Favre vs. Bledsoe

Fezmid

So you have no idea how many times Favre's been down by 14 points, but you just assume it rarely happens?  In essence, your post is about nothing then, right?

CW

199581[/snapback]

Green Bay has one of the best records in the NFL the last 10 year so its safe to say they have not been been behind too much.

Green Bay has one of the best records in the NFL the last 10 year so its safe to say they have not been been behind too much.

199588[/snapback]

One of the best records in the NFL? Can you back that up please?

EDIT: Unfortunately, NFL.com and ESPN.com only go back 3-4 years, so I can't go back 10 years... :)

CW

One of the best records in the NFL?  Can you back that up please?

CW

199590[/snapback]

:)

Do you really need him to back up the fact that Green Bay has been one of the best teams in the NFL for a long time?

Actually, I'm pretty sure that on the 'Favre 4-Ever" documentary on NFL Network, it said that Green Bay has had the best record in the NFL since like '93 or '94

Do you really need him to back up the fact that Green Bay has been one of the best teams in the NFL for a long time?

199593[/snapback]

When you make a statement that a team has one of the best records in the league over the past decade, yes, I'd like some proof to back it up. I'd also like to know how many times Favre's been down 14 points, but that's VERY difficult to find out manually.

CW

When you make a statement that a team has one of the best records in the league over the past decade, yes, I'd like some proof to back it up.  I'd also like to know how many times Favre's been down 14 points, but that's VERY difficult to find out manually.

CW

199594[/snapback]

I think anyone who's been watching the NFL for the last ten years could confidently say that Green Bay has consistently been among the best teams , man......c'mon now.

One of the best records in the NFL?  Can you back that up please?

CW

199590[/snapback]

Oh my fuggin God!

Green Bay

2004 10-6

2003 10-6

2002 12-4

2001 12-4

2000 9-7

1999 8-8

1998 11-5

1997 13-3

1996 13-3

1995 11-5

Do you actually watch football?

Oh my fuggin God!

Green Bay

2004 10-6

2003 10-6

2002 12-4

2001 12-4

2000 9-7

1999 8-8

1998 11-5

1997 13-3

1996 13-3

1995 11-5

Do you actually watch football?

199599[/snapback]

109-51, 68%.

That's a very good record, but it's not in context. How does it compare to the other teams in the NFL? "One of the best" generally means top 5 or so. Is 109-51 in the top 5? I don't know.

CW

Favre will be a 1st-ballot Hall-of-Famer...

199600[/snapback]

No doubt about that, DVD man..........He belongs among the greatest who have ever played the game.........I'm not sure I'd be comfortable saying the same about Drew.

Though Favre is really starting to sh*t the bed in this game against the Vikes

109-51, 68%.

That's a very good record, but it's not in context.  How does it compare to the other teams in the NFL?  "One of the best" generally means top 5 or so.  Is 109-51 in the top 5?  I don't know.

CW

199603[/snapback]

Dude, I'm going to come over there and smack you........how can you be debating this point?

Though Favre is really starting to sh*t the bed in this game against the Vikes

Starting to? :)

My father-in-law will not be a happy man...

And I won't be happy having to go to work tomorrow and listening to Vikes "fans" saying how "great" their team is again. *sigh*

CW

Farve just threw another interception.....bad decision.

Farve reminds me of another great QB late in his career. For years he got away with relying on his arm strength to zip the ball into coverage. As the years go on, that extra velocity on the ball wasn't there, and the interceptions would happen that would leave you wondering, "What was he thinking?!?"

Jim Kelly was a first-ballot hall of famer, nevertheless.

Want to put a bet on that one too?  Oh wait, we both want the "yes" vote; oh well. :)

CW

199604[/snapback]

I'd want the "yes" only for the bet, I'm not a Favre fan at all.

Great QB, but I think he's a self-serving POS.

Farve just threw another interception.....bad decision.

Farve reminds me of another great QB late in his career. For years he got away with relying on his arm strength to zip the ball into coverage. As the years go on, that extra velocity on the ball wasn't there, and the interceptions would happen that would leave you wondering, "What was he thinking?!?"

Jim Kelly was a first-ballot hall of famer, nevertheless.

199610[/snapback]

Yep, very true......I remember how sickened I was to hear fans booing Jimbo in '96 when he was struggling.......I was embarrassed to count myself among Bills fans during that time.....Jimbo didn't deserve that crap.

Dude, I'm going to come over there and smack you........how can you be debating this point?

199608[/snapback]

Well, Philly's been to how many NFC Championship games? New England? Tennessee?

I'm not debating that Green Bay has been very good over the past 10 years. I just don't know that they're "one of the best" over that time frame, especially over the past 6 years where they've had more than 10 wins only twice. That's very good (and I'd take it!), but one of the best in the league? Maybe, I don't know how the other top teams stack up.

Also, how many times have the Pack been down 14 points? That's what this originally started about.

Plus, it's fun pissing Pete off, although it's a bit too easy. :)

CW

Wow, how embarrassing for the Vikes if they choke in this game......Favre throws four picks and he's down by more points than he's ever come back from........that would be awesome......Vikes suck.