Cincy looking to trade no.17 overall

Travis is exactly the back they need and we could get an starter at any of our need positions such as CB, TE, or OL.  Heck we could even go DT as insurance against Pat Williams leaving.

199862[/snapback]

Travis in not worth anything near you view him to be.

TD is posturing, but imo he knows how little TH is worth.

Feel good if we get a 5th round pick for him.

Not that Cincy would consider TH, but Rudi Johnson will move on. He's the real deal, and will get some big money somewhere, but Perry has a fat contract, and Palmer's very fat contract makes the B'gals do a dance.

They likely can't afford a 1st rounder, at least not a #17 skill pick, and additionally HC Lewis is a believer in a lot of picks. They had a bunch last year (I think it was five in rounds 2 and 3 and 11 total) which costs them, and LB Landon Johnson, CB Keirwan Ratliff, and S/CB Madieu Williams who played much of the season due to starter injuries probably have some performance money kicking in.

199890[/snapback]

IMO Henry didn't help the Bills in what they could receive in a trade. His displeasure of being with the Bills, is I imagine widely known and disgruntled players rarely net teams a good return in a trade. Another thing TH's hard hitting running style doesn't bode well for him to remain in the NFL for too many more years and he's been injured more than once. He's damaged goods at this point after not being able to play before the end of the Bills' season, further lowering his trade value.

The best way to move him IMO is before the draft in a package deal involving Henry and a draft choice for a higher draft selection. Donahoe will get what he thinks is close to fair compensation or Henry, weather he likes it or not will be a Buffalo Bill next season IMO.

I am pretty skeptical of the notion that Buffalo could get a first for TH and their second. TH's value dropped a lot this year. He's starting to get the dreaded "injury prone" label, and I think there probably is something to those bad attitude rumors I heard sometime in the last month.

I reckon that TH is worth a 3rd round pick at best. He's a late 2nd round choice with a history of injuries, fumblitis and questionable character. His 2 strong seasons aren't good enough to raise his stock as high as we would like, despite playing injured in the 2nd.

I think he'll be back in Buffalo because he's more valuable to us that way than packed off for a 3rd round selection.

I reckon that TH is worth a 3rd round pick at best. He's a late 2nd round choice with a history of injuries, fumblitis and questionable character. His 2 strong seasons aren't good enough to raise his stock as high as we would like, despite playing injured in the 2nd.

I think he'll be back in Buffalo because he's more valuable to us that way than packed off for a 3rd round selection.

199969[/snapback]

need two backs now days

At best a third or fourth round pick for Henry. You can get good backs a lot of places and it just so happens that this year there are many in the draft and as free agents. Thinking you can trade TH for a second round pick is VERY foolish. But hey, if some dumb GM is for it then all the better for the Bills.

IMO Henry didn't help the Bills in what they could receive in a trade. His displeasure of being with the Bills, is I imagine widely known and disgruntled players rarely net teams a good return in a trade. Another thing TH's hard hitting running style doesn't bode well for him to remain in the NFL for too many more years and he's been injured more than once. He's damaged goods at this point after not being able to play before the end of the Bills' season, further lowering his trade value.

The best way to move him IMO is before the draft in a package deal involving Henry and a draft choice for a higher draft selection. Donahoe will get what he thinks is close to fair compensation or Henry, weather he likes it or not will be a Buffalo Bill next season IMO.

199916[/snapback]

>>>Donahoe will get what he thinks is close to fair compensation or Henry, weather he likes it or not will be a Buffalo Bill next season IMO.<<<

I agree with your entire post except this sentence. I obviously have no clue to what goes on with Bills management behind the scenes, but I cannot come up with any scenario that involves TH being a Buffalo Bill next season. To take it a step further, if Travis was actually just flat out released, I am thinking that he would get little more than a one year contract in the neighborhood of 1 mil., perhaps a bit more.

What I DO like is the idea of coupling him with a draft pick...for instance, our #4 and Travis for a 3rd round pick from another team. I would be more than satisfied with this. At least we would salvage something.

It would be better for the Bills AND Travis if he moved on.

We are in exactly the same situation as the Pats 3 years ago...BB kept

telling everyone that he had the Cap room to fit both QBs and that he doesn't

have to trade Drew Beldsoe. And then come draft day, there were rumors

about both Buffalo and Cincinnati in the run for him.

I see the exact same situation with our RBs. TD is going to say that he is

and can keep two RBs in his stable (And I really think he can). He doesn't

give a squat to what Henrys feelings are as Henry is under contract. Some

team desparate for a RB or a injury in camp to it starter is going to come

hunting....I don't think TH is walking free from the bills without getting any

compensation.

St. Louis got a 3rd rounder for a no-name RB Lamar Gordon from the Phish ?

Why ? because the Phins were desparate.....

Travis has two 1300 yard rushing season. For whatever shortcomings he has,

he is still bettern than the Larm Gordons...

199890[/snapback]

this is complete horsesh!t. TH may not be worth a first rounder anymore but a 5th??!!

so what you are saying is TH after two 1400 seasons and sammy morris coming out of college are about on par, huh? PLEASE!

TH could (if the circumstances were right) fetch a 2nd rounder, maybe even a high one. he should not and will not be traded for anything less than a high pick in the third round.