Spiller vs. Marshawn

Lynch is good, Spiller is on a completely different level than he is tho...Spiller could be the successor to AP

Actually, AP is the guy on a "completely different level". He had the same YPC as Spiller, but did it over 141 more carries than Spiller.

Lych had a decent 5 per carry, but he had to stretch that over 315 carries--over a hundred more than Spiller.

Until Spiller can carry the ball more than 20 times a game, there's not much point in comparing him to feature backs like Lynch and AP.

I love Spiller, but comparing him to Lynch and AP is just dumb. The latter two backs can actually play a complete game, can run both inside and outside, can take hits and move players. Spiller can only run in certain sets. He's not a pound the ball, back. He's not your goal line back. He won't get you tough yards. Spiller is a next gen Marshall Faulk, which is great, and I love having him, but he's no AP/Lynch.

Lynch is good, Spiller is on a completely different level than he is tho...Spiller could be the successor to AP

i said it all last year, this post reminds me of it again. Whoever remembers how good Preist Holmes was on Kansas City for 3-4 years. That could be CJ without a doubt in my mind. I'm talking 25+ TDs if we used him correctly. He is that good.

Other players that CJ could be as good as, even in their prime:

Marshall Faulk

Ladanian Tomlinson

Thurman Thomas

Barry Sanders

I truly believe he can be that good and has shown it. Chan cost him 2 years of production and its a tragedy that he did.

i said it all last year, this post reminds me of it again. Whoever remembers how good Preist Holmes was on Kansas City for 3-4 years. That could be CJ without a doubt in my mind. I'm talking 25+ TDs if we used him correctly. He is that good.

Other players that CJ could be as good as, even in their prime:

Marshall Faulk

Ladanian Tomlinson

Thurman Thomas

Barry Sanders

I truly believe he can be that good and has shown it. Chan cost him 2 years of production and its a tragedy that he did.

And whatever happened to that guy? After only 3 seasons (his only 3 of his entire career) over 300 carries, he was done, burnt.

As for Sanders, CJ will never equal his prime becasue Barry was in his prime from his rookie year until he retired. He averaged 300 carries a year--at 5 yards per.

We should be thankful, at this point anyway, that Chan kept CJ fresh for Marrone.

I thought he had a pretty serious injury that he couldn't really return to form from?

Yeah, it was a spinal column injury inflicted by a tackle from Shawne Merriman...karma is a B word I guess, lol