Bills rookie cards

Jay...did you design these yourself? The Score 2013 cards are not out yet...or do you have connections? Pretty sweet...same design as the 1989 Score.

http://www.nfl.com/photos/0ap1000000163677

Apparently Score (Panini) is celebrating the 25th year in the NFL card business by using a throwback design: http://store.paniniamerica.net/2013-score-nfl-36-pack-box.html

http://www.nfl.com/p...ap1000000163677

Apparently Score (Panini) is celebrating the 25th year in the NFL card business by using a throwback design: http://store.paninia...6-pack-box.html

Very cool. I am a bit of collector. The 1989 Score football set is kind considered the king of modern sports sets (or maybe just football sets)...prior to 1989, only Topps put out football cards. In 1989, the NFL gave liscence to Score and Pro Set, to also produce cards...it opened up the floodgates, for better or worse... what a fool I am...I remember when Pro Set and Score issued their sets. IMO, the Pro Set cards were so much nicer...bold colors, great action shots... I thought the Score were just dull....I was moving out of may apartment in NY, and had embarassing size piles of both...not giving it any thought, I tossed the Score cards into the trash, and kept all the Pro Set.

Today, just to give you an idea of what a bad decision that was, a Score Barry Sanders (the kind of the set, along with Troy Aikman Deon Sanders, Derrick Thomas and Thurman rookies), ungraded, can fetch you anywhere form $20 to $40 (used to be much higer) on EBAY. Am mint, graded Sanders goes for about $120. A Pro Set rooke Barry Sanders, wll get you $3 if you are lucky....

A complete 550 card 1989 Score set goes for about $60 now (used to be as high as $300), while a complet 600 card Pro Set set can be had for about $10! I still think they are much nicer to look at, but Pro Set just over-produced them, so there was a gluttonous amount out there, and as more nicer stuff came out they just lost their value...

Edited by Buftex

Then there's also this one:

2013-score-chris-gragg.jpg

Very cool. I am a bit of collector. The 1989 Score football set is kind considered the king of modern sports sets (or maybe just football sets)...prior to 1989, only Topps put out football cards. In 1989, the NFL gave liscence to Score and Pro Set, to also produce cards...it opened up the floodgates, for better or worse... what a fool I am...I remember when Pro Set and Score issued their sets. IMO, the Pro Set cards were so much nicer...bold colors, great action shots... I thought the Score were just dull....I was moving out of may apartment in NY, and had embarassing size piles of both...not giving it any thought, I tossed the Score cards into the trash, and kept all the Pro Set. Today, just to give you an idea of what a bad decision that was, a Score Barry Sanders (the kind of the set, along with Troy Aikman Deon Sanders, Derrick Thomas and Thurman rookies), ungraded, can fetch you anywhere form $20 to $40 (used to be much higer) on EBAY. A Pro Set rooke Barry Sanders, wll get you $3 if you are lucky.... a complete 550 card 1989 Score set goes for about $60 now (used to be as high as $300), while a complet 600 card Pro Set set can be had for about $10!

Pro Set was a MUCH nicer card. But I think they way over-produced for any kind of price future.

These are sharp!

panini-america-2013-score-football-hot-rookies-17.jpg

panini-america-2013-score-football-hot-rookies-10.jpg

panini-america-2013-score-football-hot-rookies-36.jpg

Edited by JÂy RÛßeÒ

Those are pretty cool...can't wait for the release...but, is it just me? They couldn't have possibly taken photos of all these guys in their Bills uniforms just yet...photo-shop!

I thought the same thing. I think I found the one they used for Robert Woods:

robert-woods.jpg

I thought the same thing. I think I found the one they used for Robert Woods:

robert-woods.jpg

nope..similar but not the same pic..in the Bills version woods thunp is up and tucked and in the college version his thump is extended and down..also the head is pointing downward in Bills version and its looking more level in the college version..his shoulders are level in Bills version and tilted slightly in college version...his pinky is also extended in college version and the ball is different in college version...I'd say they might have gotten all these guys together for a shoot allready and it might have been b4 #'s were given out seeings Marquise is wearing double 0's...00...theres more differences but I wont bore you with them all. ;)