#8 spot generating the most buzz

I have said this before. I really don't think Nix is capable of trading down. You need to have the guts to do it, and he doesn't (based on what he's said before and his refusal to trade down in the past).

If he wants Nassib or Barkley, he probably won't risk losing out on those guys by moving down.

I don't see "guts" having anything to do with trading down. I see plenty of guts when you choose not to trade up.

Buddy had plently of guts, when he took Gilmore at 8, and then stood pat, and didn't trade up to get Glenn.

In contrast, trading down is easy, because everybody says "oh look they got picks". Standing pat also takes more "guts" because when you make your pick at your spot, instead of trading down, you are sure to hear "waaaah! they could have traded down!" :rolleyes:

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've said it a few time this week, No way the Jets draft a QB this year. The ship is sinking with Sanchez and Fat Rex.

I agree. I don't see how the Jets draft a rookie QB with Rex on the hot seat, and looking for help.

If anything, drafting a QB is a kiss of death, UNLESS you get an RG3 or Luck, but not a reach QB in the 1st. Not happening.

I agree. I don't see how the Jets draft a rookie QB with Rex on the hot seat, and looking for help.

If anything, drafting a QB is a kiss of death, UNLESS you get an RG3 or Luck, but not a reach QB in the 1st. Not happening.

I don't think the Jets take a QB because when Rex is not there and they bring in a new coach, it would lessen the candidates substantially if, say, you took a WCO QB like Barkley or Nassib. You would have to hire a WCO guy.

If there was a player like Andrew Luck or even RG111 it wouldn't matter. But there isn't.

Watch the USC/Syracuse game. Barkley dissects the orange defense for 5 TDs in that game. Marrone had no answer for him and respects the hell out of him.

nix seems to like him a lot too.... i was thinking EJ for awhile as the qb if geno doesnt fall, but im starting to talk myself back towards barkley.

Or dont and keep putting crap out there to QB the Bills and we keep sucking.

At some point you gotta nut up and roll the dice.

All gamblers think the next pull of the lever is the payoff.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

If the Jets like Nassib so much it will be easy for them to jump to #6 and grab him. I think that's what the Bills want them to do and why all of the rumors that we want Nassib so badly. Allows us to trade back without much threat of losing Barkley, Manuel or Smith depending on who we like.

Just making this as a thread to gain insight on what the analysts and TV stooges are saying about who they think taking who and who's rising and falling on the boards as well as possible trade. Regarding any team, not just the Bills.

Last I heard on nfln was that the bills are taking nassib. Not sure who the reporter was. Some guy not at the nfln studios, but interviewing remote.

What have you guys heard recently?

If Austin is on the board when we draft, we will be trading back most likely to the Rams at 16. If noone wants to trade back, I would take Austin. If we pick at 16, we need to take the TE Eifert if he is there. If he is not, than we take Cordarelle Patterson. If he is gone than take Womack or Cooper. All 4 have more upside than any of the QB's available. There will be QB's available when we pick at 41. There will also be QB's available in the 3rd round. Landry Jones, Tyler Wilson or Tyler Bray might be our guy as well. All three played a lot of football at big time programs in strong conferences.

I think Buddy is playing things super cool. We may have absolutely no interest in taking Nasib or Barkley.

Just making this as a thread to gain insight on what the analysts and TV stooges are saying about who they think taking who and who's rising and falling on the boards as well as possible trade. Regarding any team, not just the Bills.

Last I heard on nfln was that the bills are taking nassib. Not sure who the reporter was. Some guy not at the nfln studios, but interviewing remote.

What have you guys heard recently?

That was Ian Rappaport, who 30 minutes earlier reported that the Bills were taking Austin at 8 and that he was the #1 player on the Bills board.

That was Ian Rappaport, who 30 minutes earlier reported that the Bills were taking Austin at 8 and that he was the #1 player on the Bills board.

Well...I'll say this much...If Austin, a 5-8-172 slot receiver is #1 on the Bills board this team has problems so deep this Draft is all but useless...IMHO...That would solidify the Bills as clearly and unquestionably the worst Scouting Department in the NFL...Hands down... B-)

If Austin is on the board when we draft, we will be trading back most likely to the Rams at 16. If noone wants to trade back, I would take Austin. If we pick at 16, we need to take the TE Eifert if he is there. If he is not, than we take Cordarelle Patterson. If he is gone than take Womack or Cooper. All 4 have more upside than any of the QB's available. There will be QB's available when we pick at 41. There will also be QB's available in the 3rd round. Landry Jones, Tyler Wilson or Tyler Bray might be our guy as well. All three played a lot of football at big time programs in strong conferences.

I think Buddy is playing things super cool. We may have absolutely no interest in taking Nasib or Barkley.

^^^^^^ THIS!

seems to be a lot of talk around Tavon Austin and teams wanting to trade up ahead of the Jets to get him

I just dont see the Bills taking a QB at 8, not buying into that.

I see or am hoping the Bills trade down with possibly the Rams but if they stay at 8 they may surprise a lot of people and take Austin

Well...I'll say this much...If Austin, a 5-8-172 slot receiver is #1 on the Bills board this team has problems so deep this Draft is all but useless...IMHO...That would solidify the Bills as clearly and unquestionably the worst Scouting Department in the NFL...Hands down... B-)

Yeah, I didn't believe that for a second.