Twinkies will be back in July...

• 1 month later...

The sweet sweet tears of all those union asshats who destroyed the old company and are now out of work will make the Twinkies that much tastier.

Indeed. :thumbsup:

I haven't bought a Twinkie in 30 years but will pick up a pack just to show my support!

The sweet sweet tears of all those union asshats who destroyed the old company and are now out of work will make the Twinkies that much tastier.

why cut off your nose to spite your face, I will never understand that. They could still be making them, today, instead then kill a company and tons of jobs... illogical.

should this be merged with the HFCS diabetes thread? LOL

I might have one, haven't had a twinkie in 30 years..... plus I need to check out this HFCS thing once and for all....

why cut off your nose to spite your face, I will never understand that. They could still be making them, today, instead then kill a company and tons of jobs... illogical.

My guess is sheer arrogance. They didn't believe the company was broke and couldn't afford their nonsense. The union reps all wear white hats and the company executives are evil greedy lying bastards who do nothing but cash massive bonus checks.

I'll wager that it never occurred to the union idiots that the company wasn't bluffing. They lost. I have no sympathy for those idiots who voted themselves out of jobs. I think it's poetic justice that the union workers who pissed away their cushy paychecks by sheer greed are now forced to work without a union.

My guess is sheer arrogance. They didn't believe the company was broke and couldn't afford their nonsense. The union reps all wear white hats and the company executives are evil greedy lying bastards who do nothing but cash massive bonus checks.

I'll wager that it never occurred to the union idiots that the company wasn't bluffing. They lost. I have no sympathy for those idiots who voted themselves out of jobs. I think it's poetic justice that the union workers who pissed away their cushy paychecks by sheer greed are now forced to work without a union.

This situation is just too rich. As a member of management I went through a strike many years ago. We had no choice but to keep the plant running. We brought in people off the street and even our wives if they weren't working elsewhere. We kept the plant running at a level well enough to not lose any customers. The strike lasted for 6 weeks. When it was settled, the union people gained 5 cents an hour over what they could have received 6 months earlier with early negotiations. Oh, and they ended up with the union pension plan instead of the company's plan. When fully analized, the company's plan was much better. Guess who got to control of all that pension money? The local union president worked for me. Guess who busted his balls on a regular basis?

Anyway, I'd like to see a "Appreciate Twinkie Day" at least once a month. Let's make sure this non union company is busier than schit. Let's not be tempted to make it a once a week thing though, we might lose too many customers.

Balance sheets and cash flow statements typically don't lie, well, unless you're Enron.

Maybe those workers are happy to out from under the union???

• 3 weeks later...

i wonder if Walmart will let me have some extra bags so I can put each Twinkie in it's own Walmart bag and leave a little gift to some of the Union fanboys I know

NLRB's not too far away from my client site. Maybe I'll deliver them a few boxes...