Early 53 Man Roster Project

I don't think the Bills will go into the season with only FOUR CBs as has been proposed above even with D. Williams on the roster. They will take at least FIVE. Realistically, they need to sign a vet CB to improve the depth at that position. Gilmore/vet FA or trade/McKelvin/Brooks/Rogers or Robey would be nice.

One UDFA player to keep an eye on is CB Robey from USC. I think he has a shot to make the final roster by beating out either Butler or Rogers.

I like Dickerson, but who do you cut if you take him?? Gragg?? An OL??

Odds are against Robey.. i mean 5'7"? yikes, man... worth a shot, but i dunno about a roster spot.

for Dickerson, gotta be either Gragg or B.Smith in your scenario. we often keep 5 WRs, and you have 6, so if Dickerson goes is, he's gotta be a WR or TE, and we aren't keeping more than 9 total.

I actually think there is a good chance FredEx and Choice don't make the team this fall. That big, fast RB from UAlbany looks good on tape.

Choice may get cut but Fred Jackson will be on the team. He is a rock solid #2 back and was leading the league in yards from scrimmage 2 years ago when he got hurt. He doesnt make THAT much to where he will be expendable for an undrafted free agent from Albany. If Spiller were to be out for a couple of weeks Freddy will be carrying the load. I still expect 10-12 touches a games for him.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Everyone is clammoring for ILB and CB but G is scary. Colin Brown as a starter? People wanted him ran off the team during preseason last year. And the only backup being Young. Unless the plan is to kick Sanders inside and even that is a complete unknown. People talk about Chibane from 'Cuse but he's wasnt even close to draftable by most teams and is insanely unathletic. G would be my priority.

Marrone is a OL man and coached them along the way. I wonder if he thinks he can coach up some of the guys? I do not see him as the same type of personality as Chan. Oline is so much about technique. I see Marrone as being very hands on with the guys. I also wonder if they do not want to rock the boat to much by bringing in a vet? Continuity is very important on Oline. Guys have to have trust and faith in one another.

Who knows they may sign Moore tomorrow, but for now from everything i have seen they have a plan and ar enot afraid to execute it. Starting with the cuts, a few FA pick ups so far, the draft, UDFA, and now the trade of Sheppard. It is hard to argue with the fact the Bill are making moves and trying to shake the 13+ playoff drought.

It feels like there are certain qualities that the Bills are seeking. Speed seems to be really important and a huge focus of the team. That seems to be one of the reasons that they let Shep go. They are going to play fast and be fast. This appears to be the plan on both sides of the ball. They are going to be aggressive and attack. At the very least the team should be a lot more fun to watch.

Odds are against Robey.. i mean 5'7"? yikes, man... worth a shot, but i dunno about a roster spot.

for Dickerson, gotta be either Gragg or B.Smith in your scenario. we often keep 5 WRs, and you have 6, so if Dickerson goes is, he's gotta be a WR or TE, and we aren't keeping more than 9 total.

We are and probably will if we don't keep a true FB, and that is very possible.

Everyone is clammoring for ILB and CB but G is scary. Colin Brown as a starter? People wanted him ran off the team during preseason last year. And the only backup being Young. Unless the plan is to kick Sanders inside and even that is a complete unknown. People talk about Chibane from 'Cuse but he's wasnt even close to draftable by most teams and is insanely unathletic. G would be my priority.

Nothin' for nothin', but if Chibane sucks out loud, why would Marrone want to sign him as an undrafted free agent???

As far as guys being "undraftable", didn't the same apply to Pat Williams, Jason Peters, et al?

(Not trying to be argumentative - obviously losing Levitre creates a void, which is why we should have drafted David DeCastro last year.)

G Zack Chibaneicon-article-link.gif – 6’5” 298 - Syracuse

A three-year starter at guard for the Orange, Chibane made 38 straight starts to finish his college career.

“Played left guard. He’s a physical run blocker that likes to finish,” said Bills coordinator of college scouting Doug Majeski. “Has good toughness, intelligent kid. Obviously played for coach Marrone, experienced player. Improved as the season went on last year.”

GO BILLSSS!!!!

19 and 0 baby!!!!! :beer:

Edited by The Senator

My surprise cut is going to be Troup.

To me, this is really the discussion.

With an all new coaching staff there will be less of a tendency to keep guys that the former staff had an allegiance to. They've already shown they're not shy about changing personnel and I don't think they're done yet either.

Drew Smith is going to make this team. He is better than Choice.

He is #10 for Albany:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Oatx3-sBI0

Dear God I hope so.

Choice is the embodiment of mediocrity.

Give me someone who actually has a discernible strength to his game.

To me, this is really the discussion.

With an all new coaching staff there will be less of a tendency to keep guys that the former staff had an allegiance to. They've already shown they're not shy about changing personnel and I don't think they're done yet either.

Dear God I hope so.

Choice is the embodiment of mediocrity.

