Spiller vs. Marshawn

Interesting stuff, although broken tackles is a little misleading as it includes complete jukes where the defender doesn't touch the ballcarrier.

Spiller was actually second in the whole league with a significant amount of touches, over 250.

I can't wait to see Spiller this year in this offense.

Completely different backs. Lynch is smashmouth and Spiller is finesse. Both are good players.

Completely... They are both good running backs. I understand why the bills moved lynch, but he's been an asset to Seattle and cj is an asset in buffalo. Comparing the two is an exercise in irrelevance.

Beyond that, every decision made within the context of the old coach, system and offense whether right or wrong at the time don't matter in any way now.

I can clearly see stability with coaching and the systems is a cornerstone to personnel success. The bills defense clearly exemplifies this.

Completely... They are both good running backs. I understand why the bills moved lynch, but he's been an asset to Seattle and cj is an asset in buffalo. Comparing the two is an exercise in irrelevance.

Beyond that, every decision made within the context of the old coach, system and offense whether right or wrong at the time don't matter in any way now.

I can clearly see stability with coaching and the systems is a cornerstone to personnel success. The bills defense clearly exemplifies this.

Except the ONLY comparison was to how many tackles they broke or avoided/eluded. They're both running backs. Breaking and avoiding/eluding tackles is their reason for existence. Why is that irrelevant?

Interesting stuff, although broken tackles is a little misleading as it includes complete jukes where the defender doesn't touch the ballcarrier.

Spiller was actually second in the whole league with a significant amount of touches, over 250.

I can't wait to see Spiller this year in this offense.

+1. He is the heart and soul of this offense. I hope Hackett really understands the importance of this kids talent to this team.

We should never have run Marshawn out of town. He just needed time to grow up.

i don't know if he would have done that here. i loved marshawn on the field, but he was definately not doing himself any favors off of it in buffalo. i loved to watch him play since he gave everything he had and refused to go down after first contact, but he was just such a bonehead, the guy was constantly making horrible decisions. maybe it took a change of scenery for him.

i don't know if he would have done that here. i loved marshawn on the field, but he was definately not doing himself any favors off of it in buffalo. i loved to watch him play since he gave everything he had and refused to go down after first contact, but he was just such a bonehead, the guy was constantly making horrible decisions. maybe it took a change of scenery for him.

And probably better coaching.

As a big Lynch fan who gave him chances, you have to be the biggest Bills' hater to blame them for Lynch. He gave the Bills no other options. He destroyed his trade value and embarassed the franchise. He was always a good rb and hopefully, he is finally maturing. Good on him if he is.

But Spiller keeps his nose clean and has special moves/ speed. He is a potential homerrun every time he touches the ball. As a guy who wasn't a fan of the pick, I'm very happy he has shown elite skills. And with top 10 picks, you need to find elite no matter the positon.

I guess it's my fault for not specifying the point of my OP. The reason I posted the article is because it's widely assumed that Spiller is a finesse back, and Marshawn excels at breaking tackles. I, for one, was surprised to learn that Spiller was actually better than Marshawn at breaking tackles last year (in addition to his incredible speed/explosiveness/etc.).

It does speak to effectiveness. Spiller is more of a threat to break a big run than Marshawn. Who cares how the tackle was broken. Just that he got past the defensive players.

Joique Bell had more broken tackles per touch than either CJ or Marshawn.

with how many carries? Was it a number similar to Lynch, or Spiller.... Or more like Felix Jones's numbers?

We should never have run Marshawn out of town. He just needed time to grow up.

Um --- Marshawn ran Marshawn out of town the Bills didn't have any thing to do with it . The fans maybe ?

Couple that with Marshawn being a big city boy in a smaller city like B/Lo & he never would have been happy here & you could tell it just by the way he looked in interviews he didn't want to be here !!

After he got in trouble the second time he was never the happy go lucky guy he was the first year in !!

All concerned are better off !!