If true, interesting insight into why Geno Smith fell in draft

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read that too, and found it very interesting....These stories are all well and good, but let's not forget one major detail...This could be meaningless come Sundays. I just hope to see Manuel turn his great attitude and personality into success on the field...Of course I'd always love to watch the Jets struggle with another bad QB situation, but when it comes down to it they will be judged by what they do on Sundays.

Manningx2, Brady, Rodgers and Brees all have somthing in common with EJ. Work ethic. J Russel, Eric Leaf, rob Johnson, all have somthing in common with Geno. They came into the league as the best. I'm not saying one will succed, and they other won't.....just that the odd are in EJ's favor.

Smith will be possibly the biggest bust in this draft. He's the perfect mix of Ryan Leaf, Vince Young, and Jamarcus Russell all in one. He's a whining cry baby and not a leader at all. I will enjoy watching the Jets fumble around with him another 2-4 years.

Sure seems like it. I hope so for the Bills sake...

Manningx2, Brady, Rodgers and Brees all have somthing in common with EJ. Work ethic. J Russel, Eric Leaf, rob Johnson, all have somthing in common with Geno. They came into the league as the best. I'm not saying one will succed, and they other won't.....just that the odd are in EJ's favor.

Rob Johnson was a fourth round pick. And it was Ryan Leaf.

If nothing else, EJ Manuel does the little things that immediately puts me in his corner. I hope he can play QB.

what had EJ been doing at FSU?

Rob Johnson was a fourth round pick. And it was Ryan Leaf.

Ryan.... Yes, but Rob came to us with an attitude comparable to how Geno was described. My point is, for a QB, you have to have a guy who WANTS to own that job.

what had EJ been doing at FSU?

Ryan.... Yes, but Rob came to us with an attitude comparable to how Geno was described.

How so? I don't see that at all. RJ tried and worked hard. He didn't seem like a me first guy. He was tough as hell (although stupid). He didn't make wild predictions of greatness. He didn't blame others.

He just wasn't very good, as his fourth round status should have indicated.

How so? I don't see that at all. RJ tried and worked hard. He didn't seem like a me first guy. He was tough as hell (although stupid). He didn't make wild predictions of greatness. He didn't blame others.

He just wasn't very good, as his fourth round status should have indicated.

Perhaps one of the first RJ posts I've ever agreed with or even found reasonable!

A lot of dbags have become good QBs in the league before and a lot of the same things were said about Cam Newton. I wonder if these quotes were pre-draft smoke or post-draft revelations.

I'm sure a lot of these criticisms are valid but I guess I hope he succeeds given his rough life...just not against the Bills, of course.

Smith will be possibly the biggest bust in this draft. He's the perfect mix of Ryan Leaf, Vince Young, and Jamarcus Russell all in one. He's a whining cry baby and not a leader at all. I will enjoy watching the Jets fumble around with him another 2-4 years.

And yet the Bills were stupid to reach for EJ Manuel when they could have had a ready-to-shine superstar in Geno Smith. Just ask him...if he ever puts down the phone.

PTR

At first I thought maybe a team scout was feeding Nawrocki bad information so he his stock would drop, thus allowing the team to draft him.

Now I'm starting to feel, "Where there's smoke, there's fire." Enough different people have similar evaluations and observations that the Jets should be concerned. I was surprised by the EJ pick, but in hindsight I'm happy.

A lot of dbags have become good QBs in the league before and a lot of the same things were said about Cam Newton. I wonder if these quotes were pre-draft smoke or post-draft revelations.

I'm sure a lot of these criticisms are valid but I guess I hope he succeeds given his rough life...just not against the Bills, of course.

I'm sorry did I miss Cam Newton becoming a good QB?

Very interesting read and thanks for posting. I'm with you turbo but you really can't help but think about how much of a mad house it has been on the Jets and he's probably just going to be another part of it.

While searching/reading other articles I stumbled upon this comic strip but it's not very PC so look at your own risk. http://nyc.barstools...-suicide-comic/

someone's comment after the cartoon-

"Where is the next frame of Rex with a belt around his neck and Geno’s toes in his mouth?"

I of course found this to be in bad taste, and only post it as an example of what is not at all funny...just shameful....

Too lazy to look it up again. It's linked in the EJ's First Hours Video thread.

Lemme get that for ya.

http://www.newyorkjets.com/photos-and-videos/videos/Geno-Arrives-Picks-Up-His-Playbook/9674d097-9e29-4273-823f-e3b333f1cdf7

someone's comment after the cartoon-

"Where is the next frame of Rex with a belt around his neck and Geno’s toes in his mouth?"

I of course found this to be in bad taste, and only post it as an example of what is not at all funny...just shameful....

Such are most comments following any comic/new article/etc. people love to hide behind the comfort of their monitor and spew garbage.

I don't know about the leadership stuff, but Geno is a good, smart kid. I wish him the best.

I think the reason he dropped is that he's not a good QB. I concur with Cosell's assessment of his "slow eyes". I really doubt Geno has what it takes for the NFL.

All you have to do is watch the videos that Bills & Jets put together of each draftee's introductions and visits to team's offices. They speak volumes.

is there a link to his video?

On another note, I am willing to bet that Rex starts Sanchez over Geno at the beginning of the season and it will make Geno cry and whine even more like a 16 year old rich girl when she doesn't get her Acura she wanted for her birthday instead she gets a Chevy Cobalt and is furious. Throwing tantrums, sitting in a corner and pouting. It's gonna be fun to watch. I just wish they still had Revis in the team, so that he could add even more to the drama and threaten to hold out again like a little baby that he is.

is there a link to his video?

On another note, I am willing to bet that Rex starts Sanchez over Geno at the beginning of the season and it will make Geno cry and whine even more like a 16 year old rich girl when she doesn't get her Acura she wanted for her birthday instead she gets a Chevy Cobalt and is furious. Throwing tantrums, sitting in a corner and pouting. It's gonna be fun to watch. I just wish they still had Revis in the team, so that he could add even more to the drama and threaten to hold out again like a little baby that he is.

Rex should just quit now. This season is going to be a disaster. They have a shaky WR corp, with one malcontent, Santonio, any good, no TE at all, no running game unless you think Chris Ivory is going to be Curtis Martin, and one half of an OL, in a completely new system with a retread coach.