Jets Release Tim Tebow

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think another nfl team gives him a shot. Upside doesn't justify media circus. Jets really screwed him over, brought him in for media to sell tickets and never gave him a legit role or chance to start. Feel bad for the guy. Jets are a bad franchise the way they treat people.

I don't think another nfl team gives him a shot. Upside doesn't justify media circus. Jets really screwed him over, brought him in for media to sell tickets and never gave him a legit role or chance to start. Feel bad for the guy. Jets are a bad franchise the way they treat people.

To your point:

@USATODAY

Why Tim Tebow still probably won't make an NFL roster in 2013: http://usat.ly/11QeYcA

eball has a new avatar?

Wow.

That's like the end of Cal Ripken's streak. How do you retire the best avatar ever?

Not retired, just on the shelf while I bask in Buddy's post-draft glow. ;)

Truth be told Tebow never did get a fair chance ANYWHERES in the NFL. That's too bad, much lesser talent got more of a break than him (*see JP Losman, Trent Edwards and others from around the league).

Btw-I first broke wind in my office when I read this news.

Huh? 1st round draft pick, starter for a playoff team and he didn't get a fair shot? He got way more than his ability as a passer should allow. There's a lot to like about the kid, but he's just not ready for prime time as an NFL QB.

GO BILLS!!!

Truth be told Tebow never did get a fair chance ANYWHERES in the NFL. That's too bad, much lesser talent got more of a break than him (*see JP Losman, Trent Edwards and others from around the league).

Btw-I first broke wind in my office when I read this news.

Uh have to disagree. Not only did he get a shot, but the Broncos changed their entire offensive system 6 weeks into the season to suit his strengths of well, running the ball.

For a "character" player he is pretty prideful. He's either going to have to accept that no one in the NFL views him as a QB, or that he'll need to go prove himself in the CFL to demonstrate that he can play the position.

The problem is that the years are not going to be kind to his brand of play as he ages, and then all you're left with is a really goofy throwing motion and faith.