We did not address the TE position

freester

TE is the last thing we need. CB, DE/edge passrusher and O-line are much bigger needs. Still need a legitimate QB too but I think we can address that next year hopefully

Writing guys off before they get a chance to play? I remember people saying the same thing about Jim Plunkett...

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No one. I would've stayed away from every QB in this draft and just gone with Kolb. Would've drafted a QB in next year's draft. Buddy feels the heat so I guess we HAD to pick one this year.

yeah, because you heard they will be better.

We are desperate for an impact TE. All the top TE are gone. Chandler will probably start year on pup list. TE is a critical position for a young QB

Guess its a good thing that they don't plan on starting Manuel next year then

I want a TE as well but they weren't going to be able to get everything

Edited by Max997

What are your thoughts on them calling Colin Klein the big QB from Kansas who was a receiver before he became a QB? They could see if he would be willing to switch positions. He can run and he is plenty tough. I am thinking 6th, 7th or maybe even UDFA.

I don't think TE is high on the teams list with 5 under contract (including Dickerson). I think the next 4 picks will be DBs and O line. Look for undrafted free agents to fill out areas of need and what ever veteran free agent they can bring in. I would like to know if they plan to sign Karlos Dansby.

We are desperate for an impact TE. All the top TE are gone. Chandler will probably start year on pup list. TE is a critical position for a young QB

There Re 5-6 impact TEs in the NFL. Be great if the Bills had one but they don't. Neither do most teams. The Bills have 70 holes. TE is about the last one that needs filling.

Edited by John Adams

There Re 5-6 impact TEs in the NFL. Be great if the Bills had one but they don't. Neither do most teams. The Bills have 70 holes. TE is about the last one that needs filling.

^this

We have no idea if the Bills believe they have a TE problem. For all we know, the TEs on the roster are just fine for what they want to do.

If it is true that Nix passed on a 2nd trade down in the 1st , most likely it was SF. SF gave this deal to Dallas. We probably would have gotten an additional 6 or 7th as well for an earlier pick

We could have gotten our pick of QBs at best, or at worst we would have gotten our pick of QBs minus only one. Unless you believe Manuel was the only Franchise QB in the bunch, and Nix said he believed there were 2 or 3, we would have gotten one that he believed was a Franchise QB

By the end of the 3rd round we would have filled all our needs like this. With the 4-7 round picks left to fill OL, DL, S and CB with developmental and depth players if we wanted.

1st round QB #31

2nd round WR Woods # 41

2nd round LB Alonso # 46

3rd round WR Williams or Allen # 74

3rd round TE Jordan Reed #78

Edited by simpleman

If it is true that Nix passed on a 2nd trade down in the 1st , most likely it was SF. SF gave this deal to Dallas. We probably would have gotten an additional 6 or 7th as well for an earlier pick

We could have gotten our pick of QBs at best, or at worst we would have gotten our pick of QBs minus only one. Unless you believe Manuel was the only Franchise QB in the bunch, and Nix said he believed there were 2 or 3, we would have gotten one that he believed was a Franchise QB

By the end of the 3rd round we would have filled all our needs like this. With the 4-7 round picks left to fill OL, DL, S and CB with developmental and depth players if we wanted.

1st round QB #31

2nd round WR Woods # 41

2nd round LB Alonso # 46

3rd round WR Williams or Allen # 74

3rd round TE Jordan Reed #78

Wow, it's so simple, man. Hindsight is a powerful tool, if only we could use it to solve all the world's problems.