Mike Williams should have made Jennings

1billsfan

I think the culprit of the situation TD is faced with (overpaying for Jennings) is Mike Williams inabilty to become the dominant tackle he was supposed to become. The plan was to get big Mike to switch over when Jennings wanted the big money in FA. That WAS the plan way back when, right? Now we applaud his "developing" into a very good right tackle. Mike Williams is screwing us with Jennings now looking to cash in. I seriously do not want the Bills to overpay on Jennings. He is a very good left tackle, but he is not dominating and he is hurt a lot. Do not pay him Ogden or Pace money.

I think the culprit of the situation TD is faced with (overpaying for Jennings) is Mike Williams inabilty to become the dominant tackle he was supposed to become. The plan was to get big Mike to switch over when Jennings wanted the big money in FA. That WAS the plan way back when, right? Now we applaud his "developing" into a very good right tackle. Mike Williams is screwing us with Jennings now looking to cash in. I seriously do not want the Bills to overpay on Jennings. He is a very good left tackle, but he is not dominating and he is hurt a lot. Do not pay him Ogden or Pace money.

200250[/snapback]

i think you'd be hard pressed to find an old quote from TD mentioning anything about that.........i think the fans got that idea in their heads and created this myth about an eventual switch for big mike.......i don't think that was TD's intentions when he drafted him.......

i think you'd be hard pressed to find an old quote from TD mentioning anything about that.........i think the fans got that idea in their heads and created this myth about an eventual switch for big mike.......i don't think that was TD's intentions when he drafted him.......

200269[/snapback]

When's the last time a team used the number 4 pick on a right tackle? The myth would be to believe TD wanted him at right tackle his whole career.

I thought that was the plan. But it turns out Big Mike always was a right tackle anyway... albeit in front of a lefty qb.

but then we did have RJ when we drafted him right?? or am i getting forgetful?

200258[/snapback]

I would hope in drafting Williams so high, the team had hoped he would be the LT and Jennings would be the RT. BIG Mike never played with RJ. Though by years' end of RJ's final year here (2001) Jennings was our starting RT. He only shifted to LT because we drafted Williams. If we lose Jennings, alll we can hope is that Williams can make the transition to LT like Leonard Davis finally did or that we can find a short term solution (maybe Bob Whitfield) for a year or two until we finally find a replacement for Will Wolford.

When's the last time a team used the number 4 pick on a right tackle? The myth would be to believe TD wanted him at right tackle his whole career.

200320[/snapback]

Willie Anderson I believe was a top 10 or top 15 RT pick. He's been worth every penny. PAY THE OFFENSIVE LINE, so what if they're a litlte overpaid. It's far better to have a dominant line than anything else. A team cannot conduct a season with only half of a decent starting line.

And while we're at it, noone is going to pay JJ Pace/Jones money: AINT GONNA HAPPEN. THe best JJ could probobly do is to get a Todd Wade-esque contract or maybe even a John Tait-like contract, but nothing in the JOnes/Pace viscinity.