AT&T ads from 20 years ago talking of the future...

What will the next 20 years bring? I think cars that do not require human drivers on highways is going to be a reality. Could result in less road building and less consumption of fuels.

And driverless Rav-4's will still do 5 under the speed limit in the left lane...

What will the next 20 years bring? I think cars that do not require human drivers on highways is going to be a reality. Could result in less road building and less consumption of fuels.

Google is working on that. One of the reasons they're mapping as many roads as possible with street view.

Checking out without removing the items from your cart to be scanned by hand, but scanned wirelessly and paid for wirelessly just by pushing your cart out the door.

Well...I did actually have to scan one bar code to get the process started.

So I guess not.

Pretty cool. What's striking is how they didn't see all of these things as features of your portable phone device - they get the whole video phone concept but it is still via a phone booth or corded phone on your desk. So much of it they got right - but they are all things done on your smartphone, and almost evryone has one.