Give me someone who actually has a discernible strength to his game.

Totally agree on Choice. Watched him at GT and never thought he was great, reliable yes, but not great. That was in college.

in the pros his greatest attribute is his mouth or leadership abilities. However, when you are not very relevant on the field that quality is negated somewhat, i believe.

I always like to do a roster projection every so often just to see what the status of the roster is and which players realistically have a shot to make the team. It also shows our current depth at each position and whether we should be on the lookout for a player at a certain position.

The * indicates that a new player has made the roster from last year i.e. (either wasn't with the team to start the year or did not contribute much for some other reason last year). There are 21 of these such players. You could look at these players as "improvement players" potentially.

This probably our best group heading into training camp. Hopefully, more additions will be made to improve the team.

Pos. # Starter # Backup # Reserve WR 11 T.J. Graham # Da'Rick Rogers* TE 84 Scott Chandler 85 Lee Smith 89 Chris Gragg* LT 77 Cordy Glenn 72 Zebrie Sanders* LG 74 Colin Brown 71 Sam Young C 70 Eric Wood 61 David Snow* RG 60 Kraig Urbik RT 75 Chris Hairston 79 Erik Pears WR 10 Robert Woods* 88 Marquise Goodwin* WR 13 Stevie Johnson 16 Brad Smith QB 4 Kevin Kolb 3 E.J. Manuel* # Tavaris Jackson* RB 28 C.J. Spiller 22 Fred Jackson 20 Tashard Choice NT 99 Marcell Dareus 90 Alan Branch* 98 Torell Troup* DT 95 Kyle Williams 92 Alex Carrington 96 Jarron Gilbert* RE 94 Mario Williams 93 Mark Anderson SLB 91 Manny Lawson* # Jerry Hughes* MLB 50 Kiko Alonso* 51 Chris White* 52 Arthur Moats WLB 53 Nigel Bradham 43 Bryan Scott 54 Marcus Dowtin* RCB 24 Stephon Gilmore FS 31 Jairus Byrd 27 Duke Williams* SS 23 Aaron Williams 25 Da'Norris Searcy 36 Jonathan Meeks* NCB 33 Ron Brooks 26 Justin Rogers LCB 21 Leodis McKelvin 29 Crezdon Butler* K 5 Dustin Hopkins* P 6 Shawn Powell* LS 65 Garrison Sanborn

I think either Jackson or Choice will be cut. Mark Anderson will probably play LB, and I think you have too many lineman making the team; either Gilbert or Troup will probably be gone.

Nothin' for nothin', but if Chibane sucks out loud, why would Marrone want to sign him as an undrafted free agent???

As far as guys being "undraftable", didn't the same apply to Pat Williams, Jason Peters, et al?

(Not trying to be argumentative - obviously losing Levitre creates a void, which is why we should have drafted David DeCastro last year.)

G Zack Chibaneicon-article-link.gif – 6’5” 298 - Syracuse

A three-year starter at guard for the Orange, Chibane made 38 straight starts to finish his college career.

“Played left guard. He’s a physical run blocker that likes to finish,” said Bills coordinator of college scouting Doug Majeski. “Has good toughness, intelligent kid. Obviously played for coach Marrone, experienced player. Improved as the season went on last year.”

GO BILLSSS!!!!

19 and 0 baby!!!!! :beer:

Peters was an athletic freak. Pat Williams bounced around junior colleges and was seen as undraftable. I agree that Chibane has no shot of making the roster.

I think a veteran guard will be added before or during training camp. Rogers will be cut and they will add another veteran DB to take his place in June.

I don't think they carry a FB. They can line up Dareus or Williams in the backfield if needed.

Dickerson over Lee Smith who will be cut the moment Chandler is cleared for contact.

Somehow Moats' tenure with this team will be over.

Does anyone know if Sanders can play guard????

I think a veteran guard will be added before or during training camp. Rogers will be cut and they will add another veteran DB to take his place in June.

I don't think they carry a FB. They can line up Dareus or Williams in the backfield if needed.

Dickerson over Lee Smith who will be cut the moment Chandler is cleared for contact.

Somehow Moats' tenure with this team will be over.

Does anyone know if Sanders can play guard????

Isn't 6'6" too tall for an interior lineman?

Brown has played well in most instances, he is absolutely a mauler at run blocking, needs improvement at pass pro. He filled in for injuries to guards and center over the last 2 years, he isn't perfect but we are not at 2007 or 8 in terms of talent on the line. He is giant and pretty fast. Our GM is pretty decent finding it in the heap and our coach was one, has coached them and has an excellent position coach for them. I think Brown will be fine. Don't know who these people you are referencing here.

We still have Justin Rogers at CB as well, coming off IR, and he didnt look too shabby at all.

Choice is going to get beat out by Smith imho.

Snow is going to get beat out by either Chibane or Turnley.

Edited by bladiebla