Jeff Tuel-Washington State most accurate QB, now a Buffalo Bill

Perhaps somewhat lost in all the draft noise about the Bills 8 draft picks are the stories of the Bills interesting and talented crop of 15 undrafted FAs, including Tennessee WR Da'Rick Rogers and 6' 5" WR Brandon Kaufman from Eastern Washington , and that the Bills finally have a QB coached by none other than Mike Leach :thumbsup:

"Jeff Tuel, the most accurate passer in Washington State's storied quarterbacking history, is headed to the Buffalo Bills as a free agent. He tweeted the news less than an hour after the NFL Draft concluded...Tuel passed for nearly 6,000 yards in his WSU career."

Link

GO BILLSSS!!!!

19 and 0 baby!!!!! :beer:

Watching some links of the kid when they brought him in for the visit, I remember that he was very good with pocket awareness, evading the rush and throwing on the run. His Oline looked bad, he throws a very nice ball. Glad to see they brought him in. To me at least he looked better than a certain prospect named Ryan. He in fact reminded me of EJ, be kind of funny if he was the better of the two wouldn't it.

Since we don't have a fullback, FB Kendall Gaskins from Richmond – Short yardage back with 34 career TDs, might be a good bet to make the final roster (along with Rodgers), maybe Tuel will be on the practice squad, but if the camp competition is really open, who knows? Our week one starter? (hahahaha, just had to say it).

Pough was the talk of the East West Shrine game and I was very surprised he wasn't drafted. I know a few people who watched Kauffman play and said that he's absolutely amazing anddosn't drop a pass. The CB from USC was a projected 5th rounder who they say compares to Jabari Greer. I love this UDFA class.

I saw Tuel play on TV many times and I don't think he's very good. 8 TDs and 8 Ints his senior season. He came in for relief for the starter some before that and was brutal then too. Plus, he's injury riddled himself.

I don't get the Tuel Time love at OBD. But, we'll see.

Perhaps somewhat lost in all the draft noise about the Bills 8 draft picks are the stories of the Bills interesting and talented crop of 15 undrafted FAs, including Tennessee WR Da'Rick Rogers and 6' 5" WR Brandon Kaufman from Eastern Washington , and that the Bills finally have a QB coached by none other than Mike Leach :thumbsup:

Not really....

http://forums.twobil...-udfa-signings/

http://forums.twobil...20#entry2796833

Pough was the talk of the East West Shrine game and I was very surprised he wasn't drafted. I know a few people who watched Kauffman play and said that he's absolutely amazing anddosn't drop a pass. The CB from USC was a projected 5th rounder who they say compares to Jabari Greer. I love this UDFA class.

We always do well with the UDFAs

"Jeff Tuel, the most accurate passer in Washington State's storied quarterbacking history, is headed to the Buffalo Bills as a free agent. He tweeted the news less than an hour after the NFL Draft concluded...Tuel passed for nearly 6,000 yards in his WSU career."

Link

GO BILLSSS!!!!

Thanks for breaking the news: http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/157859-buffalo-bills-udfa-signings/#entry2796789 <_<

I saw him throw at the combine. Told my son, that this guy in my opinion threw the best of every QB there. He was on the money , every throw.Tight spirals,great outs and deep ball. I remember because he was almost bald already. Great pick-up. Kolb or T.Jackson might be packing after camp.

Dang! Hepatic encephalopathy strikes again...

Sorry :oops:

However, the Bills do seem to have been extraordinarily active with the UFAs this season - even more so than in the past.

And, I cannot remember us ever before having a QB coached by...

Mike Leach

I saw Tuel play on TV many times and I don't think he's very good. 8 TDs and 8 Ints his senior season. He came in for relief for the starter some before that and was brutal then too. Plus, he's injury riddled himself.

I don't get the Tuel Time love at OBD. But, we'll see.

I'm interested to hear what you thought of his offense line.

Link

GO BILLSSS!!!!

Most accurate in their history? At barely 62% career? And last year he passed for only 2000 yards in a Leach offense--a whopping 6.3 YPA.

Another Mike Leach QB destined for multiple team practice squads.

April as always proves the best time of year to be a Bills fan. It's like a spring rain in the desert. Old seeds get moisture and begin to bloom only to be scorched by the sun in the coming months, then they lie dormant until the next April draft.

I'm interested to hear what you thought of his offense line.

Good point - the Cougars have no o-line. (Leach has only been in Pullman one season, and has not yet had the opportunity to recruit and develop the larger-than-human front lineman of the ilk that he had at Texas Tech.)

I think Tuel ends up on the practice squad this season, and probably stays there until Manuel is ready to assume the starting role in a season or two - then moves to a backup role when Kolb or Jackson is released.

It will be fun to watch them compete at camp. If he truly is as good as his tape (which I doubt as they are picking plays of course), then would be fun to see him, EJ, one of the old guys on the team. Most likely Kolb.

We'll see. At least there will be a lot to talk about several players in camp.

I tend to think Tuel will see a few snaps in preseason - probably destined to the practice squad (beating out Aaron Corp).

If we cut T Jack & B. Smith & keep Tuel as our #3 QB for a rookie contract price we can save enough cap room to pay Byrd & keep a few others !!

Then when we get rid of Kolb in a couple of years Tuel will be our #2 Qb in case E.J. goes down or maybe our #1 QB if E.J. just flat sucks !!

Edited by T master

We always do well with the UDFAs

Yes, but I wonder if that is less about good scouting, and more about having an awful team that attracts UDFAs, because they have a better chance to make and stick on it.

Case in point: there were 14 teams looking to sign Da'Rick Rogers. I think it's probably true that he liked the coaches, the system, etc., The fact that 2 of his workout buddies were already, and his agent having a good relationship with Brandon and Overdorf, helped out.

But, if it was me, and I knew that the Bills only had 1 proven guy on a roster that will almost definitely use 3-4 WRs, all of that is nice, but I'm going there to play. And, that puts us ahead of at least some of the other 13 teams.

Of course, Rogers and the other 2 WR could have taken a look at the Pats or Jets, as they now have 1-0 proven WRs on their rosters. Thus, the other stuff, besides best chance to play, cannot be completely meaningless.

IF I'm Tuel(why do we always end up with players with the worst possible names?), I think I would take a look at our current QBs and think that I have an even money chance of beating at least one of them out.

Edited by OCinBuffalo