Bills have added 33; subtracted 19.

Hmmm.. I'm drinking the Kool-aid too, but these guys have to show it. Quickly thinking, Reed, Lofton & Beebe are likely all-time best, but Hill, Rashad & Chandler#81 couldn't be stopped either, just short lived. Bass, Duby & Warlick were pretty formidable for their day as well.

Yes, the speed alone gives these new guys a helluva start! Will they be NFL ballers is yet TBD.

Still too early to be drinking the Koolaid. We've travelled this road before many times and it has left me jaded.

Here's a rundown of all of the moves that the Bills have made thus far. The Bills have obviously been very active this year.............even making a trade for a veteran player (DE/OLB J. Hughes) and trading down in R1 of the draft, both of which they rarely do. They were able to draft their franchise QB in R1 and beat out half the NFL for prized UDFA WR D. Rogers. On top of that, they were able to secure the second best haul of UDFAs including two very good players in QB J. Tuel and CB N. Robey among others. It's been an amazing transformation for just one year.

Thanks for posting.

Here's the deal. Teams can carry 90 players right now so it's hard to make anything from the number of additions.

However the number of subtractions is 19. That's a big number.

Teams will carry 53 man rosters through the regular season so already the Bills have gotten rid of over one-third of the previous year's roster…. and that's with training camp still months away.

When the smoke clears, the roster makeover will be huge.

Me think we are putting too much weight on new rookie receivers. Very few times do receivers make an impact the first year. More than one on a team?? Hardly ever. Than there is always that thing about someone has to trhow it to them. Another unknown. We shall see. I don't think 8-8 is possible this year. Too many key positions with unknown talent.

I agree with you on this.

The problem is that the Bills are going to have rookie WR's starting this year, no matter how you cut it.

I like the group of receivers we have acquired for the upcoming year and look forward to how they will play.

Still, we need to not get our hopes up. There is a big learning curve for these guys and instant success is more than likely unrealistic.

But it should be fun to watch.

Hill, Rashad and Chandler were ridiculous as far as talent goes and who they were over their careers, but they never really got to play together much on the Bills, and Ferguson was still way too green. I would take them over Reed, Lofton and Beebe any day as far as talent goes, even though those three were great too. But Reed, Lofton and Beebe on the field, as Bills, really produced.

That said, the best duo together may have been Jerry Butler and Frank Lewis. Both of which were phenomenal talents.

i enjoyed this post

Hill, Rashad and Chandler were ridiculous as far as talent goes and who they were over their careers, but they never really got to play together much on the Bills, and Ferguson was still way too green. I would take them over Reed, Lofton and Beebe any day as far as talent goes, even though those three were great too. But Reed, Lofton and Beebe on the field, as Bills, really produced.

That said, the best duo together may have been Jerry Butler and Frank Lewis. Both of which were phenomenal talents.

There's another Bills receiving duo which deserves serious consideration from a talent standpoint although due to circumstances their production as Bills was minimal. Basically the Bills had horrible quarterbacking while the duo were here.

That duo is Haven Moses and Marlin Briscoe who were Bills during the dark days of the very late 60's and very early 70s.

I'm in complete agreement with Kelly. The talent we now have at WR is arguably and potentially beyond that which we've ever had at any given time.

I think we should let the new guys catch a few passes in the NFL before we sat that.

I would have liked to have kept Levitre, Nelson, and George Wilson. Those are the only players on that list. Ah well, I know besides football there are business implications that might have lead to getting rid of them as well. I think overall we will be a better team with the new additions than we were last year

The problem is that the Bills are going to have rookie WR's starting this year, no matter how you cut it.

I like the group of receivers we have acquired for the upcoming year and look forward to how they will play.

Still, we need to not get our hopes up. There is a big learning curve for these guys and instant success is more than likely unrealistic.

They should be fun to watch, and the single dimension that they bring is the ability to stretch the field lengthwise. That, and EJ's - hell, even Kolb's ability to heave the ball farther than 20 yards on any given play means a paradigm shift for games at The Ralph and every enemy stadium this year's squad plays in. I'm psyched at the possibilities and think they could catch the League napping and looking in the rear view mirror. JMHO.

Lord knows I hope Marrone is the greatest coach the Bills have ever had grace the sidelines, but I remember Cowher talking up Gailey when we got him too. Just saying.

I hope Marrone has learned how to be the HC of a team and has had good success @ Syracuse. On the other hand, Chan was talked us as a good coordinator. However, he sucked being a HC, especially getting the right pieces working on the defense.

That's a lot of turnover and there will br more before the season for a team with a GM that is supposed to be in year 4 of a rebuilding program

I'm sure if Chan was head coach the number would be much smaller.

I think the Marrone/Hackett offense will see production out of the rookies pretty quickly, much more quickly than Chan would have gotten it out of them.