Florida Legislature refuses giving aid to Dolphins...

Erie County ..no problem at all.

NYS ... no !@#$ing way.

I live in Rochester so Erie county can do what they want but I don't want any of my money going to a stadium, ANY stadium.

And I don't blame you at all.

At this point the discussion usually shifts to to what degree the state has subsidized pro sports venues in the Greater NYC area and the issue of fairness to all state residents, the distribution of tax burden and disbursement of tax revenues throughout the state, etc.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No offense, but visitors to NO don't care about the condition of the airport or the riverfront!

generally, i agree, but in the case of the super bowl - there are three locations that pretty close to 100% of attendees see: the airport, the stadium, and the venue that hosts the nfl entertainment (concerts, tv shows etc...) which in new orleans is the river front.

now 2 of the 3 of those have announced renovation plans with an end date of "by 2018" and i think the stadium will likely be added for the trifecta. with it being the tricentennial celebrations in new orleans i think the city is going to push hard to make this event the crown jewel of the year.

miami not getting their funds, coupled with new orleans projects getting approved bit by bit... i like the odds of it being hosted here...

http://www.nfl.com/n...ed-stadium-bill

Hmmm. L.A. dolphins...

I doubt it will happen, but that would be great. Another team in LA that I could truly hate (it's still pretty fun to hate a team and root for them to lose). Plus the pall and all the questions that will arise out of all of this, until it is settled, which doesn't seem soon, is nice to have on a place like Miami instead of Buffalo all the time. This is just great all around.

Erie County ..no problem at all.

NYS ... no !@#$ing way.

I live in Rochester so Erie county can do what they want but I don't want any of my money going to a stadium, ANY stadium.

Well I live in Erie County, so put the new stadium in Niagara county. Or NF, Canada. I don't care I just pay way TOO much in taxes now

What, is LA going to have nine teams? Minny, JAX, Dolphins, Bills, etc. How many times can teams use this same obvious bluff?

I have long held the theory that the NFL has no intention of putting a team in LA, and they make a ton more money for their other franchises by using LA as ploy to keep teams in their cities.

I have long held the theory that the NFL has no intention of putting a team in LA, and they make a ton more money for their other franchises by using LA as ploy to keep teams in their cities.

Seems to be the case. Vikings stayed and I don't see the Dolphins going anywhere. They just won't get any more SBs for a while.

I like it. It wouldn't surprise me a bit.

If the Dolphins move to LA, I hope the NFL takes the opportunity to do a little realignment. I'd kind of like to see the Bills, Browns, Bengals and Steelers in one division.

Edit:

AFC East:

Jaguars

Jets

Patriots

Ravens

AFC North:

Bengals

Bills

Browns

Steelers

AFC South:

Chiefs

Colts

Texans

Titans

AFC West:

Broncos

Chargers

Dolphins

Raiders

Eh, probably would never happen.

Edited by Dorkington

If the Dolphins move to LA, I hope the NFL takes the opportunity to do a little realignment. I'd kind of like to see the Bills, Browns, Bengals and Steelers in one division.

Something similar was offered at the last realignment but turned down. Ralph likes having Miami and New York in the division.

Something similar was offered at the last realignment but turned down. Ralph likes having Miami and New York in the division.

Yeah, and the other changes that'd be necessary would be fought against too. I was just looking at the NFC for "realignment" options, and that would be tough as well. People like their historic rivalries. :)

Yeah, and the other changes that'd be necessary would be fought against too. I was just looking at the NFC for "realignment" options, and that would be tough as well. People like their historic rivalries. :)

Agree but Steelers and Browns would be big games right away. Plus easier to travel for fans.

Agree but Steelers and Browns would be big games right away. Plus easier to travel for fans.

Agreed. I wouldn't miss the current division rivals at all. A rust belt division would be terrific -- fans would love it.

Agreed. I wouldn't miss the current division rivals at all. A rust belt division would be terrific -- fans would love it.

Yeah. The Bills Miami rivalry was one of the better ones although from Miamis POV their arch rival was the Jets. But that bills dolphins rivalry has lost almost all of its luster. Ralph is really holding onto that in a much more nostalgic way than realistic way.

Yeah. The Bills Miami rivalry was one of the better ones although from Miamis POV their arch rival was the Jets. But that bills dolphins rivalry has lost almost all of its luster. Ralph is really holding onto that in a much more nostalgic way than realistic way.

That's my take too. I think they are all lame rivalries.

Miami: great years ago but died shortly after Kelly/Marino retired and both teams entered an endless purgatory of suckitude. Four playoff games, but last one was 15 years ago.

Jets -- This series has usually featured one team being way better than the other (early '90s), or both teams being horrible. One playoff game; 30 years ago.

Pats - Same as above expect we've been Brady's B word for the last ten years. I wouldn't miss that. One playoff game; 50 years ago.