Totally Forgot - 3 day weekend Ahead!

stevestojan

Man, when I woke up this morning, I would have rather put on a Tom Brady Jersey than come to work... I was tired, pissed off, still a touh hungover from Fri-Sat... Then, I get here, and find out next monday is a paid day off. SaWeet...

You guys get off for MLKJr day?

Yes I do, but I'll work that day so I can save the time off, and use it for a Holiday like Easter. Because they don't give any hoilday time off for the weekend of Easter. If a true Holiday is on a Saturday, we get that Friday. If its on a Sunday we get that Monday.

Yes I do, but I'll work that day so I can save the time off, and use it for a Holiday like Easter. Because they don't give any hoilday time off for the weekend of Easter. If a true Holiday is on a Saturday, we get that Friday. If its on a Sunday we get that Monday.

200377[/snapback]

So, it's not techinally a day off for you if you can "save it", is it?

Anyway, I "can" work, and anyone that does gets triple time, (yeah, i know, I should work), but seriously, single time for NOT working beats triple time for being here.

I think a three day trip to Islamorada is in order. Absolutly cheapest 3-day "Tropical" vacation the world has to offer.

200359[/snapback]

Great spot, I vacationed there like 10 years ago with some family. The Keys are absolutely beautiful. Also went to a resort called Hawks Cay - beautiful there as well. Wish I could go down to Key West again and go to Margaritaville.

And where is "ada?"  After all, if the choice is Islam or ada - I'm choosing ada.

200387[/snapback]

haha... reminds me of a joke:

This 90 year old woman is walking around a retirement home, wearing nothing but a trench coat. She walks down the hall, knocks on the first door she sees, and an old man answers. She opens her coat and yells "Super kitty!" ... The man immediatly slams the door shut. She does this same thing over and over, and every time, the doors get slammed in her face. Finally, the old woman makes her way to the game room. She walks over to two men playing chess. Each man is about 85 years old. She walks up, opens her jacket, reavelaing her naked 90 year old body, and yells "Super kitty!". The one man says "What did she just say?". The other man tells him "I think she said 'Super kitty'". The first man sits back, thinks for a moment and then says, "Tell her I'll take the soup!".

Nope. We don't get that or Columbus day either. Columbus day seems to be more of an eastern thing. People in the Bay Area celebrate Indiginous Peoples Day instead. They all lament that the land was stolen from the Native Americans. I say, if you are so upset, drive out to the indian reservations and hand the deed to your big house in Marin county over to a native american family and then head back to wherever it is you ancestors came from and then shut up.

Nope. We don't get that or Columbus day either. Columbus day seems to be more of an eastern thing.  People in the Bay Area celebrate Indiginous Peoples Day instead. They all lament that the land was stolen from the Native Americans. I say, if you are so upset, drive out to the indian reservations and hand the deed to your big house in Marin county over to a native american family and then head back to wherever it is you ancestors came from and then shut up.

200396[/snapback]

Just funny how we celebrate Columbus, the man who, upon arriving in the Americas, thought he had discovered a much shorter route to India. Thus, he called the native americans Indians.

Man, when I woke up this morning, I would have rather put on a Tom Brady Jersey than come to work... I was tired, pissed off, still a touh hungover from Fri-Sat... Then, I get here, and find out next monday is a paid day off.  SaWeet...

You guys get off for MLKJr day?

200350[/snapback]

don't get used to it.... :D

So, it's not techinally a day off for you if you can "save it", is it?

Anyway, I "can" work, and anyone that does gets triple time, (yeah, i know, I should work), but seriously, single time for NOT working beats triple time for being here.

200380[/snapback]

Well semantics aside. I get three weeks time to use as I see fit, then I get 12 "Holidays" that are added in then taken out when I use them, or if I use them. I just think the resurrection of Christ was a little higher on my importance list then MLK, but that's just me. Last year I took MLK day off, plus Monday following Easter, if that means anything. :D