colts when Manning was lost for a year. I think the same thing would happened to the Pats. They simply never have been able to replace their star players through the draft, especially on defense.

This posting challenged me to again share my though even though I long ago realized that it is the negative poster and the classic anti-fan whose shrill commentary dominated these discussions. Although I have not contributed to this wall in a very long time I still open it up and appreciate those who have posted links that give insight into the team we are all supposedly fans of. And, that is what has driven me to respond today (And, to expose myself to the gloom that lurks in the corners of the wall.). THE BILLS LOOK PROMISING ... it is the expectation of every fan of a sports team. Fans are allegedly the individuals who year after year dream the dream that their football, hockey, baseball, basketball, soccer or NASCAR favorite will finish on top dismissing the reality that there are other fans of the competition who are dreaming that same dream. Truth is ... only one champion is crowned each year and the truth is most fans will again be waiting for another day. Being a fan is being the ultimate optimist while also being willing to toss in criticism and the obviously more knowledgeable insight fans have versus those in the profession when a team does not win. But, a fan has loyalty to the nth degree ... it is not a passing fad nor an opportunity to foam at the mouth like a rabid dog anxiously awaiting to devour the innocent glass half full fan who wants to enjoy the team. Those who unleash and plan verbal and written attacks on anything related to "their team," "their team's players," "their team's coaches," and yes even "their team's ownership" truly are not fans. They may have a loyalty to negativity and a celebration of condemnation but when they cannot even breathe in the fumes of possibility at draft time and yes sip of the Kool-Aid of dreams then they are clearly not fans. Come November 1st all of us may be wondering what went wrong again but ... but if we are fans then right now shouldn't we be dreaming of the moment in November when we may be saying my goodness no one ever expected our Bills to be this good. Each year's draft is a crap shoot ... no one knows how these young men will fare and most drafted players who have been carefully vetted by professional scouts (Not the Kipers of the world) who are employed by both winning and losing teams ... most of them will be out looking for a job in the very near future that is not at all related to professional sports. So for a moment ... if you are truly a BILLS FAN deep in your heart sip the KOOL AID and tell your friends who cheer on other teams that yes ... this year .. this year with our new coaching staff, our new game day philosophy, and yes our new collection of players ... will be the year that our Bills will be playing in the post season.

Edited by shoretalk

Every year I feel optimistic.

One thing that gives me hope is that we absolutely BLEW 3 games last year, and probably should have won 9 games. Had we done that, we would still have Chan Gailey, Fitzpatrick, and we'd be in for another year of mediocrity. I'm glad they lost those games, because we now have a new regime and things look pretty good.

Last year's defense may have been the biggest disappointment in team history. We were supposed to be dominant, but ended up looking pathetic. The talent was there, but it was poorly coached. The new guy will straighten out this group, and, well, it cannot get worse.

We suddenly have a bunch of wide receivers, where last year we had Stevie and, well, not much after that. We have a quarterback who, when healthy, was extremely good. And a rookie QB who has amazing talent.

Damn right I'm optimistic.

New HC, new OC, new DC, new offensive scheme which we know little about, new defensive scheme, something like 33 new faces on the roster... how can anyone accurately add it all up?

I'm solidly in the "wait-and-see" camp and happy to be there rather than last year's "here-we-go-again-same-old-thing" camp.

It always has extra sugar and ice this time of year.

I'm in full prove it to me mode. Talk has become cheap 13 yrs of it. Some me some wins, then ill come all the way back.

LOL

+ 1

Nothing beats a lukewarm glass of Bills koolaid in the springtime! RIGHT after the draft is when its best, I think! :thumbsup: