Aaron Rodgers signs Contract Extension with the Packers

so whats the new money/years vs old money breakdowns

i assume this is 5 years and 110m tagged on to his current 1 year worth about 10m, making it the standard issue 6 year 120m for an average of 20m contract for qbs these days?

Edited by NoSaint

so whats the new money/years vs old money breakdowns

i assume this is 5 years and 110m tagged on to his current 1 year worth about 10m, making it the standard issue 6 year 120m for an average of 20m contract for qbs these days?

Not sure, but he's underpaid in comparison with Flacco:

@IanKenyonNFL 1m

Joe Flacco: 6 years, $120.6 million. Aaron Rodgers: 5 years, $110 million. Don't tell me the Ravens didn't overpay now.

Not sure, but he's underpaid in comparison with Flacco:

@IanKenyonNFL 1m

Joe Flacco: 6 years, $120.6 million. Aaron Rodgers: 5 years, $110 million. Don't tell me the Ravens didn't overpay now.

if its a 22m per year real average for a guy with a year left on his deal that is a monster contract. with joe already being done with his deal and playing for peanuts on a rookie deal that was expiring i will say the situations are not straight apples to apples comparison

if its a 22m per year real average for a guy with a year left on his deal that is a monster contract. with joe already being done with his deal and playing for peanuts on a rookie deal that was expiring i will say the situations are not straight apples to apples comparison

Not exactly, but I'm comparing their relative worth to the new money that each received.