Ryan Miller puts his Buffalo House up for sale

hahahaha...i'm glad someone asked...i think i know who he is, but not being a hockey fan..what is the significance...is he leaving the team??

Assuming you are serious (I know everyone here doesn't do hockey), for better or worse, Ryan Miller has been the face of the Buffalo Sabres franchise for about 7 years. The fans have a love/hate thing with him... he is just one of those guys who is lights out incredible some nights, decent others...but yeah, he has some clunkers now and again. The increasingly hostile crowd at Frontier arena gave him a pretty roungh time last Friday night. The team was hanging on to the smallest of threads in hopes of grabbing the last playoff spot in the East. They needed to beat the Rangers, at home, to keep their very thin hopes alive...Miller had one of his clunker nights...after one particularly bad goal, where he misplayed the puck, Miller took a lot of abuse from fans. He kind of gestured to the booing fans, as if to say "bring it on"...

He will start the last game of the season tonight, against the Islanders in what would be a meaingless game...except the start will be his 500th as a Sabre (only 10 other goalies have that many starts with one team, I believe I heard), and likely his last.

Edited by Buftex

thanks for that. i really do not follow hockey, but have been on this site often enough to know he was a hockey player...didn't know he was the goalie but probably should have.

Assuming you are serious (I know everyone here doesn't do hockey), for better or worse, Ryan Miller has been the face of the Buffalo Sabres franchise for about 7 years. The fans have a love/hate thing with him... he is just one of those guys who is lights out incredible some nights, decent others...but yeah, he has some clunkers now and again. The increasingly hostile crowd at Frontier arena gave him a pretty roungh time last Friday night. The team was hanging on to the smallest of threads in hopes of grabbing the last playoff spot in the East. They needed to beat the Rangers, at home, to keep their very thin hopes alive...Miller had one of his clunker nights...after one particularly bad goal, where he misplayed the puck, Miller took a lot of abuse from fans. He kind of gestured to the booing fans, as if to say "bring it on"...

He will start the last game of the season tonight, against the Islanders in what would be a meaingless game...except the start will be his 500th as a Sabre (only 10 other goalies have that many starts with one team, I believe I heard), and likely his last.

1) Maybe he's been told he's being traded.

2) Maybe he wants to get out of a condo and into a house.

3) I wish Buffalo fans would realize the guy has given his all for the team and just thank him for the years of service. If he moves on, it won't be because he didn't try his ass off to bring victories to the Sabres. I don't like the reputation our fans are developing for being brutish to our own players. I'll be sorry to see Miller go if it happens, and if it does, I wish him well. Hopefully it will yield the best return for Buffalo, if it comes to this.