Bills item from MMQB

Kent14

"I think one of my favorite stories from the season, looking back, is how Sam Wyche, the quarterbacks coach in Buffalo, got his guys to relax. Sometimes, not every day, when Wyche sensed his quarterbacks were nodding off and not paying attention, he'd pull out the airline pillows he bought for them (you know the ones that fit snugly around your neck so you can, theoretically, fall asleep sitting up practically anywhere), turn off the lights, have them turn their chairs around to see a large beach-scene picture at the back of the meeting room, and call out, "Power nap time!'' Fifteen minutes later, he'd rouse them and they'd be back to work."

"I think one of my favorite stories from the season, looking back, is how Sam Wyche, the quarterbacks coach in Buffalo, got his guys to relax. Sometimes, not every day, when Wyche sensed his quarterbacks were nodding off and not paying attention, he'd pull out the airline pillows he bought for them (you know the ones that fit snugly around your neck so you can, theoretically, fall asleep sitting up practically anywhere), turn off the lights, have them turn their chairs around to see a large beach-scene picture at the back of the meeting room, and call out, "Power nap time!'' Fifteen minutes later, he'd rouse them and they'd be back to work."

200166[/snapback]

Wonder if he woke Drew up with the same 4-second alarm clock,

or if he had a 15-minute one. :D

Nice technique...

Aint it funny what happens in NFL meeting rooms??

200218[/snapback]

Wonder if they each had a blankie (blankey?) to snuggle.

I suppose once you reach overload status there's no point in continuing the meeting, but hopefully this didn't happen too often.

I like Sam Wyche more all the time. This teachnique probably made for much more efficient use of time.

I find it curious that there are those who have to try to turn this into an anti-Bledsoe thread. We don't know that Losman didn't dose off more than Bledsoe.

If I fall asleep at work, I get fired. On the spot. No second chance.

(For some reason, that is like the Cardinal Sin here where I work).

200324[/snapback]

Probably been that way since the one guy nodded off and fell into the deep fryer.

As far as what the Bills are doing goes, I think the 15 minutes lost makes the rest considerably more productive, which makes it a net win. Scientists have shown that it's a natural tendency for people to want to nap in the afternoon.

http://www3.azwestern.edu/psy/dgershaw/lol/SiestaSense.html